1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original HT Thanos looked great! The only thing that looked plasticy to me was the elbow joint popping out visually (because you know, it was just plain plastic and no attempt to hide it).

I hate saying this as it's really ridiculous but the price isn't that bad really.
I agree actually. Thought he’d be way more but $376 is actually kind of reasonable for this considering how big of a figure it is and with the light up features and stuff. Hot Toys has us trained well thinking this price is a bargain. :lol

A big part of the size/scale issue has to do with Hot Toys increasing the size of their figures as well. When the first Thanos was announced, Iron Man Mark 42/43 and Dark World Thor were 12 inches tall. For Infinity War, they are 12.6 inches tall. About a 5% increase. GoTG Thanos was 15 inches tall. This one is 16.33 inches. An 8% increase.

the good ol days when a new figure was 200$ or 220$... now we get this for 376$ bare bones.. hot toys absolutely priced me out of this hobby.

I agree actually. Thought he’d be way more but $376 is actually kind of reasonable for this considering how big of a figure it is and with the light up features and stuff. Hot Toys has us trained well thinking this price is a bargain. :lol

Lol Right?! I was thinking $376 was a steal for this figure as well. Well done, Hot Toys. :lol

How big is Hulk compared to Thanos? I believe gladiator hulk is 355 compared to Thanos 376. But hulk comes with an alternate sculpt and two massive weapons as well. But this guy has the soft goods I suppose.

Also I don’t like the corduroy pants :lol

What's the point? There's no way we're not getting an armored Thanos. Kudos to Hot Toys making him cheaper than the latest Iron Man?

the good ol days when a new figure was 200$ or 220$... now we get this for 376$ bare bones.. hot toys absolutely priced me out of this hobby.

Nope.

The original Hulk figure came with literally nothing and was $299 (calculated with inflation that is $324.26).

This figure costs $50 more and comes with an extra posed arm and a second head sculpt. Seems totally fair to me.

Doubt it all you want, I still have a feeling the high price for Iron Man is because they haven't revealed it completely yet and there are still some features they haven't finished yet. It is rare for them to do that, but they did it with War Machine mk.3 did for Civil War, although that will be a small update compared to what Iron Man should get.

This Thanos is decently priced I suppose, but I'm gonna sit on it for awhile. I'm not convinced there will be an armored version, but I want to be able to weight my options first just in case. I'll still probably get it eventually anyway because it looks great.

Even if they made the armored Thanos he probably be with out the gauntlet, more expensive and not likely till after the release and milk this figure

Even if they made the armored Thanos he probably be with out the gauntlet, more expensive and not likely till after the release and milk this figure

I see no reason an armored version wouldn't come with a gauntlet. Despite him wearing the armor in what appear to be flashbacks, In the newest trailer he's wearing his armor (taking off his helmet) with the gauntlet on, but only the power stone is on the gauntlet so it's probably not a flashback but early in the movie.

There was no version without the throne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah I swore there was. Even still I don’t think this is a bad deal. The original version was $415 so figure about $40 or so for the throne. Also Ultron was around the same price and was about the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big part of the size/scale issue has to do with Hot Toys increasing the size of their figures as well. When the first Thanos was announced, Iron Man Mark 42/43 and Dark World Thor were 12 inches tall. For Infinity War, they are 12.6 inches tall. About a 5% increase. GoTG Thanos was 15 inches tall. This one is 16.33 inches. An 8% increase.

I do not think that’s why. The 43 isn’t Half an inch shorter then the 45 or 46. It’s the films that changed his height. No way a slight change in figures would result in an equal scale change in 1/1 of over a foot. That’s not a readjustment that’s a total scale change. From 1/6 to 1/5. They just made him taller in the movies.

He’s going from this thanos to nearly the same height as hulk.

BF36E756-EE38-4AF7-AAB8-8B07E09ABFD2.jpg

they pulled the design off pretty much perfectly and I like the look, it just isnt the iconic Thanos look I want so will probably pass. Hopefully the armoured look gets made too or IW2 has a more classic look for him. GOTG version is better for my needs.

Back