1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m hoping there will be an armored version released. Anyone have a pic of that from the film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel like I'll start to feel the 180 turn soon enough, really would like to have a Thanos with the Gauntlet, whether that means an armored one or having this. Reward points could make him about 200 for me. Feel like I'll have plenty of time to decide though.

I’m hoping there will be an armored version released. Anyone have a pic of that from the film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avengers-infinity-war-new-trailer-breakdown-analysis-thanos-helmet.jpg

They must be doing it so Hulk finally has someone to have a good fight with.

Thanos vs. Hulk

Could be. It’s just a strange move. It would be like in A4 hulk is now hulkbuster size. Thor is hulks size. That’s the change. A little wiggle room for new joints and features is fine. But once they start changing size that much it’s no longer a cohesive line. Unless there is going to be some onscreen explanation that he gets bigger with the stones then it makes little sense.

And again, I like the figure. Already PO it. It’s just now as big as the throne from GoTG.

And his isn’t a hot Toys change it’s a movie change. They didn’t just make up his height last time, then went off material provided by marvel. Same this time.

they pulled the design off pretty much perfectly and I like the look, it just isnt the iconic Thanos look I want so will probably pass. Hopefully the armoured look gets made too or IW2 has a more classic look for him. GOTG version is better for my needs.
I think this will be iconic for MCU. I like the changes they've made to a lot of the characters. I don't know if he appears in the ultimate but I imagine this would be his look if he did

Sent from a point in space and time

With 60 characters in this movie, I doubt they do costume variations of villains. This isn’t an accessory, it’s a full blown costume redesign. No way they do that for Infinity War and the only way they would eventually do one...is if Thanos plays a huge role in A4 and loses the gauntlet. But, why would he need armor against the gauntlet? He wouldn’t...

I think anyone waiting for a full armor version will be left in the cold.

I do not think that’s why. The 43 isn’t Half an inch shorter then the 45 or 46. It’s the films that changed his height. No way a slight change in figures would result in an equal scale change in 1/1 of over a foot. That’s not a readjustment that’s a total scale change. From 1/6 to 1/5. They just made him taller in the movies.

He’s going from this thanos to nearly the same height as hulk.

View attachment 402599

He's been on the juice

Could be. It’s just a strange move. It would be like in A4 hulk is now hulkbuster size. Thor is hulks size. That’s the change. A little wiggle room for new joints and features is fine. But once they start changing size that much it’s no longer a cohesive line. Unless there is going to be some onscreen explanation that he gets bigger with the stones then it makes little sense.

And again, I like the figure. Already PO it. It’s just now as big as the throne from GoTG.

And his isn’t a hot Toys change it’s a movie change. They didn’t just make up his height last time, then went off material provided by marvel. Same this time.

To be fair there was nothing for HT to scale Thanos against in GOTG.

This is the "come at me bro" Thanos. Don't need no armor. The Russos said that it is a spirtitual journey for him and knows the Avengers got nothing on him. The armor looks kinda clunky on him and I like to see Thanos in "sun's out gun's out" mode.

To be fair there was nothing for HT to scale Thanos against in GOTG.

Visually you are correct. But marvel still provides the size he is in the 3d files and packets they give to all licensing partners like hot toys and iron studios and prime 1. Hot toys doesn’t guess the height nor do they use the film footage most the time. It takes a year or more to get a prototype and when they start most the CG or finish work isn’t even done. Before the filming starts marvel (dc as well) send out packets with all the relevant info, like height, weight, age key accessories, abilities etc to licensors. Those things rarely leak but I believe they did for BvS so you can look them up and see them.

Hot toys was told a height for Thanos I’m gotg and built the figure to scale of that. They did the same for this new figure from IW. This isn’t like the difference between an early plastic mk3/4/6 and the newer diecast versions where they are slightly larger to accommodate the new joints and lights and all that. It’s a huge difference that had to be an intentional size change on marvels end. It’s one thing when you recast an actor(even though the character should actually still be the same height adjusted for age) but thanos is digital and the same voice so that’s not the reason. I am sure it’s so he looks more intimidating. But it’s just a bad precedent to set and a weird thing given height has little to do with the strength of these characters. Doomsday was huge, Superman is stronger. Hulk is huge, Thor’s nearly as strong. He didn’t need to be 8 ft tall to be a bad ass, especially given he wasn’t in gotg or A1. I mean the dude that plays the Mountain on game of thrones is 6ft6 and 400 lbs. that’s plenty intimidating. Thanos would be closer to 6ft7 and 900 lbs in gotg or comics. Seems scary enough to me. Lol

That smirk from A1 was the look I most wanted. I mean it was great fun. But the I’ll do it myself was good too.

I see no reason an armored version wouldn't come with a gauntlet. Despite him wearing the armor in what appear to be flashbacks, In the newest trailer he's wearing his armor (taking off his helmet) with the gauntlet on, but only the power stone is on the gauntlet so it's probably not a flashback but early in the movie.
Yes I saw that but who would buy a 1 stone gauntlet unless they took the liberty of making him have all the stones.

In truth the fact that they even made him for guardians of the galaxy was odd as he was never the primary villain, why they made him and skipped Ronan never really made any sense in addition they may have thought they could reuse the mold I this movie but as we can see that is not the case

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back