1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always love displaying my hot toys with the actor's headsculpt but I find this figure to be better with the mask on. It's such an awesome spiderman figure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First unboxing and posing video

After a bit of an annoying start the video is actually pretty good. Common questions are addressed and he's honest with his answers.

Still on the fence for this guy. But certainly a very interesting look for Spiderman.

Is this the first HT with magnetic head? I'd kind of be annoyed if you couldn't kitbash a Peter without the normal neck peg spot in there.

Getting tempted to pull the trigger soon, got some RP that I could use and it’d be my first Spider Man, luckily I wouldn’t be tempted to use the head sculpt with the giraffe neck issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is there any reason why Hot Toys couldn't produce this figure in a similar way to the way it makes Iron Man figures?

I feel like the various webbing patterns could have been utilized for less noticeable joints and such. His shoulder pads could have covered any noticeable joint the same way Iron Man's current shoulder pads do. Sure, it may have needed to sacrifice mid-section articulation, but it would have been a fair trade-off for a more aesthetically looking and diecast figure.

I think that would make it look too much like a heavily-armored or "robotic Spidey" figure, instead of like someone simply wearing a skintight nano-tech armor.

And personally I'm willing to give up some posability if it means a figure that better captures how he looked in the movie.

I’ve noticed some slight differences from the proto. The proto has more texturing and an armor like pattern on the webbing. The final product seems to have that detail just printed onto the suit.

I’ve noticed some slight differences from the proto. The proto has more texturing and an armor like pattern on the webbing. The final product seems to have that detail just printed onto the suit.

Good catch. And if you look at the actual costume itself, the webbing isn't printed on the suit either. The proto was a more accurate rendition.

I agree. you can see the contrast when you look at his hands and head, which have the sculpted lines as well as the metallic paint. it almost looks like the head and hands are from a different figure. that mismatch doesn't look good at all to me.

I agree. you can see the contrast when you look at his hands and head, which have the sculpted lines as well as the metallic paint. it almost looks like the head and hands are from a different figure. that mismatch doesn't look good at all to me.
I really liked that detailing on the proto. Kind of set it apart from just looking like a material suit. It gave it an actual armor kind of effect. Still debating whether to pick this up or not.

I can see why they changed the texture from the proto, by making the webs printed it allows the light to shine off the material more .

If it is more textured webs they would probably end up looking dull and less illuminated from the light

Good call. I probably would have never noticed if you never pointed it out. I just went and compared the proto pics to the released pics. While I do prefer the textured look, I think ultimately it was done to reduce bunching, creasing, and wrinkles when posing the figure. By having printed webbing they're able to make the suit thinner and therefore reduce the aforementioned issues.

In the end, Hot Toys made the right call making that change as it probably helps with the longevity of the suit material/figure. I'd imagine the textured webbing could also be prone to flaking if over-posed after awhile. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting this next month.

A lot are worried about creases. Fortunately for me, i find one pose for my figures and they stay that way forever. So an extra dynamic pose for this guy will do me just fine

A lot are worried about creases. Fortunately for me, i find one pose for my figures and they stay that way forever. So an extra dynamic pose for this guy will do me just fine

That's how I'll roll too. Get that one pose that sets the endorphins off...then leave it to live happily ever after on the shelf.

It’s a cool looking figure. But it’s not good enough for me to want to spend the money and have to worry about the suit getting damaged. I’m happy with my HC Spider-Man. Good luck to those who are getting this!!

Back