1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I put my normal "Spandex" suit Spiderman next to the Avengers he just doesn't work. All the others have tougher materials for their suits. bUt Iron Spider fits in perfectly. And it'S not just because of the movie. The colours work better and the bling factor and mechanical arms just finish it off.

Best last minute purchase ever for me.

Funny you mention,

I re-watched Infinity War last night, and I was noting that the homecoming suit fighting the Villains looked a little out of place. I thought it was the CGI, but really it was the intense bright red contrasting with the rest of the movie's palette.

Funny you mention,

I re-watched Infinity War last night, and I was noting that the homecoming suit fighting the Villains looked a little out of place. I thought it was the CGI, but really it was the intense bright red contrasting with the rest of the movie's palette.

Interesting. I'm no expert, but colour grading and the palette they decide on for the "look" of the movie is pretty important. It's one of those things which most people don't even recognise. Nor should they, it's all part of making the movie look "right".

Anyone have any idea as to when this guy will be hitting the UK? It's usually about 8 weeks after the US isn't it? Or is that not for every figure. The wait is killing me!

Well, I have the unfortunate experience of damaging the pleather by keeping Spidey in a dynamic pose. The mark near his side was caused by the clamp. Posed for a week, removed it from clamp, it did not warps back into place. Any suggestions on a possible fix? Kind of scared to take an iron to it...

Screenshot_20190217-203232.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190217203657500_COVER.jpg

I’m sorry that happened to you. I learned from my tech suit spidey not to use thouse stands. I don’t know what to do about this spidey the tech suit material went back in place after a week. That looks bad. I ended up just buying some generic stands off amazon for figures with tight fitting costumes. Only use these stands on armors or doctor Strange

Hurts to see that kinda damage and moreso coz it's been caused by the stand HT provided. :( I'm glad I never use those dynamic stands (nor any other HT includes) coz I've always been scared they could somehow damage the figures. Not to mention that the bases take up way too much space.

Hurts to see that kinda damage and moreso coz it's been caused by the stand HT provided. :( I'm glad I never use those dynamic stands (nor any other HT includes) coz I've always been scared they could somehow damage the figures. Not to mention that the bases take up way too much space.

What stands do you use?

Oh well, it's not terribly noticeable when he's in a field of spideys at least. I don't have any intention of reselling my collection, it's just sad to know it's there somewhere. Still hoping there's some DIY fix-it technique to make it less dented.

IMG_20190214_202040_637.jpg

I hate how much those stand grips clamp down around these figures, really wish they were adjustable in some capacity. I've seen them damage IW Thor which is a total shame because he looks great in a 'flying' dynamic pose and like someone a few posts up said, these COME with the damn figure.

Oh well, it's not terribly noticeable when he's in a field of spideys at least. I don't have any intention of reselling my collection, it's just sad to know it's there somewhere. Still hoping there's some DIY fix-it technique to make it less dented.

View attachment 444837

So, uh, what can you tell me about that comics Iron Spider there on the right? Asking for a friend...

This had me worried, but just checked mine and it’s fine. Mine is clamped around his waist/belt line, so I think the material is less pliable in that area. This issue is something to keep in mind for those who ordered the Captain Marvel figure, as her suit looks to be made of similar material.

View attachment 444837

The use of a hair dryer seems to be a good method. It was discussed in this thread a way back.

Also I recall Dean Knights video showed how he removed creases almost totally with a hair dryer. Check that out. I think his first video on this figure. Note: he was pretty negative on the figure to begin with [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I put my normal "Spandex" suit Spiderman next to the Avengers he just doesn't work. All the others have tougher materials for their suits. bUt Iron Spider fits in perfectly. And it'S not just because of the movie. The colours work better and the bling factor and mechanical arms just finish it off.

Best last minute purchase ever for me.

I had noticed this myself -- the red and blue are too primary and saturated compared to the other costumes. I do it anyway but HC looks best with Hulk, weirdest with Widow or Mark IV.

For this reason I think the FFH suit may be a better match, and I can see how this one is a perfect fit. But I refuse to buy it you damned buncha enablers! :lol

The use of a hair dryer seems to be a good method. It was discussed in this thread a way back.

Also I recall Dean Knights video showed how he removed creases almost totally with a hair dryer. Check that out. I think his first video on this figure. Note: he was pretty negative on the figure to begin with [emoji2]

Okay hair dryer def sounds less intrusive of potential solution to my problem, I'll give it a shot sometime next weekend when I have more time.

Re earlier question about the comics ver of Iron Spider, it's a 1/6 scale partial diecast fig from Sentinel Toys. Disclaimer it's a little shorter than HT version, but it has amazing articulation and can hold dynamic poses very well. Their 1/10 scale Iron Man series actually got me started in the collecting game. I have some more pics of it on my Instagram account @dyaxsiel if you want to take a look.

I have a feeling that a plastic or diecast Spiderman would look cheap. They can get away with it with Iron Man since he's honestly more like a robot in both range of movement and appearance. Spidey is super flexible. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to give him that much articulation while hiding the articulation points that look ugly. But I don't know much about engineering figures soooo :monkey3

Also, short end of the stick? Come on G, we don't have to buy these things at all :lol

Well of course a iron man suit with joints would look terrible for this Spiderman but the people calling for it care more about articulation than looks. Playing with the figure their number one priority.

Opened my Iron Spider today. He looks incredible! I thought all the fears of creasing his suit were exaggerated, but I’m honestly afraid to pose him. I’ll muster up the courage eventually...

Back