1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I get the Tech Suit version over this figure? I want a representation of a Spidey in my collection and I'm not sure if I like this one or the tech suit more. Or maybe I can just wait for a future suit and keep this one in my collection?

I think it depends on what you're comfortable with as far as paying for the tech suit, seeing the second market prices. In hindsight, I wish I didn't get rid of my tech suit as quickly as I did, but ended up ordering this one, loved the suit in the movie and since I just use museum poses, it won't hinder my enjoyment of it at all. I'm ok if this one will be my only spidey in the collection but I'll probably be tempted on something from the upcoming Far From Home, especially hoping there's a "movie promo" edition of the tech suit that comes out.

I think it depends on what you're comfortable with as far as paying for the tech suit, seeing the second market prices. In hindsight, I wish I didn't get rid of my tech suit as quickly as I did, but ended up ordering this one, loved the suit in the movie and since I just use museum poses, it won't hinder my enjoyment of it at all. I'm ok if this one will be my only spidey in the collection but I'll probably be tempted on something from the upcoming Far From Home, especially hoping there's a "movie promo" edition of the tech suit that comes out.

Hmm, that's a good way of putting it. Will probably keep this figure and just wait (and hope) for a movie promo edition of the Tech Suit. Love the new black and red suit though!

Hmm, that's a good way of putting it. Will probably keep this figure and just wait (and hope) for a movie promo edition of the Tech Suit. Love the new black and red suit though!

Yea I'm not sure how I feel about it, at least when you compare it to that iconic red/blue tech suit but I can see being swayed once the movie gets closer, should make for a nice looking figure.

Wonder why Sideshow still has him up for pre-order when some people are getting notifications of shipping. Wondering if I were to pre-order him now would I get a shipping notification soon. Really would like to get him soon. Seems to be taking forever for BBTS to get there stock in.

In stock and I’m 99% sure free shipping (all of my previous orders shipped free). They also double box.

https://www.fpnyc.com/hot-toys-aven...011186061/toys/action-figures/hot-toys/254976

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine from Alter Ego. Looking forward to setting him up.
IMG_5159.jpg

Also received mine this morning...didn't really have time to mess around with him since I had to head to work, but my initial impression is that the head and rest of the body stand out...and not necessarily in a good way. The head stands out since it's completely plastic and then the suit itself is a rubbery material, so there's a blatant contrast, which kind of looks odd.

Also I'm terrified to even slightly articulate the figure for fear of creasing! And also, whatever the rubber material is it seems prone to lifting your fingerprint/finger oil, so I highly recommend handling this with gloves!

Just my 2 cents from my 1 minute I had to inspect the figure. Looking forward to really getting to mess around with the figure tonight.

Got mine today ! Gotta say I absolutely love him. I was totally off this as a representation of Spiderman, but the bling and arms just make him totally stand out in my core Avengers lineup.

Here are a couple of quick snap photos with a first minimal, but relative expressive (crease free) pose.

edit : just looking at these photos the head and suit look like a perfect match. Sure there is a small difference in real life if you are really looking for it under certain light, but not a big problem imo. The magnetised head is great for making easy quick changes in pose. The head angle can be so expressive.

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

Got mine today ! Gotta say I absolutely love him. I was totally off this as a representation of Spiderman, but the bling and arms just make him totally stand out in my core Avengers lineup.

Here are a couple of quick snap photos with a first minimal, but relative expressive (crease free) pose.

edit : just looking at these photos the head and suit look like a perfect match. Sure there is a small difference in real life if you are really looking for it under certain light, but not a big problem imo. The magnetised head is great for making easy quick changes in pose. The head angle can be so expressive.

View attachment 440248

View attachment 440249

Nice shots!

And yeah, I agree. The head and body material contrast is visible depending on the lighting. I had mine under natural sunlight and it really stood out, but I'll see how it looks tonight under room lighting.

those are some good shots, even in just a simple pose like that, looks great! :clap

Thanks guys. I know many like to go for extreme poses, but it is possible to get some pretty cool "non-destructive" poses from this guy. Plus the metal arms bring a lot to the figure. Glad you guys are also finally getting yours. He's a great piece which fits in perfectly with the rest of Infinity War (or close to IW) characters.

How does this guy [Iron Spider] compare/fit in with lets say Marks 46 & 47? Does he look cheap or plasticish? Does he look like a 12inch doll? When I see Marks 46/47 I see hi end collectibles. Does this figure give off that fibe or just and upscaled toy? Looking to pick this guy up along with CW Cap and Spidey tech suit.

Anyone with those figures can you chime in and give your opinion. Do the other figures other than Iron Man give off that premium look or just a larger dollish look?

I only own Marks 44, 46 and 47 so I'm not sure how the rest of the Hot Toys line holds up. I have watched too many reviews, podcasts, YT videos, etc., just curious on the handlers on this forum.

Back