1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
835921c98e5a7b7bbdbd5b3a95153b20.jpg

Got mine today and he’s a beauty!

Wow, sweet! Was this photo shopped at all?

not as good as taking pics as most of y’all, but here’s some quick cell pics! this one’s very fun to mess around with!

“mr stark, it smells like a new car in here!”

802ef14b805ebb5a53be1417a8f02691.jpg

f14895e392fc628ee5b2a25505401a66.jpg

728db43c6bfaab990fda80a04725f9a6.jpg

ed71efee23c4ab73001d3dda186a1f18.jpg

& now here’s the IW shelf so far..when cap arrives next week, i’ll take falcon, wanda, & vision out of the civil war shelf & add them to IW shelf, since their outfits don’t really change outside of some small stuff
bd98fd8d52e332b66d18267524cac75b.jpg

& lastly, comparison pics among my spideys :p
b19480148d18baf37e166cbb9de3a678.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice photos! I see you're not afraid to start posing him already with those bent arms and legs! How is the supposed creasing issue based on your limited experience so far?

Nice photos! I see you're not afraid to start posing him already with those bent arms and legs! How is the supposed creasing issue based on your limited experience so far?

I know this has been discussed with the random comment thrown out in annoyance but this is a serious question I’ve went back and thought about for myself. I’m not trying to be snarky. I’m honestly interest in what you guys say:

At what point do you guys figure it makes sense to get a good statue of the figure over worrying about creasing on a figure and preferring to keep him in a “museum pose?” Not go all out but something like this, if you’re worried about creasing, what’s the pros over the cons of having this over a smaller statue?

so far....creasing not as bad as i thought, granted it’s only been a few hours, but this materiel seems stronger than i thought it would be. i currently have him in a museum-ish pose on my display though. i’ll mess around with him some more within the next few days & see what happens. this figure is pretty damn awesome in person though. so many possibilities arranging him!

if i get a figure, it’s cause i like it & want it in my collection. i never buy with the intention to resell, so i’m somewhat fearless posing my spider-men/black panthers/deadpool’s/ect. :p

not as good as taking pics as most of y’all, but here’s some quick cell pics! this one’s very fun to mess around with!

“mr stark, it smells like a new car in here!”

802ef14b805ebb5a53be1417a8f02691.jpg

f14895e392fc628ee5b2a25505401a66.jpg

728db43c6bfaab990fda80a04725f9a6.jpg

ed71efee23c4ab73001d3dda186a1f18.jpg

& now here’s the IW shelf so far..when cap arrives next week, i’ll take falcon, wanda, & vision out of the civil war shelf & add them to IW shelf, since their outfits don’t really change outside of some small stuff
bd98fd8d52e332b66d18267524cac75b.jpg

& lastly, comparison pics among my spideys :p
b19480148d18baf37e166cbb9de3a678.jpg

Where did you get that Infinity War background from? I need it!

so far....creasing not as bad as i thought, granted it’s only been a few hours, but this materiel seems stronger than i thought it would be. i currently have him in a museum-ish pose on my display though. i’ll mess around with him some more within the next few days & see what happens. this figure is pretty damn awesome in person though. so many possibilities arranging him!

if i get a figure, it’s cause i like it & want it in my collection. i never buy with the intention to resell, so i’m somewhat fearless posing my spider-men/black panthers/deadpool’s/ect. :p

Yeah you’re part of the group my question doesn’t really pertain to. [emoji6]

This is exactly how I feel. If I can't pose a figure and enjoy it, it's not worth buying. So I pose what I buy however I want and let the chips fall where they may. I suppose I may regret it when/if I ever decide to liquidate my collection, but I'm not really planning for that day as I'm collecting now. That future me's problem. Or maybe my heirs' when they clean this place out someday.

This is exactly how I feel. If I can't pose a figure and enjoy it, it's not worth buying. So I pose what I buy however I want and let the chips fall where they may. I suppose I may regret it when/if I ever decide to liquidate my collection, but I'm not really planning for that day as I'm collecting now. That future me's problem. Or maybe my heirs' when they clean this place out someday.

My heirs wil probably dump these all in a box and sell them 5 for a dollar at a garage sale :lol

My heirs wil probably dump these all in a box and sell them 5 for a dollar at a garage sale :lol

[emoji23][emoji23] I’ve thought about this too. They’d s*** their pants when they eBay search the collection

I know this has been discussed with the random comment thrown out in annoyance but this is a serious question I’ve went back and thought about for myself. I’m not trying to be snarky. I’m honestly interest in what you guys say:

At what point do you guys figure it makes sense to get a good statue of the figure over worrying about creasing on a figure and preferring to keep him in a “museum pose?” Not go all out but something like this, if you’re worried about creasing, what’s the pros over the cons of having this over a smaller statue?

Well for the time being I'm a box collector, which means that I buy the Hot Toys I want, take them out of the box, play with them a little, put them back into the box, and into a closet it goes for storage...so the whole dynamic posing thing doesn't really apply to me right now. The plan is to eventually have a sick custom display built to display all my HTs, so that's why they are held in storage for the mean time. I'm not too fond of the Detolf option. Go big, or go in a closet until it's time.

With this particular figure I feel like you can still articulate some parts slightly to get a cool pose without sacrificing the integrity of the material...the pincers are key to adding some life to what would otherwise by a figure in a static pose. The reason I have no interest in full-on statues is because they have 0 poseability to them. At least with this figure I have the option to if I wanted to and even if I don't want to I think slight movement or tilt of the head is good enough.

In the end, to each his/her own. As long as you enjoy what you buy, that's all that matters. As it stands I'm fine being a museum poser...but then again I'm a closet collector, so none of this matters to me right now. :lol

This figure came out looking sharp. Love that pic of it in the detolf!

I really want to get this figure as my one and only Spider-man in my collection, but right now I have too much on my plate. And with Thor coming and Iron Man coming, and Strange getting moved up.... I don't know when I'll be able to get this.

Back