1/6 Hot Toys GONK Droids: EG-6 (Lars) + Mos Eisley Power Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys GONK Droid (EG-6 Power Droid)

Now that HT has shown it'll do random characters, hoping they do the Jawa I call 'big ass jawas.' Couple of these guys left Tattooine to join the NBA as soon as filming ended.

Tall jawa.jpg

Re: Hot Toys GONK Droid (Power Droid)

They really are. Gonk was not something I think most of us thought they would do
Not just Star Wars stuff either but Suicide Squad and Back to the Future Part II. Just a lot of good stuff this year. First time in a while where it feels like Marvel is taking somewhat of a backseat. The only stuff of theirs there are the figures from Civil War and Deadpool (which we've seen) and Daredevil seems to be the only new reveal that I'm noticing.

Battlefront has a game mode where you collect Gonks, maybe that's the tie in on making this

I don't think this is the droid I'm looking for. I don't want background "extra" power droid. I want speaking part hero Gonk droid.

Moving along.

I don't think this is the droid I'm looking for. I don't want background "extra" power droid. I want speaking part hero Gonk droid.

Moving along.

Nostalgia though. This is the Kenner droid. Pulling at the heartstrings of the 40 somethings.

In fact it is interesting to note that other than Rey/BB8 nothing from TFA has sold out through my suppliers. OT stuff can be pre ordered out within a couple of months and waitlisted.

Hot Toys are wanting to make money at the end of the day. TFA has had a year at the most in our concious.
For 200+ per figure, I want something that takes me back to why Star wars means so much to me.

This little box droid can do that more so than Old Han or Luke.

Is it though? The Kenner didn't have, to quote Poe, all the apparatus.

True. But like R5D4, I'm more than happy to get this for nostalgia sake. The apparatus makes it more appealing to me as an adult because he's more movie accurate.

Getting the "Death Squad Commander," as well for the same reason, yet I have no interest in the DS Gunner. Most likely because he wasn't part of that first 12 & 21 back series.

Are we sure that Hot Toys actually intends to produce this GONK Droid and it's not just a display piece for the show? I want it, but it seems really random.

Now I'm hoping that HT even makes Maz Kanada. There I said it. I didn't care for her at first but after multiple viewings I realized that Han is right. She's an acquired taste.

This gives me hope we will get an R1 droid. I would love to have the entire Jawa lineup.

I'm so all over this one. I've been wanting a right sized detailed Gonk. Loving it.

Back