1/6 Hot Toys GONK Droids: EG-6 (Lars) + Mos Eisley Power Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys GONK Droid (EG-6 Power Droid)

This will be my first HT OT pass. No desire to own in 1/6 at these prices :(

Hot Toys formula is smart.

Release not-as-popular GONK droid (people will buy) + then release most wanted GONK droid (people will buy) = profit

I still can't believe ht is doing the gonk, but as long as they don't get too crazy with the price I will buy because I want to see more stuff like this.

Which is the popular Gonk? I would want the one that Kenner made but I don't think its actually in the movie

Given that it's basically just a giant accessory they will have to add sounds won't they?

I'd also want it to walk (not joking here, Hasbro are putting out a walking toy for RO).

I want Jawa transport Gonk

Like riding luggage?
394609ba42d92198767b7d8331c9f566.png

Given that it's basically just a giant accessory they will have to add sounds won't they?

I'd also want it to walk (not joking here, Hasbro are putting out a walking toy for RO).

:rotfl The disclaimer you throw out there made me laugh pretty hard. I would like my next sixth scale vader to force choke unwanted guests on command

GONK will be at least 150...maybe 175

Looks a little like Tom Cruise. Pass.

;)

:rotfl The disclaimer you throw out there made me laugh pretty hard. I would like my next sixth scale vader to force choke unwanted guests on command

I strongly resent your derision (nah, not really). But is it such a crazy idea? You can buy toys that walk in any poundshop.

I strongly resent your derision (nah, not really). But is it such a crazy idea? You can buy toys that walk in any poundshop.

Please don't take any offense Tom, as none was intended. I was just laughing at the idea of a HT gonk droid walking away from my display. The possibility of making it happen isn't crazy, but personally I don't think there is any chance in hell hot toys will do this. Then again if somebody told me that hot toys would be doing a gonk last week I probably would have called them a fool.

So how long of a waiting period are we looking at? When do these become official release?

So how long of a waiting period are we looking at? When do these become official release?

Last year they showed Boba and Leia at SDCC. Boba went up for pre-order sometime in mid August I think. And Leia in late July, but some figures have taken longer to go up for pre-order so there's no clear rule.

Back