Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure

gee i wonder if ht will complete the set and make tracker....

They undoubtedly will... but with a non-removable helmet. :gah:

The non-removable bios don't bother me, it's the lack of accessories for the price that these guys are that irks me most. Yeah I understand the falcon was only in the move for severall seconds but thats not the point, most of the past Preds came with loads of accessories and while the "super" Preds didn't have many weapons in the movie, HT could have made up for that by including Falconer's falcon and Tracker's Pred hound thing. Either way though, I'll still pick up Falconer and Tracker reguardless.

The non-removable bios don't bother me, it's the lack of accessories for the price that these guys are that irks me most. Yeah I understand the falcon was only in the move for severall seconds but thats not the point, most of the past Preds came with loads of accessories and while the "super" Preds didn't have many weapons in the movie, HT could have made up for that by including Falconer's falcon and Tracker's Pred hound thing.
Or they could nock $60 off the price and make it fair. These guys have no accessories, extremely simple armor and the least amount of parts of any predator releases thus far. Yet prices are close to $200? Makes no sense.

Either way though, I'll still pick up Falconer and Tracker reguardless.
And that's why prices continue to go up while accessories and articulation plummet.

Or they could nock $60 off the price and make it fair. These guys have no accessories, extremely simple armor and the least amount of parts of any predator releases thus far. Yet prices are close to $200? Makes no sense.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

That would be fair and preferred if they're not gonna make more accessories.

And that's why prices continue to go up while accessories and articulation plummet.

Well I really don't have many other options other than not to buy it but I want the figure so... Alas though you are right.

HT is good at what they do and they know it. They're like any other business. If they put out something that looks good and have gotten a lot of love over the years, the MSRP they set will be the maximum amount one would be willing to pay on the primary market. It sucks, but there it is.

HT is good at what they do and they know it. They're like any other business. If they put out something that looks good and have gotten a lot of love over the years, the MSRP they set will be the maximum amount one would be willing to pay on the primary market. It sucks, but there it is.
The price of these figures well exceeds the maximum amount I'm willing to pay. If they redid Berserker's head so it wasn't the most inaccurate Hot Toys figure since the first Joker release, I'd reconsider.

Well, it's not about you. As demonstrated by other members, there are people who'd still buy them... myself included. It sucks, but that's why I'm saying to at least send them an e-mail to express your displeasure. It's a long shot, but it might help. A minute or two of everyone's time is worth saving a $200 figure.

Well, it's not about you. As demonstrated by other members, there are people who'd still buy them... myself included. It sucks, but that's why I'm saying to at least send them an e-mail to express your displeasure. It's a long shot, but it might help. A minute or two of everyone's time is worth saving a $200 figure.
Falconer's up at Toysquare now for $185; no face, no accessories, but costs just as much as Berserker (who was already overpriced). What a joke.

Razor's Edge and Alter have them for cheaper. Or WILL. But I might not buy from them if SS has the exclusive. Grr...

Razor's Edge and Alter have them for cheaper. Or WILL. But I might not buy from them if SS has the exclusive. Grr...
True, but don't they take like 3-6 months longer because they have to wait for sideshow to get them (who takes 3 months to get stock after a figure is released in HK)? We shouldn't have to order from the last place to the food chain to pay last year's prices.

Well, just got my pre-orders in for both Falconer & Royce a few hours ago and I'm hoping the final price on Falconer will go down before the release. I know it's not likely to happen, but maybe there might be some slight changes or additions before Q1 2011. I'm really liking the coloring on the dreads. I'm pretty happy with the Royce headsculpt, but a body swap could be possible, then I would have an extra muscle body for use on somebody else, maybe my Corporal Hicks. Maybe the Falconer bio won't be to securely attatched and one might be able to pry it off? HT could be considered for Sainthood if they included some extra mandibles, much like they have been including extra hand-pegs. The extra hand-pegs were a neccesity if I was going to keep getting HT figs like my Dutch who's wrist-peg broke right out of the box, I was not impressed.

Why is everyone having a problem with the body used for Royce? I haven't seen the film but in the screengrabs I've seen it looks to me he bulked up for the film and HT are using a middle range muscular body not an Arnie sized one.

Why is everyone having a problem with the body used for Royce? I haven't seen the film but in the screengrabs I've seen it looks to me he bulked up for the film and HT are using a middle range muscular body not an Arnie sized one.

I love the Royce figure no complaints here, the Falconer Predator tho...meh.

Back