Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure

In 2009, $165 got you this:
2Predator_Predator.jpg

Now in Q1 2011, you have to pay $195 to get nothing but this:
20100813_e623794899f141e94a685slC8wZWxt7c.jpg

incessant whining... the only letdown here is a lack of the falcon. So he can't take off his bio.. big fuggin' deal he never took it off in the movie anyways! i'll bet everyone who isn't complaing about the falcon or the mask are ticked because theres no plasma cannon.. well he didn't have one either!

and it's not a reapaint... thats just dissmissive. there are plenty of kinks they changed to make this the Falconer

Oh, boy, I hope so. Oh. Well, alright, Sideshow exclusive. I think I'll pick this one up 6 months after when the prices drop. If I can wait that long, dang!

Quite the opposite. 6 months after, the prices go up. They always do. It's the same reason why HT AVP Preds now cost at least $300-$600, when they started out at $130. By 6 months, the figure (and even more likely, the possible exclusive version) will be sold out on the primary market. Get them on PO, or you'll be sorry. If it's not as good as you thought, then you can still sell it. Win-win.

blade thats not always true. lost predator was a fail... they had that guy floating all over the internet until Predators came out thats when everyone who didn;t grab one decided to buy one.

Actually, until the Guardian Predator came out. But Lost was a weirdie. He was the first of the P2 Lost Hunter figures, so people who didn't know him weren't into him. This is one of the three main Preds from this movie, so even though we get less stuff, the general public will eat him up. Same goes for Berserker (definitely) and Tracker. It's not always true, but most of the time. Either way, PO him just in case. You'll at least be able to sell him at the original MSRP and get your money back, if not more.

Me, I'll keep him. Already PO'd Berserker and payed a non-refundable fee, plus I'd really like these three baddies displayed with P1 on the same shelf. Maybe go to PetCo and get some fake moss and rocks.

Last edited:

prices rise… inflation… development costs… leases… taxes… talent… blah blah…

after seeing both the 2009 and 2011 Predators next to one another, it is obvious that we are in for a superior product.

I've learnt my lesson in Hot Toys threads: Admire the sneak peak pics, add a comment or two then leave the thread alone for the whiners & cry babies to ruin it with page after page of crap. Later, I'll admire the full spec and pics, add a few relevant comments discussing the pro's and cons, then leave the thread alone for the whiners & cry babies to ruin it some more with page after page of (now) totally mindless crap. Finally, when the in hand pics surface, i'll add a few more relevant comments commenting on the final product while admiring the photographer's handiwork just before leaving the thread as those previous whiners & cry babies resurface like an unflushable turd and yet again try to drown out the ordinary folk here with their bellyaching...That's how i roll...and i'm not the only one...

yessir! I cant remember the last time a new hot toys product was posted without people nitpicking and whining like crazy over it.

ahhh man falconer looks pretty cool, i wish i was still collecting the HT preds love em so much

Mmmm... this hobby is getting expensive...

This is a pass for me. I don't care if you dont see his face in the movie, this is a high-end 1/6th figure. Mask should be removable & there's no falcon. Why does the mask have a light up LED function if theres no plasma caster?

This is a pass for me. I don't care if you dont see his face in the movie, this is a high-end 1/6th figure. Mask should be removable & there's no falcon. Why does the mask have a light up LED function if theres no plasma caster?

He has led feature because maybe with the exclusive they will add a slyingshot for him to use. :pray: Jk. The entire thing started from the movie being a joke interms of charactor development. They rushed the Predators

Reminds me of a Shredder/Leonardo Hybrid. Ill get him anyway.

I don't intend to.

I'm actually not bothered by the lack of face; it's not in the movie and I imagine very few people would display him without the mask for that reason even if they could. What bothers me, and what should bother everyone who was considering this figure, is that Hot Toys is not passing the savings on to their customers. They're testing to see how many Predator collectors are fanatic enough to fork over nearly $200 for a repaint that's not only lacking on features and accessories, but is actually a significant downgrade from the figure it's repainted from.

I wholeheartedly agree with this one. I'm really very disappointed with HT. I can actually overlook past the non-removable mask and lack of the falcon, but to ask us to for over an exact same price as Berserker for decidedly so much less value for money is just plain wrong. In fact, if t weren't for the price, I'm sure this figure wouldn't get as much flak as it does now.

As for the light-up feature, it can easily be speculated in-universe. It could be that biomasks have the full features even if individual Preds can pick their own weapons, such as opting not to use shoulder cannons, etc.

Last edited:

No face, no falcon, no price reduction, NO SALE.

If there were a removable mask, just as many people would be crying that it's not movie accurate.

If you think this figure is a high price now, why don't you wait until it comes down in price during the sales.

Oh by the way, good luck on that. :lol

If there were a removable mask, just as many people would be crying that it's not movie accurate.

I doubt. We didn't hear any flak when HT made that treatment with the AVP Preds. There were also those who made photoshops of Berserker sporting the Falconer and Tracker colors, and everyone was ok with it if both turned out that way. Besides, you still have the option to display it with the mask on. I really wished HT gave us that much choice.

Anyone stop and think that HT had to leave the mask on per the licensee? Maybe they were not aloud to do a mask-less head for both Falconer and Tracker...

you think it would be the same as AVP then.
If In that movie they never showed there faces and Hot toys still made faces, why should this movie be any diffent for there figures?

Back