Hot Toys Elite Praetorian Guards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so three of my four choices for Farce Friday have now been revealed. I assume Rey will be next.

I have no inclination to buy these red dudes. I only sort of like the square hat guy. But if they are just background like the Red Guards, then its a pass-a-roo!

Of course if the black leather underneath is hinting that these guys are actually the Knights of Ren usurped by Snoke, then that changes things.

I have a feeling that the Knights of Ren will be the new "Guards" for Eps. 9. Either that or, as per your suggestion, these are the KoR.

Of course if the black leather underneath is hinting that these guys are actually the Knights of Ren usurped by Snoke, then that changes things.

I never even thought of that, that would be very cool. In the sizzle behind the scenes footage, it showed Daisy practicing fight choreography against multiple foes. I'm thinking, if these are the Knights, the FO invades the Resistance base, finds the map to Luke, and Kylo and these dudes confront them on the island.

We might end up with only one variant. Remember we only got one Shoretrooper even though three were revealed.

I'm like 90% sure these guys are not the KoR. There's...spoilery things that suggest they are not. But if they end up being them, cool.

We might end up with only one variant. Remember we only got one Shoretrooper even though three were revealed.

Exactly what I am thinking. However, the difference in this case is their different helmets and weapons vs different paint job and slightly different costumes. I think it will be easier this time for HTs to make all 3 vs all 3 shoretroopers.

The Hot Toys versions have finally sold me on the design.

Whether it's the photography or actual paint, the red is darker in their pictures. Much closer to the Royal Guard.

The other toys, ANOVOS helmet, movie stills, etc. all show a brighter and plainer red that makes them look cheap and toyetic.

The deeper and richer red makes the designs look less ridiculous.

This design has definitely grown on me the more I've seen it. I ordered all the SHF versions, and now I'm thinking of possibly getting one of these.

I may do one Emperor's Royal Guard and one Praetorian Guard for variety. As long as funds allow it.

What are the odds they make one with all the weapons variants and we just have to buy a multiples of the same one?

What are the odds they make one with all the weapons variants and we just have to buy a multiples of the same one?

There's three different helmets too. So I'd say zero chance.

Now if you ask why don't they include all the helmets... then may I direct your attention to Endor Luke.

Worst looking design in Star Wars history.

Agree. Lobsters.

Looks like Kylo has made an alliance with Tim Burton's Red Queen.

bd616789c53cf24a4eb528e57e7fdbf1--alice-in-wonderland-costume-wonderland-party.jpg

Better wait for the Emperor and 2 red Imperial Royal Guards set :pfft:. I will never touch those lobsters.

Back