Hot Toys Elite Praetorian Guards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes sense. Also, I'm pretty convinced the Praetorian Guards are droids ala Death Troopers, or maybe just controlled by Snoke.

Is that in RO or more a visual guide type thing?

That makes sense. Also, I'm pretty convinced the Praetorian Guards are droids ala Death Troopers, or maybe just controlled by Snoke.

Where did you read it? Death Troopers wasn't droids, but enhanced humans. Source - RO The Ultimate Visual Guide

Death Troopers were human; candidates drawn from the Stormtrooper Corps that excelled in combat and were taller and more physically fit than average. They were surgically enhanced and cybernetically augmented.

Yet beside super cool looking in the R1 movie, their cybernetic enhancement didnt help much for the aiming though :lol.

Not sure if this is a new pic or not...

000263250hr.jpg

CainHelmet-product.jpg
Robocop-2-Cain-Collectible-Replica-002-928x200.jpg

Sad they didn't make the Praetorians look more like the Praetorian guard of the Roman Empire, that would make a nice looking armor and another fun reference to history. Current design remind me too much of lobsters like others have pointed out. Why did they not try out another color scheme now when they had the chance to give us something new? Too much reinvention from OT. Bigger ships, bigger everything and I wouldn't even be surprised if they showed us Death Star III in the sequel bigger than Starkiller base in Episode VII.

Although you could argue that the arm guards looks alot like Manica(Roman arm guards). Change the helmet, weapons, colours and give em a purple/black cloak with the Imperial insignia or something like that

Sad they didn't make the Praetorians look more like the Praetorian guard of the Roman Empire, that would make a nice looking armor and another fun reference to history. Current design remind me too much of lobsters like others have pointed out. Why did they not try out another color scheme now when they had the chance to give us something new? Too much reinvention from OT. Bigger ships, bigger everything and I wouldn't even be surprised if they showed us Death Star III in the sequel bigger than Starkiller base in Episode VII.

Although you could argue that the arm guards looks alot like Manica(Roman arm guards). Change the helmet, weapons, colours and give em a purple/black cloak with the Imperial insignia or something like that

Cool idea.:clap

And re: OT reinvention, maybe soon it'll be a Death Star the size of a galaxy.... the DEATH GALAXY.:lol

"The ability to destroy the universe is insignificant next to the power of the... wait... we can destroy the UNIVERSE?!":horror

These red guys look weird. And I'm still waiting for the OT Royal Guards first.

Same here, these guys don't look SW to me but maybe they'll be great in the movie who knows? Give me the Royal Guards please!

Cool idea.:clap

And re: OT reinvention, maybe soon it'll be a Death Star the size of a galaxy.... the DEATH GALAXY.:lol

"The ability to destroy the universe is insignificant next to the power of the... wait... we can destroy the UNIVERSE?!":horror

That wouldn't fit on a film. But they can do a Death Star the size of Jupiter or a Hypergiant Star :p

2000px-Sun_and_VY_Canis_Majoris.svg.jpg

I have a feeling they will be the highlight of the film and people will go nuts trying to order them.

I don't plan on picking up them up but if they end up being cool characters, I could see myself getting just one to represent the film. Just not interested in picking up much outside of the OT, especially after TFA.

I was going to say Draculas armor (Coppola version) but I guess a lobster also works.

Oh thank God, it's not just me. The leaked images of the Mk. 48 Iron Man also reminds me of that Dracula armor. That design coming back in a big way, apparently.

ecce7926f4f1a06b75048e989aa4ad51--suit-of-armor-vampires.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dracula's armor doesn't have the same look to me, that armor looks like it was inspired by a skinned body with bloody muscles, very cool and creepy. This looks like armor inspired by a Rumba costume.
SW TLJ Praetorian Guard Rumba Costume 001.jpg

I have a feeling they will be the highlight of the film and people will go nuts trying to order them.

I don't plan on picking up them up but if they end up being cool characters, I could see myself getting just one to represent the film. Just not interested in picking up much outside of the OT, especially after TFA.

Did you get out of town OK?

Back