Hot Toys Dynamic figure stand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way overdue. Good stuff.

Very similar to Enterbay's Jordan stands right ?

Hmm, was hoping these would be clear. Would love some with a clear base and rod with claw. Maybe one day!

$28 on Sideshow.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...gure Stand&utm_campaign=Accessories and Books

Just a bit of warning to those who want to buy one. The base cover included is just a thin cardboard piece. Been reported that it tears due to the way it's inserted into the base.

1474560_10202993720390343_1927906008_n.jpg

$28 on Sideshow.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...gure Stand&utm_campaign=Accessories and Books

Just a bit of warning to those who want to buy one. The base cover included is just a thin cardboard piece. Been reported that it tears due to the way it's inserted into the base.

1474560_10202993720390343_1927906008_n.jpg

That's a big disappointment, the photos made it look like a plastic overlay. But since there are reports of that problem, is it already on the market? Sideshow says they aren't available until Feb. 2014.

When it comes to the one sixth scale market, no one can beat Hot Toys in regards to designing the most ugly bases possible. I'm really not sure what they have ever been going for with these bases.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Enterbay beat them, since this design was being used on their NBA figures before these were ever solicited.:lol

When it comes to the one sixth scale market, no one can beat Hot Toys in regards to designing the most ugly bases possible. I'm really not sure what they have ever been going for with these bases.

Except for every DX, their standard bases, the Iron Man bases - and pretty much everything else.

This base has some problems, but to say HT makes ugly bases overall isn't a reasonable statement.

From SSC's item listing:

"Featuring a velvet covered base and double sided patterened cover, and a flexible pillar that is ideal for showcasing figures in mid-ar and flying poses."

So there's a velvet cover underneath the top paper cover? Or could that mean the velvet is on the bottom as to not scratch any glass shelves.

It's a re-cycled IM1 Mech Test Tony base with a flexible support.

It's an easy buck. If it helps them shave the price of some other stuff, good for them.

Has anyone ordered these from sideshow? I was getting ready to buy 2, but when I added them to my cart the shipping doubled. Does sideshow not combine shipping, particularly on smaller items like these stands? I could understand double shipping if it's a couple figures, but even those are only 10 bucks each to ship. The shipping for 2 of these stands was 22.20. Seems crazy to me. I guess I'll look for something else. Oh, and they wouldn't ship very far either I'm only a few states away from California.

Cancelled my order from SS as they were gonna charge me $49 for shipping. Abit steep if you ask me! !!

Bri

Back