1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Well they have to strike while the iron is....wait...can't use that one....

I have the DX02, DX12, and the armory, but I'm still all in on this one. Better set of sculpts, PERS, and a new body. Hopefully, the sonar head that doesn't look like the DX02 giraffe. I say "hopefully" because all of the other accessories are from the DX02 or DX12, including the stand.

It's hard to tell for sure, but based on the photo of him holding the EMP gun, the articulation looks much better.

I can live with the fact that they still don't know how to make a decent cape, so I'll just either reuse one I already have, or get a new one. That said, I am a bit concerned that the Bruce Wayne sculpt paint and paint will be different when this goes into production.

I'd really like to see them redo the scarecrow with an unmasked Cillian Murphy.

The armory version was my first Hot Toy, and my first high end collectible, all the way back in July 2015. I’m definitely getting this as my final 1/6 figure when it comes out (since I’ve moved on to statue collecting). The beginning and end. It’s gonna be a long wait though!

If they’re going to throw DC/Batman Collectors a bone, how about something that’s actually new?

This is the 3rd release of the Batpod, no improvements. This is the 6th version of this Batman, no improvements.

I don’t think anybody has mentioned this, but the Batman head is just a shrunken down version of the Quarter Scale figure, mouthplates and all. It’s like what those bootleg sellers on eBay have been selling. The base is reused, the boots, hands, belt, weapons and accessories are reused, nothing about it is new.

Atleast when the DX 12, 1/4 and Armory figures came out, a new technique was implemented for the suit. Gone was the two piece rubber costume. It was fresh and new. This and the Batpod are just treading old territory. They could have fixed the ugly elbow guards or give him a better cape, but nope, same reused parts.

Now we know it’s open season. Bet they do another Begins suit Batman and Ledger Joker too which will be modified DX 11 / Quarter Scale hybrids.

I think it's time to hang it up for me. There's no point in being a collector if they're just going to re-release everything every few years. In essence here's whatever heavily flawed and lazy version we can put out now but we'll hook them years later with a better version.

This is the 3rd release of the Batpod, no improvements. This is the 6th version of this Batman, no improvements.

The batpod looks to me to be identical to the last release, but this new cowl sculpt has PERS, so that's a bit different. Hoping they fixed the neck on the sonar head.

I don?t think anybody has mentioned this, but the Batman head is just a shrunken down version of the Quarter Scale figure, mouthplates and all. It?s like what those bootleg sellers on eBay have been selling. The base is reused, the boots, hands, belt, weapons and accessories are reused, nothing about it is new.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I really like the QS001 bruce wayne sculpt, so the fact that they are using it in 1/6 is good news to me. I don't necessarily think it's really a DKR version, but I'd use it in a DK setup. That said, I'll probably have it repainted.

E32435A3-5CA8-4EE9-8AA6-4986688CA8C6.jpeg
954A2CE3-5013-447B-90DB-9B38F84CF190.jpeg
FF9E5920-3788-4D69-9FB7-B72FF565DB9C.jpeg

I'm hoping this means a new Ledger Joker, I missed out on the others.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If they?re going to throw DC/Batman Collectors a bone, how about something that?s actually new?

I don?t think anybody has mentioned this, but the Batman head is just a shrunken down version of the Quarter Scale figure, mouthplates and all. It?s like what those bootleg sellers on eBay have been selling. The base is reused, the boots, hands, belt, weapons and accessories are reused, nothing about it is new.

Atleast when the DX 12, 1/4 and Armory figures came out, a new technique was implemented for the suit. Gone was the two piece rubber costume. It was fresh and new. This and the Batpod are just treading old territory. They could have fixed the ugly elbow guards or give him a better cape, but nope, same reused parts.

Now we know it?s open season. Bet they do another Begins suit Batman and Ledger Joker too which will be modified DX 11 / Quarter Scale hybrids.

the release is expected in a year and a half, they have a lot of time to make the changes.
the new body will be 32 cm height, so, many of the costume components will have to redo.
the photos are of the prototype, the final product will be different and better. I hope....

Yep. May as well put out at least one other TDK Joker. They’ve only done three of those not including the two Bank Robber versions. And lord knows there just aren’t enough custom and third party Joker options out there.

I think it's time to hang it up for me. There's no point in being a collector if they're just going to re-release everything every few years. In essence here's whatever heavily flawed and lazy version we can put out now but we'll hook them years later with a better version.

If the reason you're collecting is for the ability to say HAHA I GOT ONE YOU DON'T, probably for the best to leave, mate.

These aren't editions. They're not numbered, they don't have a 1/2000. Hot Toys also don't care about after market prices and if a new release drives it up or down, because they've already sold the item, they got their money.

Not to mention this is newly sculpted, so it's not a reissue using the same parts at all, it's a new release.

Scalpers and zealots go wah wah.

Not to mention this is newly sculpted, so it's not a reissue using the same parts at all, it's a new release

This thing is like 96% reuse. :lol

If the reason you're collecting is for the ability to say HAHA I GOT ONE YOU DON'T, probably for the best to leave, mate.

These aren't editions. They're not numbered, they don't have a 1/2000. Hot Toys also don't care about after market prices and if a new release drives it up or down, because they've already sold the item, they got their money.

Not to mention this is newly sculpted, so it's not a reissue using the same parts at all, it's a new release.

Agreed :)

Looks good and am always happy for folks to be able to pick something up that they missed out on before. I only hope that they put out a new Bane but not holding my breath on that. I wonder how the lack of new movies this year affected them in terms of releases? This seems out of left field a bit.

:lol :lol :lol

And a new Uncle Bob or Tech Noir T-800 while they're at it.

Sounds like you kinda did look back.

I must say though, seeing this has triggered something. I don't know what. Definitely nostalgia for those better times with Hot Toys.

In a way I did, but never actually acted on those feelings. Just dark times man. I did miss them though, specially my Bat-collection.

And you hit the nail in the head, this is a reminder of simpler, and in a way, better times for a lot of things.

I think you completely misread his / her point. They were not saying they were bummed about the price of their collectible going down. They were saying that they are disappointed that everything we buy seems to be made inferior than it could be just so the company can re-release the same figure with updates years down the road to dip again into our pockets. Whatever your feelins on this other argument, I can understand because Hot Toys has indeed shown so many times they purposely release a lesser figure despite being able to make it better with their eyes on a re-release.

I think you completely misread his / her point. They were not saying they were bummed about the price of their collectible going down. They were saying that they are disappointed that everything we buy seems to be made inferior than it could be just so the company can re-release the same figure with updates years down the road to dip again into our pockets. Whatever your feelins on this other argument, I can understand because Hot Toys has indeed shown so many times they purposely release a lesser figure despite being able to make it better with their eyes on a re-release.

Every single toy manufacturer in the history of planet earth does this at some point. Should not be a surprise.

I'd argue that I think Hot Toys does the best they can with what they have. Sometimes improvements in technology or skilled workers can make something a reality. I can't think of a single figure in my 40+ collection that, when bought and displayed, made me think they could have done better. If I had, I wouldn't be collecting these things any longer. They're expensive, and people have the right to be disappointed. If you think the company you're giving your money to isn't delivering on the money you gave them, then stop supporting them.

Back