1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

128526239_3758064557591166_6239151366774113831_o.jpg

I dunno the bale sculpt kinda sucks. Feel like the old one is better.

Nah, I believe they just release this to hold on to the DC license.

I don't think there's a stipulation in the licensing agreement that says they have to release X number of figures to uphold said license.

And even if that were the case, they've been continuing to release enough DC CosBabies and CosRiders and thing to fulfill that, including Nolan ones.

Nah, I believe they just release this to hold on to the DC license.

That's possible. They may also have a new employee who has experience with vehicles, or they're just wanting to get back into smaller vehicles again.

I'm just thinking Mandalorian Speeder Bike, Swoop Bike, now this.

Or they are simply anticipating the Batman nostalgia coming down the line with the upcoming Flash Movie. Calling Keaton Batman next.

Wouldn't be a bad lineup. Keaton, Bale and Batfleck,

Aren't the gloves on this still inaccurate? Overall it looks baggy as well. Weird.

129117958_10157669357567344_1532060896373617244_o.jpg
107076411_1558498377661170_7442670367008750816_o.jpg

Hmm, so is this a re-release or a 3.0?

It's a mix of both... mostly reuse.

Different things:
Pants
Wayne
Sonar Cowl
Maybe Cowl and mouthplates (have to see side-by-sides)
Maybe gloves (still has inaccurate TDK cuffs though)

Last edited:

The suit itself looks 90% reuse of what we already have. Pants are a bit different... so this is like the third time they issued this body.

I'm curious if they're thinking of releasing that TDKR bat armory though.

Pretty lazy overall.. at least Two-Face was a complete remake.

This release is to shut us up.

HERE YOU GO, A BATMAN.

I wouldn't mind an updated Bane tho.
I mentioned the same earlier. He def needs a 2.0 with switch-out fixed elbow arms sort of like the Thanos figures have to get the jacket/vest holding pose.

I dunno the bale sculpt kinda sucks. Feel like the old one is better.
I actually think the new Bale sculpt is the one really good looking thing on this release despite it not being accurate to TDKR.
I don't think there's a stipulation in the licensing agreement that says they have to release X number of figures to uphold said license.

And even if that were the case, they've been continuing to release enough DC CosBabies and CosRiders and thing to fulfill that, including Nolan ones.
Licensing doesn't work like that for these though. It's not like they have an overall DC License to produce whatever they want. They have specific licenses for specific scales and types of collectibles. So just b/c they make CosBabies, it doesn't mean they'll still hold the license for 1/6 or 1/4 or whatever they might make.

For example: Star Ace holds the 1/6 license for Harry Potter, but HT got the 1/6 license for Fantastic Beasts 2. If you notice, only HT made figures from that film in 1/6 scale whereas Star Ace could only make figures in their 1/8 line for the same film. So this very well could be them trying to hold onto the TDKR license in the event that it would/could have expired otherwise.

It's very easy to see that HT let many of their old licenses expire and other companies have picked them up i.e. Godfather, James Dean, Assassins' Creed etc. I'm pretty sure Nolan verse is one they definitely don't want to let go b/c it's easy money for them.

Aren't the gloves on this still inaccurate? Overall it looks baggy as well. Weird.

Gloves are still wrong. In TDKR he had them tucked into his gauntlets. The cuffs stuck out in TDK.
Shoulder pads are still 1 piece instead of 2 like they should be.
Cape is still wrong. If they aren't going to go the velvety type look, they should at least make it the same, heavy weight material as the Darth Vader cape.
Bale sculpt is too young for TDKR. Looks more TDK or even BB with TDK hair sculpt.
And yup, I said it earlier as well about the suit. Looks very baggy which is really ironic considering they specifically mention using "a newly designed body with a wider range of articulation highlighting Batman's strong and muscular form"

Last edited:

So a fourth version of a Nolan Bats including a Wayne sculpt that is a step backwards with a reused stand costing almost three bills with tax and shipping that is scheduled to come out a year and a half from now. Thanks HT.

Even more ridiculous, it's the fifth of this suit.

MMS71
DX02
DX12
Armory
This

I would've preferred a standard Batman 89. Money saved I guess.

Is it really an upgrade from the Armory version or this just looks different?

Man Im all for this.
It could definitely use some improvements but the cowl looks great & im excited to see them goin back to the batman franchise.
Hopefully it wont be that long before its released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one hand, I don't have a BaleBat. Thing is, it's a slippery slope to think like that and you end up with characters you just "like" and also multiples. Who's to say I won't like Battinson more? On the other hand, I'm also not big enough of a Batfan to get this at the expense of other figures; it's not like I'm made of money. Until further notice, I'll pass on this. However, I do hope that they'll do a re-release of Ledger Joker too, as I missed the boat back then. I'm not a huge Jokerfan either, but he's a classic and want him on my shelf. I wonder if they'll ever do a Phoenix Joker.

Wow, Q2 Q3 2022. Least I have some time. Will let me see if they do end up with a new joker because then I?ll buy this for sure.

Same ****** shoulder pads, loose suit and recycled stand + BW sculpt?
No thank you.

Cool hockey player. Which team is he?

This release is to shut us up.

HERE YOU GO, A BATMAN.

LOL I thought the exact same thing!

I have the armory batman and tdkr batpod already (agreed this this is super flimsy dont recommend ordering).

Back