Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like they way they're doing it now. Speeder is the only thing I don't care about.

Seeing as SIdeshow’s (more iconic) ROTJ speeder is over $300, I don’t find a $120 Maul Speeder with LED effects to be a bad deal. The regular figure comes with so much, it was easy to just go all in at that price, for me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure it’s not a bad deal, however spending another 120 dollars for an obscure speeder in one scene doesn’t appeal much to me.

If DX is an option always buy the DX. In 2 or 3 years the same type of people who are crying about the price of DX07 will be crying about this.

If DX is an option always buy the DX. In 2 or 3 years the same type of people who are crying about the price of DX07 will be crying about this.

Think this just convinced me to go with the speeder version.

Wonder if the speeder will fit inside a detolf?

DX-07 was only available as a DX. Had there been a standard version there wouldn’t be the same price issue.

Yes but it probably still doesn't matter. Most of the DX releases carry a hefty premium once sold out. If you are absolutely sure you only want the figure then buy the regular I guess but the DX is what will cost big money in the end.

Yes but it probably still doesn't matter. Most of the DX releases carry a hefty premium once sold out. If you are absolutely sure you only want the figure then buy the regular I guess but the DX is what will cost big money in the end.

Only this time both available versions are called "DX": one with speeder, one without.
There is no "standard" version for this release.

But I guess you mean the version with speeder.

Only this time both available versions are called "DX": one with speeder, one without.
There is no "standard" version for this release.

But I guess you mean the version with speeder.

Didn't know both had the DX tag, seems strange. But yeah the speeder version was what I was referring to.

I actually just broke down and ordered this today, with the speeder. I don’t want to pay aftermarket if it sells out, which doesn’t happen lately, but could if the speeder is awesome. I did a flex pay and used rewards, so $40 a month won’t hurt too much.
Now, let’s go ht, I’m getting bored. I know they don’t celebrate anniversaries or special milestones, but give us 2 good preorders for May 4 (bespin Han and lando).

I actually just broke down and ordered this today, with the speeder. I don’t want to pay aftermarket if it sells out, which doesn’t happen lately, but could if the speeder is awesome. I did a flex pay and used rewards, so $40 a month won’t hurt too much.
Now, let’s go ht, I’m getting bored. I know they don’t celebrate anniversaries or special milestones, but give us 2 good preorders for May 4 (bespin Han and lando).

Yeah I was just wondering what they will come out with this week. Tuesday is normally something. But not today. I'm so waiting on Bespin Lando !

SDCC would be a good place for Grievous and Mace. Hopefully they put Jango and the Airborne up from last year’s SDCC before we get to July.

That would be great news! I wonder how PT sales have been compared to the OT.

I hope Cody sells well and they see the market for Clones. Bring on all the commanders Hot Toys.

I broke my OT only rule recently when I pre ordered Maul (regular version). Maul has a huge presence in any collection and I love the DX line. Also have my eye on Dooku but will wait for production images before I decide.

Back