Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, normally i would go deluxe, but the speeder isn’t in the most memorable of scenes. It’s all about the battle on Naboo.

It’s literally in the movie for about 10 seconds.

It’d be different if it kept cutting to him riding around Tatooine doing Sithy activities. :lol

It’s literally in the movie for about 10 seconds.

It’d be different if it kept cutting to him riding around Tatooine doing Sithy activities. :lol

Or if he was in the podracing scene. :lol “Uh oh, folks! A mysterious angry black-clad sith-looking dude has entered the rescue. Watch out, Ani!”

I still haven't decided between deluxe and standard on this. I usually go deluxe, just to have the extra options, but I don't know if I'd ever use the speeder, and it's not nearly as iconic as something like the Emperor's throne.

Yeah, I have the Speeder on preorder but I'm not nearly as married to it as other releases. Same deal where basically any accessory is worth it to just buy and then if you need to sell in the future it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there's some SSC Maul owners who want the speeder.

I have $11 rewards at SS HT I don’t think it will go far with 20+ shipping. Decided with BbTs for $4. Problem I’d preorder sold out. So I have to wait

The fact that HT doesn't do many 1/6 vehicles is reason enough to get one when you have the chance. Especially an HT Star Wars vehicle.

Right. And can you imagine someone who’s great at posing, having him do a flip off the speeder onto Qui-Gon? I know, not iconic. But you can’t deny that’d be an awesome display for action figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting this one, but no speeder. 1:1 price for Emperor's 1:6 sized chair was one thing, the price for Maul's much less iconic speeder is comical. This coming from someone who also collects antique Japanese swords.

Getting this one, but no speeder. 1:1 price for Emperor's 1:6 sized chair was one thing, the price for Maul's much less iconic speeder is comical. This coming from someone who also collects antique Japanese swords.

Seeing as SIdeshow’s (more iconic) ROTJ speeder is over $300, I don’t find a $120 Maul Speeder with LED effects to be a bad deal. The regular figure comes with so much, it was easy to just go all in at that price, for me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I poed the speeder bike version and will try to create that jumping scene to enrage with Qui Gon.

I have XM statue 1/4 DM in similar pose which is just absolutely fantastic.
ha6gJp.jpg

This pose with the sreaming face if they improve it. Other wise it will look weird

Oh I really hope they do something to change that sculpt.

Knowing our luck, Disney licensing will be gun-shy after the backlash on Obi-Wan proto to series changes and leave the Maul scream sculpt as it is. Ugh !

Knowing our luck, Disney licensing will be gun-shy after the backlash on Obi-Wan proto to series changes and leave the Maul scream sculpt as it is. Ugh !

lol Disney does not care what anyone here thinks.

I’m not to concerned with that sculpt as I know it will remain in the box :)

Second HS should be included exclusively in the DX speeder bike version. The regular version should stay as just regular and no DX.

By doing this will defitenly cut down the cost of normal version, while make the DX Deluxe version much more valuable and desirable to collectors due to the Sith bike and second scuplt.

Back