Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread next week when a slew of us finally get this figure.

tumblr_n6ct8hZ1Su1qg9n5vo1_500.jpg

It wouldn’t have seemed so long if the gap between HK release and US hadn’t spanned about 4 months, it got to the point of feeling like we’d never get it and missed the party.

A quick shot I took last night. Even with a potato phone, he looks great!
Just switched his hands and threw him into a pose, no futzing. Excited to fiddle with him more when I get home tonight...and give the detolfs a good dusting lol
20180517_223616~2.jpg

Placed my order also 5/16/17.... long course.

Shipped. Flat Rate. I can't even believe I'm/we are getting this shipped for only $270 from BBTS. To me, this DX is a $350 fig.

BTW, I was watching DMTNT on Netflix and I don't mind that hat so much, it was kinda squashed. May get another non diaper version down the line, we'll see...

I really want to see DMTNT again. Been waiting for the 3D blu ray. I think I may buy the UK 3D since Disney refuses to release the US equivalent.

I have about 10 days to get it before Jack arrives.

Wonder if DX06 prices will continue to fall once alot more folks secure this new vesion

DX06 still has the wheel. I'm still on the fence with this new Jack. I don't really want two Jack's in my collection and I don't want to sell my DX06. In the end I might fold and have DX15 as my one and only 1/6 figure for 2018

I have a full set of DX06 hands for my Jack, mine is probably going to be something of an in between Pirates 4 and 5, I think the trinkets went overboard in 5, and I’m not crazy about the hand tats from 5, and then my hat is modeled after Curse, but his Pirates 5 hat was probably closest overall to the Curse hat in the sequels.

The hands are only accurate to their respective films due to the difference between the rings, tattoos and the bandage/wrap.

Truth. But I’ve only seen the first two movies so film accuracy isn’t a priority of mine. Some of the Dx06 hands are just more expressive and better represent my memory of the iconic character.

Truth. But I’ve only seen the first two movies so film accuracy isn’t a priority of mine. Some of the Dx06 hands are just more expressive and better represent my memory of the iconic character.

Agreed. The DX15 has a major lack of hands - weird how crucial they are to the character.

Thought I show I fixed up my jack to be more screen accurate tried my best so far I'm good with this.20180520_104641.jpg

Back