Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just wondered which like best out of both DX'S which like best ??? The hat looks more flat in rerelease only gripe i have. I went ahead bought the new dx box from monkey depot because could never find decent price on 1st DX jack box but love the box design and displaying my figure's with the box.

^this is easily the better one. Although a lot of people seem to prefer the old hat. I think the old ones a bit too big and this a bit too small, would love a 3rd party more accurate one.

And dang, of course BBTS charges me for another one of my items today... 1 business day after Jack and a couple other things shipped. Had the 10 day notice still been in effect I would have waited :lol

Hey everyone! Fellow collector from Argentina here who just collects PotC figures for now. I've been reading these forums since probably 2011 but never actually participated til now! Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of this beauty. I'm so blown away by the fact that there are separate painted hairs in the moustache and eyebrows! I can barely stand to look at the DX06 facesculpts now tbh hahaha. Truly a piece of art.

IMG_20180512_110328.jpg
IMG_20180512_114816.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180509163740103_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180509170715338_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180512125650913_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180510011042449_COVER.jpg

Well i guess hopefully we can just put new headsculpt on jack with old dx top head piece. I 'll see in another month after pay off my hellboy cant wait for both. I think one great fun is adding all the extra pirate treasure goody's into the display many have done with the dx that look amazing on display. Congrat's to all ship's arriving soon.:duff Get the rum ready ha ha...

WOW! Great first post userguido!

I can't believe that HT put blood vessels in the whites of his eyes. This figure is so off-the-charts its not even funny. Got to be this year's Figure of the Year.

Great news for me -- my fig is arriving Fri rather than Sat! One day early... but I always miss the guy on Saturdays so I would have had to wait until Monday.

Well my final flexpay was processed last week and Jack is on the way! lol

Estimated to be here Friday!

My Jack apparently doesn't want to come to me :( it arrived in MA yesterday at 6am, just got updated a few minutes ago that it traveled to CT, why is it going south to then come back up north, guess that's what $4 shipping gets.

My Jack apparently doesn't want to come to me :( it arrived in MA yesterday at 6am, just got updated a few minutes ago that it traveled to CT, why is it going south to then come back up north, guess that's what $4 shipping gets.

Oh no... you have no manner of luck at all

(Not rubbing it in, hopefully you recognize that line)

Strangely, I just received my Sparrow that was scheduled for Saturday... then Friday... then today! I've never received a BBTS shipment in 4 days!

Yes, I've looked. And this figure is everything that everybody has been saying about it. Incredible little Depp trapped inside a golden box. I've forgotten how wonderful the DX boxes are to open.

I freed him, he leaped up on a table, crossed his legs, waved his hat and said: Where's the rum at, mate?

Strangely, I just received my Sparrow that was scheduled for Saturday... then Friday... then today! I've never received a BBTS shipment in 4 days!

Yes, I've looked. And this figure is everything that everybody has been saying about it. Incredible little Depp trapped inside a golden box. I've forgotten how wonderful the DX boxes are to open.

I freed him, he leaped up on a table, crossed his legs, waved his hat and said: Where's the rum at, mate?

Of course I get the reference, Curse quote after the cannonball smashes through the jail freeing everyone but Jack. Presumably he’ll still come tomorrow, though for some reason, once USPS took over in MA, delivery was updated to 5/30 which can’t be right, I could drive there in under 2 hours, and extra week to deliver would be ludicrous, I was just hopeful for early delivery today if he was already in state on Monday morning.

Just crossing fingers for no QC issues with the faces, most else is fixable at home by portrait issues aren’t and would mean waiting again like when I got a bad smirk head with DX06. Hopefully if I do have an issue, BBTS will only need the bad part back, Sideshow always wanted me to return whole figures, which is why I just bought a smirk face on eBay so I could at least enjoy him with the serious head while I waited.

My pile of loot with it shipped FedEX ground $4 dollars.

Fingers crossed for you, Maulfan!

Meantime...

Fresh from his prison box and a bit angry because I have no rum...

Jack 1.jpgJack 2.jpg

Jack 3.jpg

No futzing clearly -- that baby is case fresh right there. I did flare out the boot "folds" though as they were all twisted and flattened.

AWESOME!!!! I know how much you've been looking forward to receiving him! Enjoy!

Thanks! He's glorious!

There's so much stuff, I have no idea where to look to make sure he isn't missing anything -- buttons, bobbles, etc. Faces look fine to me -- but my camera can't take sharp close-up pics since I dropped it. But in hand, the faces look truly sensational. Even Johnny Depp must have this figure for himself. It's just too good.

I do like the stern face better than the smirk, but the smirk face in hand is much better than I had anticipated.

Last edited:
First time I’ve seen the fur have a mix of color, a lot of prior photos, and maybe the actual furs, looked one tone and almost white only, was considering buying the DX06 fur off eBay.

Furry thing has some color to it like in the picture. Never really liked that thing -- takes up so much room. Croc belt isn't so bad in hand, but I still think I'll remove it.

There's so much here -- definitely a full afternoon of futzing to get it all laying right. With the holiday weekend coming up I have no idea when I can get to him.

Going to have to "gray" the coat and will be following your lead, Maulfan.

Congrats WG, and hang in there maulfan!

Mine is in San Bernardino last I checked and there has never been a scheduled delivery date, it's like following a bouncing ball. :lol

Furry thing has some color to it like in the picture. Never really liked that thing -- takes up so much room. Croc belt isn't so bad in hand, but I still think I'll remove it.

There's so much here -- definitely a full afternoon of futzing to get it all laying right. With the holiday weekend coming up I have no idea when I can get to him.

Going to have to "gray" the coat and will be following your lead, Maulfan.

The fuax fur is a bit oversized, but, I like the realism of it over the sculpted ones from the MMS figures, and it stays on where those used to pop off on me all the time.

Jack is a time commitment for proper futzing, thankfully I'm excluding a number of Pirates 5 specific elements so it'll take less time, I'm just eager to see my coat and hat on him to see if it really comes together the way I hope.

Back