Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats WG, and hang in there maulfan!

Thanks, you too!

And yep, rooting for Maulfan here. It means so much. I can't wait to hear his review...

Incidentally, I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but on first viewing seems like the boots could stand a wee bit of cotton around the ankles. The articulation is good but the ankles are very narrow. My boots are riding high as you can see so maybe I just need to pull them down a bit so the material bunches up around the ankle.

Much to do, much to do.... :panic:

So, important question as I know you were concerned about it from early pics, what's your final opinion on the pants?

So, important question as I know you were concerned about it from early pics, what's your final opinion on the pants?

Colorwise? They are brown... no two ways about it. :lol

He's very dark brown overall -- brown coat, brown boots, brown pants. At least the last DX had lighter boots. This one is very dark. I like it, like the darker boots actually. This was always my problem with keeping the hat and coat on -- gets very brown.

The boots were much darker in this movie, so they are accurate.

Based on pics, I like the DX15 pants over DX06, the DX06 almost look like you just walked out the store with them, looking back at some of my old photos, they just look too new, these ones look worn and used and more fitting to the overall outfit.

Oh how I wish you still had your DX so you could do a side-by-side comparison.

I'll have to put that on my agenda... a side-by-side DX15 dance-off with DX06... the new standard vs. the old bestest.

Congrats Wor! Happy to see you so excited about his arrival.

Now post more pics!

Thanks!

I took a bunch but they're all unfutzed. I need to schedule time to futz this beast. So much to do -- hair, clothing bits, un-belting and re-belting with the odd bits, then adjusting all the clothing... it's going to fun but a lot of detail work.

Yeah, seems like they got in all their stock plus extra.

My Jack arrived back in MA a few moments ago but not close enough to likely get to me today as originally scheduled, but one plus is he should come tomorrow and I work from home Thursdays so my wait will be shorter.

Thanks!

I took a bunch but they're all unfutzed. I need to schedule time to futz this beast. So much to do -- hair, clothing bits, un-belting and re-belting with the odd bits, then adjusting all the clothing... it's going to fun but a lot of detail work.

How about a pic similar to the classic SS Ben Kenobi?... :monkey3

he should come tomorrow and I work from home Thursdays so my wait will be shorter.

:clap

How about a pic similar to the classic SS Ben Kenobi?... :monkey3

:lol If I only had that little pumpkin.

Nah, that picture redo needs to be saved for Ewan's Obi.

I thought Ben worked the stripper pole.

That was Leia Boushh on her long 'pole' gun.

I'm so complemented that those pictures are burned into your memories so many years later. :lol

:clap

:lol If I only had that little pumpkin.

Nah, that picture redo needs to be saved for Ewan's Obi.

That was Leia Boushh on her long 'pole' gun.

I'm so complemented that those pictures are burned into your memories so many years later. :lol

We all had our roles, pixletwin would offer the outdoor first shots, you'd do the nudes, I'd come in and make people less afraid the Sideshow figures were complete train wrecks :lol

With Hot Toys, our roles are less pivotal.

Well, I don't know if it was a case of having a narrow exposure, but since I've branched out to instagram, I've found that collectible photography has really taken off, where when I was starting it didn't seem like hardly anyone was out there, then we saw OMG emerge and buying pretty much every HT product they produced.

Even OMG got swamped out of his role by the onslaught of HK photographers like Suiping. Now there's at least 8 that regularly have their photos posted on HT Facebook.

One of those regulars is actually now providing official photos, same photographer who shot this.

28514780_10155303455352344_7703052468420731940_o.jpg

One thing I've learned in my time here, even forum posters can lose their value as the next best thing comes along, or circumstances change, I fell out of the game for lack of buying new products.

Back