Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Was first day po for me! DX line is back! And that's the best part!
Btw / no exclusive version for this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was.going to slow down my purchases but might have to po this one.

johnny_pirates5%20(5).jpg

In all the shots I've seen so far the breeches are buttoned and strapped, but HT have left them undone.

They must have added the new wide 3rd belt to help hide Depp's booze-belly.

The untucked pants are so he can "vent". :lol

Guys an interesting question?

I've been looking at my dx06 and I'm starting to think that the sculpts are the same just with a new paint type and new eyes as the eyes are more realistic. It seems very close to the original DX06 shown at the shows when it 1st came out.

Not sure about the smirk as that seems off though.

Kojun sculpted both sets.

i have the dx06 and love it... one of my favorites. if i had to choose, just from the pix so far, i'd take the dx06 as it screams captain jack to me perfectly! and that's not biased... as i'd gladly buy a better figure if i had one already. but there are so many display options and with a little creativity and a few bucks, you can make a display that pops! i did some custom ship flooring and some bits to go with it... makes one hell of a display!

glad they are redoing this and giving it the treatment that looks really good so far for those that don't have the dx06! you guys will love him!

That's awesome! Where did you get the treasure chest?

Any reason why Sideshow still hasn't labeled this new Jack with the DX text? I went through their site a few mins ago and all their previous DX figs have a 'DX' text beside the figure's name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I have the DX06, I went ahead and pre-ordered Cpt. Jack. One of my all-time favourite franchises. Bring on Cpt. Barbossa & Salazar! :clap

I am beyond excited for this figure now, I just found the Medicom Jack Sparrow hat for sale parted out, I can now assemble this new DX just like my old customized DX06, it'll be like I never sold him off. I realize this will seem pretty silly to everyone else, but it means the world to me, having a great 12" scale Jack figure is one of my most wanted things in my whole collection and it sucked having to sell it off and I didn't think I'd ever be able to recreate it it cheaply, DX06 going for hundreds on eBay and complete Medicom's going for $100 +, I can't spend nearly $700 to get it back, but now I'm able to do it for under $300.

Good for you bud. I'm a fan of the first two movies but a bigger fan of Depp in the part. As many have said I missed out on the DX06. So this is a no brainer for me. It'll also be my only DX and likely the centerpiece to my collection.

Lol, I guess I was a little ahead of HT. I did the hair mod on my Jack 5 years ago.

I immediately thought of your awesome custom when I saw the HT pics, man :hi5: :rock

I am beyond excited for this figure now, I just found the Medicom Jack Sparrow hat for sale parted out, I can now assemble this new DX just like my old customized DX06, it'll be like I never sold him off. I realize this will seem pretty silly to everyone else, but it means the world to me, having a great 12" scale Jack figure is one of my most wanted things in my whole collection and it sucked having to sell it off and I didn't think I'd ever be able to recreate it it cheaply, DX06 going for hundreds on eBay and complete Medicom's going for $100 +, I can't spend nearly $700 to get it back, but now I'm able to do it for under $300.

Good to hear :yess:

I still have my repainted Medi Hat, coat and pair of DX06 boots in the off chance I ever needed them.

I'm another who sold off the DX06 and seriously regret it. I'll definitely be adding this to the collection.

... and I actually like the shark base.

That's awesome! Where did you get the treasure chest?

hobby lobby

bought the flat gold wire strap and attached it w some of the nail art buttons to give it more authentic look.
built the crates out of balsa strips w/ a soldering iron for burns... used same nail art buttons for those too.

Good to hear :yess:

I still have my repainted Medi Hat, coat and pair of DX06 boots in the off chance I ever needed them.

Jack's hat takes a beating over the first 3 films and there are a number of different looks to it, but for me, Medicom perfectly captured what I consider the definitive, ideal shape. HT actually did good with the MMS hat shape, but size felt too big on the MMS and would look even more oversized with the DX heads.

It's a small thing but I'm glad to see the hat looking worn again in the new movie. It was so roughed up by the end of At World's End that the "too perfect" look of the Stranger Tides hat looked so out of place. Speaking of which, in Stranger tides his hat and coat are gone after Angelica kidnaps him, curious how he gets them back.

So this is what DX14 Jedi luke is Dx15 imagine they release a indiana jones 2.0 as Dx16. That would be awesome.

Back