Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

PO'd this from BBTS, couldn't resist. Had the COTBP Medicom Sparrow, which was repainted by Les Walker, including the tatts!, But had to part with it. Really loved that piece, great tailoring, anyway, this will top that and I love the expressive character sculpts, and the eyes are moveable, plus that base. This will be my ONLY Jack.

$20 tax and another $19 shipping in CA... :lol

I'll pay $6 and no tax at BBTS if I keep my order. Of course, I'll have to wait another 4 weeks for it to ship and then another 10 days to get to me.

Probably pick this up for less than $220 by the time this is released and the movie's long gone.

Probably. I did it anyway though. :lol

DX eyes are hit and miss. As seen on Indiana Jones if they are set wrong they create an "eyeliner" look. On my DX Bespin Luke and Joker 2.0 they look great.

Since Capt. Jack wears more eyelines than any girl I've ever met it's not much of a risk on this figure.

Ordered. The DX 6 was one I wish I had ordered at the time. This is an acceptable compromise for me. (But I do want the steering wheel stand)

I wish I had the DX06 as well. However, not willing to pay the high prices for it. I currently have AWE Jack, so this one will be a suitable replacement (not that AWE is bad).

Just FYI, Supreme Collector has it for $259.98 + shipping depending where you are. Have bought from them plenty of times in the past so that means free pick up for all you Bay Area folk out there.

https://www.supremecollector.com/products/hot-toys-pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-jack-sparrow-dx-1-6-figure?variant=41198242446
Free pick up? Yes!! I'm in San Jose so that's cool

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Okay, here's a question for you guys: is this in any danger of going to waitlist at sideshow soon? Anybody have any early intel on that? I was planning on preordering the deluxe starlord when I get paid on Friday but I already have flexpays due on yoda and Picard and can only really afford to put down on an nrd on one new thing since I'm paying some of my flex payments this week. Should I preorder Jack before Starlord? Not sure I can budget in 2 NRDs at once since I also got make some other toy payments(not to mention my regular bills)..

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Okay, here's a question for you guys: is this in any danger of going to waitlist at sideshow soon? Anybody have any early intel on that? I was planning on preordering the deluxe starlord when I get paid on Friday but I already have flexpays due on yoda and Picard and can only really afford to put down on an nrd on one new thing since I'm paying some of my flex payments this week. Should I preorder Jack before Starlord? Not sure I can budget in 2 NRDs at once since I also got make some other toy payments(not to mention my regular bills)..

It's already been waitlisted. No just joking, it's hard to tell how many they're making or how in demand this will be. If you don't PO now, when do you think you'll be able to? After the movie comes out more people may PO, but at the same time Guardians 2 already came out and Star-Lord is still available.

Get yourself in at BBTS. No NRD and if you have the opportunity to switch to SS, you can. Normally I'd feel ****** about that practice, but almost -all- HTs of this popularity sell out at BBTS no matter what. Plus, if you do jump ship (pun intended) you can coordinate your cancelation and give a latecomer a chance to grab one of these at BBTS. If it does sell out at SS, you have a secured preorder and FAR better boxed and cheaper shipping. You just lose the opportunity to use RPs or a code - which is a worthy gamble for a figure of this profile IMO.

Anyone else mention that the pants are sticking out of the boots? Is that how he appears in the new movie, or are they not long enough to tuck in?

Anyone else mention that the pants are sticking out of the boots? Is that how he appears in the new movie, or are they not long enough to tuck in?
I think that's how it will look in the film. But I also think they are slightly tucked in while still having a portion stickin out. You can still tuck these in. If anything they can be similar to the Dx06 pants. Just without the buckle that tighten the pants. It's meant to be like this.

I was right it's slightly tucked in. But still it can be fixed on the figure.

figure looks great. PO'd. What I really need is this in 1/4 scale. Bring it HT's.

I really want a COTBP or DMC Jack :lol

ahem.. for sale.... (includes dyed and weathered coat and hat, fabric scarf, real hair, custom costume parts and a load of custom accessories.)

1_zpssyqrlpnq.jpg

sparrow_zpshoybm02j.jpg
7_zpsqqf0uw7o.jpg

link in my sig for anyone interested.
:duff

I don't think HT's figures sell out fast anymore... they bumped up production runs big time the last few years... especially for a character like this.

I don't think HT's figures sell out fast anymore... they bumped up production runs big time the last few years... especially for a character like this.
Depends on the figure. Deadpool, ASpiderman 2, Star Wars figures and many recent figures are either sold out or very hard to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

i have the dx06 and love it... one of my favorites. if i had to choose, just from the pix so far, i'd take the dx06 as it screams captain jack to me perfectly! and that's not biased... as i'd gladly buy a better figure if i had one already. but there are so many display options and with a little creativity and a few bucks, you can make a display that pops! i did some custom ship flooring and some bits to go with it... makes one hell of a display!

glad they are redoing this and giving it the treatment that looks really good so far for those that don't have the dx06! you guys will love him!

ahem.. for sale.... (includes dyed and weathered coat and hat, fabric scarf, real hair, custom costume parts and a load of custom accessories.)

1_zpssyqrlpnq.jpg

sparrow_zpshoybm02j.jpg
7_zpsqqf0uw7o.jpg

link in my sig for anyone interested.
:duff

Wow man that is outstanding, you selling to buy this dx15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow man that is outstanding, you selling to buy this dx15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I'm just clearing years and years worth of impulse buys and custom figures that I spent waaay too much time on! :lol
I actually think the DX06 is better than this new set from what we have seen so far. But I adore DX sets so it's still tempting.

I wasn't collecting 1/6 scale figures when DX06 was released so it's very tempting to buy this one. Of course if I do, he will not match your current Star Wars collection is all I can hear my wife saying. Lol

I wasn't collecting 1/6 scale figures when DX06 was released so it's very tempting to buy this one. Of course if I do, he will not match your current Star Wars collection is all I can hear my wife saying. Lol

women are everywhere... the dx06 and dx15 aren't! ;)

Back