Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

It's going to be tough for folks with the DX06 to ever think that the 15 is better...I think the rooted hair (though I have never been a proponent of this for male figures in the past) makes this piece a bit more unique than the 06...but I can relate...if Hot Toys ever released another DX Ledger Joker a part of me will want it to be terrible so that it does not detract from my DX11...normal human psychology.

It'll actually be impossible since the 15 isn't better. I'm not saying that so I can ride my 6 some more, I wouldn't sell it either way. Right now I'm seeing a base that's a mess, it probably could have been cool but they went overboard and it looks embarrassing to be honest. And a sculpt thats pretty meh. The dx06 has a great sculpt and an awesome expression.
I also find it funny that people are trying to have others believe how much of an improvement this is, when you're comparing prototype pictures to a figure that's released and in hand... my anh Luke and dofp wolverine say hello.
For me personally, I was hoping they'd capture Jack's personality better. I wanted them to give it more character, so I had something unique on my shelf. At this point I'm underwelmed, hopefully that changes as it gets closer to release.

Great to see DX line back. Rooted hair is nice touch for realistic look.

Still conflicted, previous DX still awesome pieces and I do not need two identical Jack Sparrow.

I agree I doubt a 3.0 will happen anytime soon. I don't know what they could improve on the DX11 besides maybe the HS it came with everything

Almost everything could be improved. Tailoring, head sculpt with rooted hair, put the grenade rig back in, expressions, paint app, etc.

Almost everything could be improved. Tailoring, head sculpt with rooted hair, put the grenade rig back in, expressions, paint app, etc.

Previous DX Joker sculpt is not 100%. If they want to improve it, just improve that with rooted hair. You will never have great Heath Joker likeliness without rooted hair there. Also coat texture need a little less rough and accurate socks...

Previous DX Joker sculpt is not 100%. If they want to improve it, just improve that with rooted hair. You will never have great Heath Joker likeliness without rooted hair there. Also coat texture need a little less rough and accurate socks...

It will never be 100%. The DX11 has aged well and it would most likely only be minor improvements at best is all i'm saying. If a new Pirates movie was not coming out i doubt they would have ever made another Jack so i see no reason HT would do another DX Joker. A DX Luke with a new Star Wars movie in a few months with Luke in it makes a lot more sense.

Hot Toys will make Star Wars figures for as long as Disney is making Star Wars movies...so...forever...unless we all get sent back to 2012 in a time machine I think (wishful thinking aside) we can safely assume that Hot Toys is out of the Dark Knight business. They are not going to make Clarence Boddicker, Michael Corleone, or Kyle Reese...the next Joker they make will look like Jared Leto...sorry gang hate to break it to everyone...that said...DX11 is a masterpiece so I'm good!

Seeing how 7 out of the 15 DX figure are Batman and Joker and the very first DX was a Ledger figure, and considering how popular Ledger's Joker is compared to Leto's version, I don't see why HT wouldn't make a 10th anniversary figure next year. Ii mean they made a 2.0 Bank Robber 2 years ago.

I think for the same reason they did not make a Vito Corleone 2.0 for the 40th anniversary of The Godfather...

It'll actually be impossible since the 15 isn't better. I'm not saying that so I can ride my 6 some more, I wouldn't sell it either way. Right now I'm seeing a base that's a mess, it probably could have been cool but they went overboard and it looks embarrassing to be honest. And a sculpt thats pretty meh. The dx06 has a great sculpt and an awesome expression.
I also find it funny that people are trying to have others believe how much of an improvement this is, when you're comparing prototype pictures to a figure that's released and in hand... my anh Luke and dofp wolverine say hello.
For me personally, I was hoping they'd capture Jack's personality better. I wanted them to give it more character, so I had something unique on my shelf. At this point I'm underwelmed, hopefully that changes as it gets closer to release.

I think the DX15 has some minor improvements, the most obvious one being the hair, which gives the figure a new level of realism. However, the DX6 was substantially better than the older Sparrow figures. The gap in quality between the DX15 and DX06 isn't as noticeable, imo. Still, I'm considering getting it, unless HT announces a Cannibal Jack in the next 8 months.

There are a few things I wanted to see improved on the DX 6. One was the hair, and HT did it. The other, the neck and chest's lack of detail on the DX6 and real beads instead of a solid piece of plastic attached to the hair. It looks like HT is reusing the same beads.

Joker is more popular.

The Joker is my one of my favorite characters, i have a bunch of Joker figures and i love the Dark Knight but even i would roll my eyes if they did a 3.0. I would rather add someone new to the collection like Cesar Romero.

I think i'm going to wait until after i see the movie next week before i PO this just in case it's a train wreck.

Wonder if the dx06 still holds it value I think honestly it will I don't think this figure will sell out. And we don't know what problems people will find with it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Wonder when you'll see the first photos of this on display at a convention or Secret Base surface?

Back