Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Annnnnd order. Can't wait! :woo

This is a nice win win piece really.

For those who own the original DX, there's nothing too improved that completely negates the first. So, easy pass. WIN!

For those that missed out or had to sell the original, they can get this nice piece without paying crazy ebay prices (although slightly inflated modern HT prices) WIN!

Hooray!

Probably pick up the hands parted.

And maybe a faceplate if it's compatible.

Congrats to those who missed out the first time

Howard said there'd be 2 DX figures this year. Watch Joker 3.0 be the next one.

Watch it be Logan DX with all three outfits with rooted hair and rooted beard... :pray:

Is this the first Hot Toys Male figure with rooted hair...not counting the braid on Jake Sully?

It looks good! Since I already have the DX06 I'll probably just pick up the new belt and hands.

I'm not a fan of the doll hair :lol It can look great when used correctly but here it just doesn't work for me. The style and texture of the DX06's sculpted hair goes so nicely with the dreads. The one area they needed to update most of all was the solid molded bead strand. Oh well.

Captain Jack says hello... 33896675943_204bfb6685_b.jpg

The hair is more than likely going to be glued in place under the existing, old mold. It's just an add in I bet.

Have to get this as i missed the dx6. Can't say i like the rooted hair though, doesn't look very good.

You'll easily be able to remove the rooted hair, I'm thinking. It's just "pizzaz" to what's there already.

Same goes for the shark. A bit of heat will take that part right off the base; slap a small floating East India cargo crate or something over the hole, if you even need to hide it, could just look like waves.

Ordered since I sold my DX06. If the smiling face does not improve, I can always get one from the DX06 on ebay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Question for anyone who will listen if you had someone selling a dx06 for 275$ vs getting the new what what you choose I was debating grabbing for now then could always sell if the new one is desired?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'd get the DX06, the Pearl wheel is a better display option and the other enhancements of DX15 I don't think outweigh having a more appropriate looking display for Jack.

I'd get the DX06, the Pearl wheel is a better display option and the other enhancements of DX15 I don't think outweigh having a more appropriate looking display for Jack.
Thanks bud i was thinking the dx 06 too

Costs being about the same.... I'd take the DX06 as well.

Costs being about the same.... I'd take the DX06 as well.
Thanks guys been debating this all day I keep coming up with dx06

Thanks guys been debating this all day I keep coming up with dx06

Dx06 no question. Better display and the sculpt is from when Jack was in his prime. Can't go wrong.

Dx06 no question. Better display and the sculpt is from when Jack was in his prime. Can't go wrong.
3 in a row on that

Thanks bud i was thinking the dx 06 too

And if you change your mind you should be able to get your $ back at that price.

And if you change your mind you should be able to get your $ back at that price.
Right and I could wait to see what happens with other

Back