HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many bright colours.

I hope DC are holding this fig back in order to distance themselves from HT and their Marvel fixation.

if that is the case, then respect to them.

Let's make it darker

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428326484.918582.jpg

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Right. Kudos to them.

I can see where DC thinks HT did them right by the Nolan line and to a lesser degree the 89 and the MOS line. However now they have to be thinking wtf (like many of us) in terms of all the Marvel product being released. DC are probably wondering why Returns hasn't yet been given the attention they were actually paid for by HT back in 2012. Also of the note the 66' car hasn't been a priority for HT and that line in general kinda fizzled. The Mime joker also wasn't handled very well as it should have been like the third or fourth released and in much lower numbers. (maybe even a convention exclusive.)

DC are basically seeing what all of us are and are probably just hanging back for the time being until the Marvel madness ends. Once the new DC movies are released and if they become a hit I would expect things to kinda reverse if fans aren't tired of the whole genre by then. That's when we'll probably see this figure.

I remember we all thought that when the DX 14 Mime Joker went up for order back in 2013, it was a sign that Returns Batman was right around the corner.

:lol Nope.

Im gone for two months from here and I come back only to see the exact same thing all over again. Pretty sad indeed. Everyone said "oh they will release it when Keaton is in the limelight" Well that didn't happen. People continue mindlessly to have the utmost faith for Hot Toys. Everything I have been saying has only come to pass. Expect a 2017-2018 release for this fig.

This guy thinks it's still coming out^ :lol

北京国安;7674217 said:
Let's make it darker

View attachment 177510

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

That one actually looks really great. Usually the suits in those auctions have detoriated or the mannequin inside looks fake and nothing like Keaton. Don't have the cash flow to get what those inevitably end at though.

I saw this one a while back, Cathedral/Batwing damage suit and the bullet damage to the chest symbol,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
yes the rubber used for this was easy to tear. this was probably a stunt costume once it get's one tear etc it's removed and tossed. Catwoman had like 90 costumes, I think they went through 130 for keaton im not sure on exact number but that was expensive to make. especially if catwoman's was 1,000 per. and batman's suit was rubber layered on to a cloth suit. polyurethane rubber is rather fragile and smelly. might be half reason for the temperature of studio not to mention to keep all three actors from over heating.

yes the rubber used for this was easy to tear. this was probably a stunt costume once it get's one tear etc it's removed and tossed. Catwoman had like 90 costumes, I think they went through 130 for keaton im not sure on exact number but that was expensive to make. especially if catwoman's was 1,000 per. and batman's suit was rubber layered on to a cloth suit. polyurethane rubber is rather fragile and smelly. might be half reason for the temperature of studio not to mention to keep all three actors from over heating.

I saw one of the Catwoman suits at the Tim Burton retrospective at the LACMA a few years back. That Keaton suit looks amazing in comparison. The Catwoman suit was discolored and looked to have rotted away in a few areas. I'm sure it wasn't actually made of patent leather, as suggested in the film, but the glossy veneer had gone the way of the Dodo, as well.

Cool, TheMajor posted. (Squints, rubs eyes) Aw ****, never mind.

Someone call?

I must say that while I do want to see this figure released..... I have been buying HT Marvel figures. In my defense, I have only bought 3. *backs away from thread, while maintaining eye contact with all members*

Right. Kudos to them.

I can see where DC thinks HT did them right by the Nolan line and to a lesser degree the 89 and the MOS line. However now they have to be thinking wtf (like many of us) in terms of all the Marvel product being released. DC are probably wondering why Returns hasn't yet been given the attention they were actually paid for by HT back in 2012. Also of the note the 66' car hasn't been a priority for HT and that line in general kinda fizzled. The Mime joker also wasn't handled very well as it should have been like the third or fourth released and in much lower numbers. (maybe even a convention exclusive.)

DC are basically seeing what all of us are and are probably just hanging back for the time being until the Marvel madness ends. Once the new DC movies are released and if they become a hit I would expect things to kinda reverse if fans aren't tired of the whole genre by then. That's when we'll probably see this figure.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. If HT subscribes to the mantra of "cash in off what is currently popular" and the DC cinematic universe gets huge, you know that HT will release a Batfleck, updated MOS, perhaps Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor from BvS, and then a Leto joker from Suicide Squad as well. Maybe even the new batmobile. I wonder if they'll keep current on Marvel if that happens, and if they do, that spells doom for every other line that isn't Marvel, DC (or Star Wars).

I kind of love that the Marvel fans are actually starting to get rambunctious. A few years ago, you'd get a Returns or Arkham picture in the Facebook comments and a bunch of Avengers fans would tell them to "**** off" and that "Hot Toys is a business" or some bull**** like that. Now, you're getting pictures of Drax in there, and you wonder how long it will be before the house of cards that Howard's built will start tumbling down as the MCU starts to expand. I mean what's going to happen when this stuff starts to overlap, and they're going to have to pick a side. I mean what happens when Justice League and Infinity War start going down?

Hell, what about next year? You're getting at least half the Justice League in BvS, an entire team of Supervillains in the form of the Suicide Squad, and probably new versions of all The Avengers and Spider-Man for Civil War, on top of what I'm sure will be an enormous amount of Force Awakens figures. You have to wonder if Howard's eventually going to overwhelm himself and a large contingent of collectors (which he's already seemingly well on his way to doing).

The 1/6 market is on the verge of an implosion like the one we're still seeing in the 7" scale (which all but destroyed McFarlane, the industry leader at the time) and like the comic bubble bursting back in the '90s. They're spreading themselves way too thin and are starting to rely on the "old faithfuls", i.e. Iron Man and Marvel, while the new or more fringe offerings are announced but never come to fruition. Eventually the Marvel craze is going to dry up, but long before that, faith in Hot Toys will go. Once Marvel is done, HT won't have a leg to stand on.

Im not sure if buying one or two Hot Toys a year considers you a Hot Toys collector. If it does, well it does. If it doesn’t then it is extremely unfortunate for those “one or two” collectors to receive inferior products outside the realm of Marvel. I give you the example of Ichabod Crane!

I am afraid that in keeping up with “Block Buster” license, HT’s will be diluting their brilliance to each and every product!

The 1/6 market is on the verge of an implosion like the one we're still seeing in the 7" scale (which all but destroyed McFarlane, the industry leader at the time) and like the comic bubble bursting back in the '90s. They're spreading themselves way too thin and are starting to rely on the "old faithfuls", i.e. Iron Man and Marvel, while the new or more fringe offerings are announced but never come to fruition. Eventually the Marvel craze is going to dry up, but long before that, faith in Hot Toys will go. Once Marvel is done, HT won't have a leg to stand on.

That could be a long while.

[h=1]MARVEL MOVIES PHASE 3 SCHEDULE[/h]Hot behind DC which announced its slate of movies till 2020 recently (read it here), Marvel Studio’s President of Production Kevin Feige unveiled their Phase 3 lineup yesterday at Marvel Media Day Event held at El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. Check out the Marvel movies list below:[h=4]Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1, 2015[/h][h=4]Ant-Man : July 17, 2015[/h][h=4]Captain America: Civil War – May 6, 2016[/h][h=4]Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016[/h][h=4]Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017[/h][h=4]Thor: Ragnarok - July 28, 2017[/h][h=4]Black Panther - November 3, 2017[/h][h=4]Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018[/h][h=4]Inhumans - November 2, 2018[/h][h=4]Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 - May 4, 2018[/h][h=4]Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 -May 3, 2019[/h]
MARVEL MOVIES : PHASE 3 SCHEDULE

That's a lot of Ironmans, Captain Americas, Black Widows and much much more. I guess batman returns is screwed :(

Sadly it is. I am more of a DC fan. It is the red headed step child of HT's now. HT's is about Marvel and Iron man. I don't need every costume and suit variation of these characters.

Sadly it is. I am more of a DC fan. It is the red headed step child of HT's now. HT's is about Marvel and Iron man. I don't need every costume and suit variation of these characters.

Yeah, won't happen I know, but be nice for somebody like DAM to step in and get the DC rights. Their quality has been amazing lately and they cost less too!

Someone call?

I must say that while I do want to see this figure released..... I have been buying HT Marvel figures. In my defense, I have only bought 3. *backs away from thread, while maintaining eye contact with all members*

You're good, mate, it was just an inside joke. :lol :duff

:rotfl I too have a few HT Marvel figures and expect to buy several from AoU. That still doesn't mean I don't also want DX15 and other DC stuff.

That could be a long while.

[h=1]MARVEL MOVIES PHASE 3 SCHEDULE[/h]Hot behind DC which announced its slate of movies till 2020 recently (read it here), Marvel Studio’s President of Production Kevin Feige unveiled their Phase 3 lineup yesterday at Marvel Media Day Event held at El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. Check out the Marvel movies list below:[h=4]Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1, 2015[/h][h=4]Ant-Man : July 17, 2015[/h][h=4]Captain America: Civil War – May 6, 2016[/h][h=4]Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016[/h][h=4]Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017[/h][h=4]Thor: Ragnarok - July 28, 2017[/h][h=4]Black Panther - November 3, 2017[/h][h=4]Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018[/h][h=4]Inhumans - November 2, 2018[/h][h=4]Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 - May 4, 2018[/h][h=4]Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 -May 3, 2019[/h]
MARVEL MOVIES : PHASE 3 SCHEDULE

Yeah we know there are a lot of Marvel movies slated - that's not the point cr0w was making.
Let's face it, how many of us can afford multiple Hot Toys figures a year? From that list you can easily see another 4 Captain America figures at least – well at current prices I think consumers are gonna have to pick and choose the figures they buy carefully.
It's great for Marvel fans that they have a great choice of figures to put together their Avengers team, but Hot Toys could saturate the market to an extent that the releases will start to see a steady decrease in sales with only newer characters like Ant Man or Black Panther selling large quantities. Hot Toys will likely then 'up' the price of figures with a more limited number made, to avoid losses - hiking prices anymore will likely hammer a nail into the collectable 1/6th market.
As a DC fan I hope this doesn't happen until after we see the movie Justice League figures released.

Personally, I'm only keeping one version of each character and I'm not buying anyone that doesn't show up in the Avenger film. This causes me to miss out on individual villains but I need to keep some sort of standard. The good thing about waiting for the avengers figures is that sometimes I prefer the older design (Thor:TDW, Black Widow: TWS) and they get cheaper. It's going to pain me to pass on the Civil War Spidey unless the character dies (doubt it). Also, passing on Ant-man, Dr. Strange, etc. It's impossible to keep up. I'm actually a DC fan but I'm not getting any figures from SvB either. I'll wait for the Justice League movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back