HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I taught they abandoned the DX line...

Check the base, it says "Batman MMS DX" IMG_8519.JPG

? :lol

It's clearly a prototype of the Returns suit chiefy. :lol

It could still be a modded dx09 though. It's easier to mod a dx09 into a returns suit then it is create the returns suit out of nothing. And since the mouth plates for masked heads like batman are usually removable the mouth plate being different as the person below you brought up really doesn't change anything.

Most of the prototypes start out as something else that gets modded. Not all. But a lot. And given how similar the 89 and returns suit are it would be much easier to mod an 89 then start from scratch.

There's nothing on that Returns Batman figure to suggest it was a mock up or a mod of the DX 09. Nothing. Not the cowl, the shape of the cowl, the faceplate, the body suit, the boots or even the belt and cape. Companies keep their original prototypes for archival purposes, they're not going to deface or mod them for an all new figure unless it's a similar version that's either a repaint or something as simple as a clothes swap (think Captain America or Armory Batman). This is an all new figure built from scratch, not a reworked DX 09. If it was a Hot Toys battle damaged '89 Batman I could see them tweaking the original proto for tooling, but it's not. This is an all new figure

Those prototype pics look nothing like this,

image.jpg
image.jpg

Shares no parts or shapes to this,

------------------------------------------------------

image.jpg
image.jpg

The Returns prototype is also way slimmer, from the head to the body armor. Let's say hypothetically they did use the DX 09 as a base. Once they stripped it of it's suit and head, it would essentially be a true type. Not even their silhouettes are similar. Thinking it has any resemblelence to this new one is absurd, Vintij is right.

Last edited:
I doubt it will turn out to be a DX. So much time will pass they will modify it and throw away the DX designation. I think it will be a long long time before this gets done..

Every time I see that Returns figure, I can't believe how perfect it is. If this thing ever comes out, it'll be the shining star of my collection and look amazing next to the Batmobile.

I was as excited to see this as any other figure at SDCC. And I only started posting in late July! Imagine the agonizingly long wait for longtime members. :slap

It got caught between AoU and SW. While Marty managed to escape, this hasn't even gone up for PO. It's in HT limbo. :ohbfrank:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back