HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite photo of my favorite suit.
600full-batman-%28michael-keaton%29.jpg
1zu1z87.png

I'm on the same boat- don't care one bit about Star Wars.

100% I'm 33 & never really cared about Star Wars it was ok but batman I watched that until my old VHS wore out, at least once a day I watched batman. 1st film I ever bought and I remember saving my pocket money to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the nerdy things I like as an adult,

Batman > Star Wars

Terminator > Star Wars

Robocop > Star Wars

Lord of the Rings = Star Wars

Star Wars > Indiana Jones

Star Wars > Back to the Future

Star Wars > Marvel

Star Wars > Spider-Man

Of the nerdy things I liked as a kid,

Batman > Star Wars > Everything else

Of the nerdy things I like as an adult,

Batman > Star Wars

Terminator > Star Wars

Robocop > Star Wars

Lord of the Rings = Star Wars

Star Wars > Indiana Jones

Star Wars > Back to the Future

Star Wars > Marvel

Star Wars > Spider-Man

Of the nerdy things I liked as a kid,

Batman > Star Wars > Everything else

Tolkien universe rules all.

Hobbit trilogy - ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between the Star Wars fans, the Batman fans and the Tolkien fans, there's so much sectarian strife in this thread. It's like a powderkeg ready to explode.

That being said...infidels, convert or die!

I've always liked Star Wars, but Indiana Jones is the one that clicked with me. I guess what it comes down to is a matter of preference, and, to me, pulp adventure is greater than the "space opera."

In the pantheon of Geekdom, however, Batman is my Zeus. Frankly, I dare say that a character who debuted in the pages of a 10¢ comic magazine is one of the single greatest creations in all of contemporary fiction. The irony of that being that he is inherently derivative, but, nevertheless, it's like all of those different elements combined to form something magical. It really is curious, though, to wonder what the staying power of these characters will be. Denny O'Neil said that superheroes are our modern mythology, and that's a fascinating statement. Will people remember these characters in one thousand years the same way we look at Greek Mythology? The advent of film is a relatively infantile one, but it also seems like an incredibly durable one. I don't know. I know I kind of spun off on a tangent, but it's a prospect that intrigues me greatly.

I've always liked Star Wars, but Indiana Jones is the one that clicked with me. I guess what it comes down to is a matter of preference, and, to me, pulp adventure is greater than the "space opera."

In the pantheon of Geekdom, however, Batman is my Zeus. Frankly, I dare say that a character who debuted in the pages of a 10¢ comic magazine is one of the single greatest creations in all of contemporary fiction. The irony of that being that he is inherently derivative, but, nevertheless, it's like all of those different elements combined to form something magical. It really is curious, though, to wonder what the staying power of these characters will be. Denny O'Neil said that superheroes are our modern mythology, and that's a fascinating statement. Will people remember these characters in one thousand years the same way we look at Greek Mythology? The advent of film is a relatively infantile one, but it also seems like an incredibly durable one. I don't know. I know I kind of spun off on a tangent, but it's a prospect that intrigues me greatly.

WhatDidYouSay.jpg

Honestly, I think it started out as "Batman is the greatest," and then it sort of progressed into me recording every thought that popped up in my head on the subject.

Nah, a thousand years from now, some kid on Titan will be able to find out more about Batman through the chip in his brain, but they'll have their own myths and heroes by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back