HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think publicity shots were bronze belts but those used in the actual film are clearly yellow, we even get a close up shot of it.

Usually the pre production shots are taken before the film starts filming, so I imagine these shots are those that were used for action figure lines like kenners dark knight collection. That said toy biz's line of figures had the yellow belt.

After all that though, again its clearly yellow on screen.

Screenshot of Keaton's belt from suit up sequence (1989)-
https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2008/07/belt_batman_89-610x343.jpg

You're also viewing through colorists color grading.

That's not what I would describe as just "yellow." The best way to drive the point home is shots where the yellow of the chest can be seen at the same time. There have been different screencaps taken of that shot from different video sources where it looks different than that. There's one where it looks like the dark orange-ish bronze of the HT prototype (which for the record I don't view as accurate but I'll take that over bright yellow)

You're right about the first black background photoshoot being before filming began and being the first time the suit was put together. But what about the Herb Ritts gray background photoshoot? Jack only was only there for two weeks. And I'm sure shots of finalized batsuits were filmed before he arrived. So his photos are totally valid.

DiFabio, do you have any pics of the model of Keaton built for the glider sequence? The belt on that was definitely gold, I have seen pics of it on the net before. I am also looking for high qaulity animated gifs of the shot where Batman comes walking through a door to save the Ice Princess and the shot of him walking through the vault door.

This is all I got,

image.jpg

Di Fabio we need a photoshop work with this... Batman in Gotham, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! :pray:

BatReturns2_zpsffb30c25.jpg

I had no idea there were fans so passionate about the exact color of the Burton Batman's belt. Reminds me of some of the heated debates I've seen concerning the color of Han Solo's coat in Empire Strikes Back

Since there's still a debate about the color of the belt and photos are hard to find, I thought about contacting David Lea, so I sent him an email. He was Michael Keaton's stunt double and he wore the costume. I doubt he'll answer my question, but if he does, I'll post the answer here, and hopefully we'll get some answers from someone who wore and saw the original costumes.

I thought the general consensus was that with the Returns suit, the belt and chest emblem were the same yellow color, while the '89 suit's belt was darker than the chest emblem. Hot Toys had it right on the original prototype, then ended up changing it to look like the Returns belt for the final release. So for the Returns figure, the belt and chest emblem should be the same color of yellow - yes?

11082520371c8f0c80aa77aec3.jpg

snapshot20090103185259.jpg

What are the chances of this figure getting released by before next year's SDCC? I know we don't know much but i'm hoping it does get released by June of next year...

What are the chances of this figure getting released by before next year's SDCC? I know we don't know much but i'm hoping it does get released by June of next year...

If it's solicited soon, it should be. Adam West Batman was solicited around the time of Comic Con, and we've had that in hand for a while now.

If it's solicited soon, it should be. Adam West Batman was solicited around the time of Comic Con, and we've had that in hand for a while now.

Yeah if Memory serves me correctly he/Robin was shown at SDCC 2013 and then up for pre-order in September...

It's sad reading how his world came crashing down.

"After his work on Batman, production designer Anton Furst tried in vain to find some directing work. Contractual obligations kept him from being able to do the work he did on Batman in the sequel. He committed suicide in 1991."

"Furst committed suicide on 24 November 1991. He had separated from his wife and began taking Halcion, a sleeping drug that had been banned in Britain due to its possible side effects of amnesia, paranoia and depression. His drinking also became more of a problem. He was about to check into a rehab in 1992, and told his friends he was going to the car to fetch his cigarettes and jumped off an eighth story parking deck.
He was survived by a daughter, Vanessa King, a son, Nicholas Sergei Furst, his mother, Pamela Furst, and a sister, Jane Wearne.[SUP]"[/SUP]

Yeah, Anton was the real visual genius behind the first film and set a very high standard. Every time I watch a movie like Dark World I wonder what would have been if he had still been around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back