HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glider attachment or fail. It HAS to have it. It is a very iconic moment in the film, only surpassed by Keaton removing the cowl,

I personally don't care if the glider comes with him or not. I would prefer a normal Bats figure with alternate unmasked head (scratched) scene, two different face plates, one with a big grin: along with all the hand held items he used in the movie: remote controlled batarang, spear gun, wire glide gun, and water capsule.

I just don't think the damage would translate well in 1/6 scale black plastic. I see damage in the midsection in those photos, so the only way to do it accurately is by making a full bd figure, but as far as the face and mask, it's not as obvious as IM, Terminator, or Robocop. They could have included a second cowl with those little scratches, but again, not sure how you scratch black plastic and make it look like broken rubber. Also, some of the damage are shiny spots. The damage on the emblem is more obvious, but not when you watch the film, because of how dark it is, so it doesn't bother me. I'm not against extras, but when the extras are that large (wings) and will spend most of the time in a box and not on display, I don't think it's a deal breaker if they aren't included and it lowers the price of the figure.

Speaking of iconic poses. The DX09 can't even do that pose, holding the gun with two hands, so I doubt it can extend the arms to hold the bat wings or the weight. It might...but I doubt it.

I'm not saying there's no damage, but it was never the type of damage that it's so obvious when you watch the film, it makes you say, that should be a figure, imo. Maybe I'm just blind as a bat :lol

They did the crispy burned, gouged look real well with Demon Batman and it was black rubber?

PD1339473910xbb.jpg

Right, it would have to be a full battle damage figure, because you can't swap the midsection because of the rubber suit. But like I said, I don't see them making one because the overall damage is not so drastic, especially when you watch the film.

Not sure if I should go for this, or wait for '89 Batman 2.0. . .decisions, decisions. . .

What cowl and/or suit do you like better?

I bet a lot of people take the cowl head off this one and put it on the DX 09 '89 body for an idealized Batman.

Easy solution...design the figure to have the extra flexibility needed in the arms to have the glider wing pose. If the suit is a onesie rubber suit like DX09, this could be difficult, (but I've seen DX09s with the arms extended cape open pose)...but the best solution would probably be to have the suit be more segmented, or just a bit of extra material to allow just enough flexibility under the arms so they can pose like that. They're not going to include glider wings AND make it impossible to put him into the glider wing pose.

I think the '89 Batman I have is good enough for me. I'm looking forward to Penguin and Catwoman, though.

Easy solution...design the figure to have the extra flexibility needed in the arms to have the glider wing pose. If the suit is a onesie rubber suit like DX09, this could be difficult, (but I've seen DX09s with the arms extended cape open pose)...but the best solution would probably be to have the suit be more segmented, or just a bit of extra material to allow just enough flexibility under the arms so they can pose like that. They're not going to include glider wings AND make it impossible to put him into the glider wing pose.

That'd be amazing.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...-Armor-Upgrade
2012-04-28_16-22-47_410.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-23_218.jpg

2012-04-29_20-40-59_976.jpg

amazing what people do to make their figures screen & prop accurate. :)

It's a great idea but I didn't have the balls to do something like that. That's a lot of cutting and room for error.

yah i can't spend $240 on a figure, then hack it up.:lol I'm perfectly happy with stock. And I like keeping my things close to mint condition if possible.
But customizers are a different part of the hobby. I admire them for doing it and many get a lot of joy from it. Just not my thing.

i just hope they don't make the DX15's faceplates sticking out at the edges, like the dx09's do. that's about the only thing that breaks the 89 bats figure magic.

I dunno man... I think the Tony Mei cape looks ten times better than the poofy stock cape. ;)

Mei cape:
14716976596_53e7ac7a6b_c.jpg

Stock:
6778732786_19b4909fbc_b.jpg

It's funny if you offered me both of those figures, I'd take the bottom one.

:lol

What Fiend and I are referring to is the delined stock cape. It hangs just as well is Tonys but it looks and feels more like real leather.
Not as plasticky. Not a negative about Tony, I love his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back