Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing happened with Enterbay. Their BD sculpt shat all over their clean sculpt and now we all kinda want to see another new clean sculpt.

I knew there'd be a few people who can't discern prototype from production who would call me out. I had predicted it earlier.

By all means, tell me what I was wrong about.

Can't discern? come on.. :lol

The proto DX13 looked different to me than the DX10 in the first place - that's why I mentioned it at all.

You were calling me out on that aspect alone, iirc.

I have my MMS rigged up with DX-10 parts for a cyberdyne look... I think I'll relegate that to the black shirt, shotgun and glasses now and use the FULL BD as well. Two big contrasts on the shelf. Amazing that I've had this thing paid off for over a year and it's finally coming.

This was the best pic I could get of the DX10 sculpt. Lighting this figure is extremely unforgiving. If light hits it in almost any certain way the eyes do some crazy things that make it look way off.

Same thing happened with Enterbay. Their BD sculpt shat all over their clean sculpt and now we all kinda want to see another new clean sculpt.

True, but after seeing the dx13 in-hand pics I'm hungry for a couple of new figures, I'm thinking with how well this came out how awesome would a Commando figure be, that and a Conan figure:panic:

I also must say that seeing the full bd head I think its high time for the 1/6 scale T-800 endoskeleton diecast figure to be put up for PO, that needs to happen next, and soon:impatient:

Can't discern? come on.. :lol

The proto DX13 looked different to me than the DX10 in the first place - that's why I mentioned it at all.

You were calling me out on that aspect alone, iirc.

And it was the same sculpt. Now you are insinuating I was in the wrong since the production version of the DX13 has been resculpted. That wasn't part of the argument, but I knew that would come up and here it is.

Yeah. New sculpt. The DX10 looks awful here. I can't think of a sculpt that photographs worse than the DX10. It's one sculpt that you must see in person to give a fair critique on. No wonder some people think it's beyond awful and/or chose the MMS over it.

This was the best pic I could get of the DX10 sculpt. Lighting this figure is extremely unforgiving. If light hits it in almost any certain way the eyes do some crazy things that make it look way off.

In general I agree, but from certain angles with certain lighting it can look good. :lol I think my shots below turned out well and look like Schwarzenegger, unfortunately he doesn't look like that in person. I would never pose him without sunglasses, it just looks bad from most angles.

IMG_6949_2_small.jpg

IMG_6971_2_small.jpg

I'm just chatting with ya man.. :)

I don't believe we agreed on that earlier, did we? :lol

Dude, I'm done with this argument. I've explained prototyping, molding, resculpting, and cost efficiency enough times to enough people who just had to believe that the DX13 prototype sculpt was different from the final resculpted DX10. If you want to believe things that are contrary to all of these long established processes, it's on you.

EDIT: Sorry, that looked a little snappy. I'm in pain right now. But seriously, I'm done and just want to enjoy this awesome looking figure.

Last edited:
Something about the eyes really bugged me out with the DX10 so I covered mine up with the glasses. This BD head looks amazing, I might even switch it out with the DX10 although that may ruin the non-BD look...

EDIT: Sorry, that looked a little snappy. I'm in pain right now. But seriously, I'm done and just want to enjoy this awesome looking figure.
All good, & no friction intended. :lol

I of course get the principle behind the processes involved, but whatever.

We agree that the set's great, & that's all that matters.

My DX10 is in his "iconic" pose. This means that he has his glasses on. I don't see it as "defeating the purpose" of not seeing the eyes. I see it more like so many of my HT accessories, I never use it but I am very happy they are included!! I know that if I only owned the DX13 a part of me would also have wanted the clean "iconic" glasses look as well!!

The prices on ebay are crazy, around $ 400. Is it safe to buy the preorder figures? Has anyone ever done that?

I had gone back and forth on this guy for months but after today's pics I'm sold. Looks great. And I ordered him from AE with points so getting him under $300 makes it even better.

Looks great from the neck down. Not impressed with the heads. Looks super-waxy and cheap compared to the prototype, a trend that continues for Hot Toys. And the facial scars on the final product don't even come close to replicating the prototype. From a distance however, like in the wider photos, he looks fantastic all around.

293699_10151123439732344_120926069_n.jpg

1460261_10151745372742344_1076593342_n.jpg

Back