Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLASTIC ENEMIES

6a853733gw1earexfjr3jj21a31b9dsj.jpg

6a853733gw1earewpjiv5j20wa1b9ahm.jpg

Looks sad in those two. Funny what different angles can do.

I finally took the time to look at the bare arms. I'm happy they were able to go double jointed for the switchable arms.

Looks great from the neck down. Not impressed with the heads. Looks super-waxy and cheap compared to the prototype, a trend that continues for Hot Toys. And the facial scars on the final product don't even come close to replicating the prototype. From a distance however, like in the wider photos, he looks fantastic all around.

The face wounds are an improvement. They're more accurate now. Overall likeness to Arnie is better than the proto aswell.

Technically from the neck down is where the main nitpicks are to be had.

The face wounds are an improvement. They're more accurate now. Overall likeness to Arnie is better than the proto aswell.

Yeah, it looks like they didn't bother with the body. Everything about the heads are much better than the proto though. And to think even yesterday, I would have been happy if nothing changed from the proto.

Man, this is incredible...still trying to decide how i want to pose this....At first, I really wanted to use the BD HS, but after all these reveal pics, both these HS are incredible...seems like a second body is a must at this point :gah:

Yeah, it looks like they didn't bother with the body. Everything about the heads are much better than the proto though. And to think even yesterday, I would have been happy if nothing changed from the proto.

Yep. Did not expect this level of improvement on the headsculpts. The hair could be better sculpted but other than that these look amazing. And unless we're seeing photoshop and/or deceptive lighting this looks to be the best PERS on a non-makeup-wearing character we've ever seen.

Yep. Did not expect this level of improvement on the headsculpts. The hair could be better sculpted but other than that these look amazing. And unless we're seeing photoshop and/or deceptive lighting this looks to be the best PERS on a non-makeup-wearing character we've ever seen.

Yep, I've always though the DX09 had the best execution of PERS but this definitely could rival that.

Looks great from the neck down. Not impressed with the heads. Looks super-waxy and cheap compared to the prototype, a trend that continues for Hot Toys. And the facial scars on the final product don't even come close to replicating the prototype. From a distance however, like in the wider photos, he looks fantastic all around.

That's the pics. Honestly, that's why I'm not overly crazy about OMG,Luka or Elljay pics. To me, most HT sculpts looks like that in those super up close, hi res, high production pics. But that's me....

Earlier it was mentioned that the DX10 head looked smaller next to the DX13. The same was said about the old Jack Joker sculpt in comparison to the new one. As I mentioned in another thread, I wonder if this is an attempt to move away from undersized sculpts?

Have to say, a little disappointed with the waxiness of the head sculpts. Could do with more detail. I'm gonna say it. They look soft, and now shiny, that seems to be HT's new thing, got Jor-el last week and he is the same. I might have to paint my first Terminator.
Overall looks great, I'm not overly familiar with the tiny inaccuracies though. I should have him in a few days. :rock

I guess with the hair it has too look flat because of the PERS. but then you look at both DX Ledger Jokers and you can see they can make the hair pretty realistic with the PERS :dunno

Anyway fantastic looking figure nonetheless. :clap

Did EB only make the BD version in 1/4 scale only or did they do 1/6 as well?

Have to say, a little disappointed with the waxiness of the head sculpts. Could do with more detail. I'm gonna say it. They look soft, and now shiny, that seems to be HT's new thing, got Jor-el last week and he is the same. I might have to paint my first Terminator.
Overall looks great, I'm not overly familiar with the tiny inaccuracies though. I should have him in a few days. :rock

2gske8y.jpg

I guess with the hair it has too look flat because of the PERS. but then you look at both DX Ledger Jokers and you can see they can make the hair pretty realistic with the PERS :dunno

Anyway fantastic looking figure nonetheless. :clap

Did EB only make the BD version in 1/4 scale only or did they do 1/6 as well?

Only 1/4.

Well how do you feel about DX10's paint? That looks so friggin flat to DX13's paint.

Well it would though? It's not BD? And I'm not talking about the paint app, i'm talking about the soft shiny vinyl look that the skin has on a lot of HT's new releases. It's a moulding, manufacturing thing.

What are those man? Fixable?

You went there!

At least it looks like they have recovered a fair bit on that front since the DX10 came out.

Well it would though? It's not BD? And I'm not talking about the paint app, i'm talking about the soft shiny vinyl look that the skin has on a lot of HT's new releases.

Well yeah I'll give you that, Hot Toys face's do look flat lately. But is there any that weren't? DX13 does have more than one tone on it's face.

You went there!

At least it looks like they have recovered a fair bit on that front since the DX10 came out.

I thought they were getting better again (the DX Mime joker especially is as sharp as ****) but I was really let down by the finish on Jor-el, which is still another great release. Having that in hand and looking at these pics, I think I know how it's gonna look. Not a deal breaker though, and yeah, miles better than the DX10. I think that's the blood and extra detailing though.

Could one rationalise waxy as 'sweaty' perhaps? This is based on the steel mill appearance afterall.

Not what HT intended given that all their heads are like this nowadays but still...excusable in this case I think.

Back