Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Nice set up.

I'm a fan of custom cabinetry :)

They look custom but all the white cabinets are from Ikea. I really like them since they are made very sturdy and strong.
Some of the statues on top, like the World War Hulk weighs as much as 35 lbs.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Sweet wall to wall set up :rock

That's your office? :thud:

They look custom but all the white cabinets are from Ikea. I really like them since they are made very sturdy and strong.
Some of the statues on top, like the World War Hulk weighs as much as 35 lbs.

They look fantastic

Sweet wall to wall set up :rock

That's your office? :thud:

It's actually a man cave for myself. I guess it's an office since I put a desk in there.
As you can tell, I'm a HUGE fan of Thanos, Hulk and Batman but I also collect Hot Toys(Marvel).

Just one adapter will power all the base interior base lights. When you connect them together the power flows from one unit to the next. You will need to be creative when it comes to the slide in LED separator walls. These slide in walls take 3 AA batteries each that will not be powered by the adapter. You have to use 21 batteries or hard wire them together which takes a little skill patience and time to make. Then once you hardwire the walls you will need a second a/C to D/C adapter to power them or just splice the wiring into the primary adapter you used for the base interior lights.

All of this is much easier to understand when you have the HOA in front of you and can see how Hot Toys designed them.

it looks like i need to hire you to help me out haha:clap

If its 1.3 amps, I would buy another one of those. OR look around your house for old Cell phone chargers. I found one in my Junk box that was 5v @ 2amps. Works perfectly for the Wall Panels. So I have 2 adapters. One powers the connected bases and one powers the Wall Panels.

1 AA battery =1.5V @ 2400mAh
This means a AA battery can produce 1.5v & 2.4 amps of draw for 1 hour
3AA batteries @ 1.5V = 4.5volts
So 4.5 or 5Volts @ 2amps which is 2000 mA adapter is needed.

so when hot toys said 4.5 volts and 2000mah,

it can be 5 volts and 1300 mpah? or 3 volts and 2500mah?

i just don't understand the mechanism, when i exceed volts and mah, does it blow up

if it's below 4.5 volts or 2000 mah, is it good for my hall of armors?

Yes, if you exceed the volts you will damage the circuit.

These are designed to operate with 4.5 volts. The battery or power supply does not push the amperage to the circuit, the circuit draws the current.

You could have a 4.5 volt battery with 1000AH (amp hours) and it would not damage the circuit because it would only draw the current needed to operate the circuit.

The difference would be how long the circuit operated before the battery died.

In the case of a power supply,when the specs state that it provides 4.5vdc at 1amp, that means it can provide up to 1 amp current draw at 4.5vdc, if the circuit required more current it could damage the power supply.

There is a lot of lighting info in my Custom HOA Projects thread at https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...3782-hot-toys-custom-hall-armor-projects.html

so when hot toys said 4.5 volts and 2000mah,

it can be 5 volts and 1300 mpah? or 3 volts and 2500mah?

i just don't understand the mechanism, when i exceed volts and mah, does it blow up

if it's below 4.5 volts or 2000 mah, is it good for my hall of armors?

So I picked up a set of 4 from SSC used $30.00 in rewards, and got $39.00 in rewards back. I also picked up 3 more from Amazon for $99 each plus shipping. So I was able to get 7 Hall of Armors for $704.94. So it works out to be $100.75 per piece, not bad if I do say so myself.

That is a great deal and if you not a stickler for keeping everything together you can get an easy $25 for each extra wall and a little bit for the extra hologram sets.

Last edited:

I see that the pack of 4 Hall of Armors is back up for order again. But I noticed the price is now higher, I think it was $432.99 and now its $469.99. What gives they should keep it at the lower price so SSC can sell the rest of the stock they have.

Got my 7 HOA set up, gotta get 24 AA batteries tomorrow and get a power cord and a MARK I 2.0 for the first chamber...and it looks incredible so far...

Got my 7 HOA set up, gotta get 24 AA batteries tomorrow and get a power cord and a MARK I 2.0 for the first chamber...and it looks incredible so far...

I would install the dowel rods and hard wire the walls. The batteries will decay at different rates giving you inconsistent wall edge lighting and turn them on and off sucks.

If you can't make the dowel rod adapters I can make a set for you cheap.

I would install the dowel rods and hard wire the walls. The batteries will decay at different rates giving you inconsistent wall edge lighting and turn them on and off sucks.

If you can't make the dowel rod adapters I can make a set for you cheap.

Can I ask first, what is a dowel rod adapter? I am still annoyed that HT prints in the instructions - use HT adapter to plug the set in...not included? Real nice...the guy at radio shack asked what kind of "end" it has...still trying to figure that out...I am going to take one of the House Party chambers in tomorrow to get the right 'end' unless someone knows the name of what end we need for a power adapter ???

I only picked 1 up, as I am not a HUGE Iron man fan, I though 1 would look kind of silly but gave it a shot anyway. So far it looks ok, and loving it.
So I reviewed it for those who are planning to pick up one or couple just to see it would fit your display.

I wish they would throw a discounted 4-7 pack of these on SSC for black friday. Would definitely be willing to drop the coin on it with.

I wish the single version would go on sale. I only want one.

I wish they would throw a discounted 4-7 pack of these on SSC for black friday. Would definitely be willing to drop the coin on it with.

I second the motion! :lol

I'd be in for another set of 7 if they went on sale.

Just picked up a bunch of these... For people in the UK, can you recommend any particular AC/DC adaptor?

Read a alot about people using the wrong one and blowing some of the LEDs and its just made me a little nervous!

Back