Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Looks awesome! Did you custom build and sink the other display into the wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! To which other display are you referring...the ticket booth? If so, then yes, it is also custom-built and is sunk into the wall. The candy counter and backlit movie poster lightbox are also customs...saved a lot of money that way and had tons of fun building them with/learning from a good friend of mine. :)

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Has there been any negative qualities about these? I've been so caught up in getting a set I never bothered to look if there were any negative feedback
I will say that they aren't the most well-constructed things I've ever seen. They are made of plastic, of course, and there are some tolerances in the build quality, relative to each other. But having said that, all of that just melts away once you see them lit up with the figures inside. At this point, the only beef I have, as previously mentioned, is that they just aren't as bright as I expected (I'm sure many people say that about me after making my acquaintance :lol). I think I was expecting a more comprehensive wash of light over the figures, thus calling attention to them inside the halls, but instead, the lighting effect is much more subtle...more accent lighting than functional lighting, I would say. In a room with higher overall brightness, I'm betting they would appear brighter, however. My lobby is intentionally a little bit darker.

Alright, so I feel mega stupid. I had no idea that the walls could light up :slap. IDK if it was misinformation or if I just misunderstood, but I read a few times a while back that they required a mod to function. With that belief in mind, I completely looked over that part in the instructions and didn't realize they functioned until I went to recently change the batteries for the first time :ohbfrank:

Alright, so I feel mega stupid. I had no idea that the walls could light up :slap. IDK if it was misinformation or if I just misunderstood, but I read a few times a while back that they required a mod to function. With that belief in mind, I completely looked over that part in the instructions and didn't realize they functioned until I went to recently change the batteries for the first time :ohbfrank:

Nice pics and I glad you discovered the wall lights! They add to the effect. The mod you might have been thinking of removes the batteries and powers the walls via electricity.

Hi guys i have just recently started displaying my Hall of Armor iam using Batteries at the moment but figured i need to buy a reliable Adapter for me to fully enjoy the the display with that said, can anyone suggest what adapter i need to buy can anyone provide an active amazon or ebay link that i can purhase? I'am thinking of purchasing this one for my Delorean Car as suggested in the Delorean thread and it got me thinking might as well buy an adapter for my HoA as well .. I hope someone can help me (btw i would rather pay a bit more just to be sure that i will be using a good quality adaptor )

For my Delorean thinking of buying this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Hosa-Cable-AC...s=hosa+cable+acd477+universal+ac+power+supply

Looks like this is getting a re-issue.

**** that show us a DC Mark 1 with all new cave Tony Stark!

I had a set of 4 and bought three separately, I eventually sold them all, regretted it. Now I get a chance to get them again!!! And now we can put the Diecast Mark II-VII in there. Hopefully Hot Toys will make a diecast Mark I.

I'm surprised it took them this long to reissue these. I didn't get the original release. Instant BBTS order of they offer them.

Is this is a straight re-release or did they do something different to them?

The Hot Toys Facebook post about this is so toxic I swear. Every other post feels like people complaining about other things that aren’t released yet.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who missed out on so much by getting into the collecting game so late (DC MK3 was my first Iron Man) so I love these reissues giving me a chance at things I would otherwise have to trade my newborn for. I passed up on the Gantry in hopes that they would go this route, so I’m pumped about this!

The Hot Toys Facebook post about this is so toxic I swear. Every other post feels like people complaining about other things that aren’t released yet.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who missed out on so much by getting into the collecting game so late (DC MK3 was my first Iron Man) so I love these reissues giving me a chance at things I would otherwise have to trade my newborn for. I passed up on the Gantry in hopes that they would go this route, so I’m pumped about this!

Yes, it's soo annoying all the whine and complaining about when's this figure coming out, when's that figure coming out. I only go on Hot Toys facebook page when something Iron Man related is announced.

Had always considered getting one and then never did. I’ll probably pick up a single.

How much could these potentially run for?

How much could these potentially run for?

These were the original prices
Hall of Armor Iron Man 2 Set of 1 DS-001A $129.99
Hall of Armor Iron Man 2 set of 4 DS-001B $469.99
Hall of Armor Iron Man 2 Set of 7 DS-001C $799.99

So the new prices could be:
$150.00 for the one piece
$490.00 for the four piece
$900.00 for the seven piece

Now these are just my guesses. I hope that I am wrong and they are lower.

Where’s Drax?? Where’s Drax??

That’s all I see when I look at the comments, which I rarely do anymore.

Terrible.

thanks, i hope so too but not likely

These were the original prices
Hall of Armor Iron Man 2 Set of 1 DS-001A $129.99
Hall of Armor Iron Man 2 set of 4 DS-001B $469.99
Hall of Armor Iron Man 2 Set of 7 DS-001C $799.99

So the new prices could be:
$150.00 for the one piece
$490.00 for the four piece
$900.00 for the seven piece

Now these are just my guesses. I hope that I am wrong and they are lower.

I literally just bought a single one last weekend for $150 shipped and should be here today. I am still picking up the complete set of these

Back