Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

oh yeah forgot about the prodigals son. I'm going to grab one more bay and I am done for my uses. Plan on using the stands the new ones come with and build a second level with the extra walls from the set of 7 I have.

Not worth the money to by a second set for me when the new bases are more movie accurate and would be pretty cost effective to build a box to house the others in.

I don't think the hall of armor will get deep discounted for any of the sets of 7 though. About every place is just about dry save a few places. Sideshow certainly will not deep discount it. They've had the gantry now forever and never take more than 50 off. They'll let it collect dust before taking the hit. :lol

My guess is best price will be 625-650 USD shipped range for the low end on a set of 7. Of course that is just my opinion and the speculator in me. :)

I believe Corner Store Comics had it for 25% off which with shipping outside CA would have been in that range.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

the set looks great. Makes for a great display if you have the room. BUT. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for the set of 7. They are ridiculously overpriced it's not even funny.

$50 dollars USD would have been a perfect price point per bay and a discount for the bundles. They are hard to justify full price that is for sure.

I just put up the 4-set. Very cool and delivers in expectations. I can see why they are pricey actually. The one big bummer is that each divider panel/wall in between each figure must run on batteries even if you do have an AC plug as the manual suggests. All the rest of the lights can all run on a single power cable but each divider panel will always need 3 AA batteries in each and every panel AND have to each be turned on manually. Wtf. I'm hoping someone can tell me I got it all wrong. The reason I got these was for "ease of use". Still glad I got them for easy display but that sure is disappointing.

I'll try and snap some pics this weekend. I have it fixed to flooring so it will be hard to see anything but the lead wires going in to each wall. But I'll post something to show and list the supplies.
:monkey3 Just excited to try and get a crack at it. :lol

Here's my little step by step for getting the side walls together posted earlier in this thread.....

LINKING SIDE WALLS MOD:

A real easy way to get these wired requires a few little things.

- 20 gauge wire
- 3/8 Dow wood rod
- steel tacks
- mini transformer adapter for a 2 wire +\- power strip

Wiring steps:
1. Cut the bell wire to proper length.
2. Strip the ends and loop a copper hoop around the steel tack.
3 cut the 3/8 Dow rod Dow to the size of a AA battery.
4. Hammer the steel tack with wire ends down into the dow rod for 1 end. Should look like pic below.

Then just place the metal tack ends to the top and bottom of the hall walls so the +\- are set. ( I used red for hot or +).
Feed the wall into the matched walls and pull out of the back.

The last step is to connect all of the paired connections to a power link. I need to order one, but I believe Ikea has them in the lighting section with the Dioder LEDs. When I order mine or acquire one I will update this post.

But after you wire in the other walls and feed the wires through, now the sides can be controlled easily with a control switch, dimmers or a remote.

Hope this helps for anybody not wanting to use batteries and worry about turning them all on and off on the display.:peace

I used the Ikea LED housing for their Puck lights to consolidate all of the bell wires. It looks like this. (Sorry not at home right now for the actual pic)

1_ikea_grundtal_3_spot_puck_task_lights_instructions_11.jpg

The Mammy got me the Cosbaby 8 Pack... didn't come with HOA so had to make it up in Photoshop...

From this...
T2v8RlXshXXXXXXXXX_1681335968.jpg

To this...
HallofArmor8Pod.jpg

I used the Ikea LED housing for their Puck lights to consolidate all of the bell wires. It looks like this. (Sorry not at home right now for the actual pic)

1_ikea_grundtal_3_spot_puck_task_lights_instructions_11.jpg

Thanks for the tutorial. Can you give me more details on how to consolidate all of the bell wires? Did you use more than one LED housing? And is it possible to purchase only the IKEA LED housing without purchasing the puck lights? Thanks.

Thanks for the tutorial. Can you give me more details on how to consolidate all of the bell wires? Did you use more than one LED housing? And is it possible to purchase only the IKEA LED housing without purchasing the puck lights? Thanks.

I have a Positive and a Negative Cat5 wire coming from each of my Wall Panels. Once I had all my Walls installed I took all of the Cat5 twisted pairs and cable tied them nicely into one bundle. Then I took all the positives and used a Barrel that you crimp to make my connection to the Positive of the A/C adapter. Same for the Negative. So yes you can use a little housing box, but a nice Crimping barrel will do just fine, and give you a solid connection

Rather odd request but is anyone willing to part with their brown shipping box for the Set of 4? I need it but I threw mine out by mistake. If anyone is willing to ship it to me, please PM me. I'll be covering the shipping cost of course. This would help me out a lot to whoever is willing to part with their brown shipper.

Help. I think I burnt out all the lights on my Hall of Armor 4 set. I had them daisy chained and looked great for two weeks and then all of a sudden tonight ALL the led blue lights are almost burnt out. I had them connected using a 7volt power adapter. Manual says to use 4.5volt so that would make it my fault. Rookie to this hobby and I didn't pay careful attention to such vital details. Help me please if you know where I can get replacement bulbs. The reason I know they are burnt is because I put brand new batteries in 1 hall and noticed the lights are still barely noticeable and almost dead in it and look exactly like when they are plugged in. Can the bulbs be replaced easily?

I doubt it.
Usually they are soldered in place. You'd have to cut them out, get replacements and solder them in yourself.

Help. I think I burnt out all the lights on my Hall of Armor 4 set. I had them daisy chained and looked great for two weeks and then all of a sudden tonight ALL the led blue lights are almost burnt out. I had them connected using a 7volt power adapter. Manual says to use 4.5volt so that would make it my fault. Rookie to this hobby and I didn't pay careful attention to such vital details. Help me please if you know where I can get replacement bulbs. The reason I know they are burnt is because I put brand new batteries in 1 hall and noticed the lights are still barely noticeable and almost dead in it and look exactly like when they are plugged in. Can the bulbs be replaced easily?

Damn dude that sucks. Did you get it from Sideshow or another good retailer? If so I would see if they could help you out

Very cool how you have Tony working in his shop. Thumbs up for a great pic.... :clap
:hi5:

Thought I'd share some of my photos as well. I put 2 stacks on top of each other to create an 8 piece set, which is just perfect for mark I to VII + War Machine. I left my Mark VII and Tony Stark in another house though so I cant show them in these photos right now unfortunately. Also I'll need to get batteries or do the mod to light up the side panels. So I'll update new photos again in a few weeks with the complete armor set once I get them back, here's what I have so far, really happy with my purchase.

Last edited:

Those look amazing stacked. I may have to do the same thing, though I'll have to buy another one. I'm reorganizing my displays and having the Hall of Armor connected 7 across looks great but takes up a ton of space.

Back