Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I'm happy to see more people getting this set, but I feel a lot of people are waiting for it to go on clearance. I have seen the set on Ebay shipped for 750 already which is the best price going so far. BBTS seems to be offering the PO price of 740 plus 65 shipping. SSC is holding steady at retail price 799 plus 60 shipping.

I'm all in on the House party Protocol armors, but not sure how to display them. I saw a person that stacked 3 HOA units on top of each other building a tower of 9 HOA units. It looks pretty cool like that since you still get the Curved effect.

I may just keep my "Workshop" HOA diorama setup the way it is now and build a new Diorama for the House Party Protocol Armors. I guess I'm trying to decide on waiting for these sets of 7 HOA units to go on clearance and buy 5 more sets, or use the New circular bases that come with all the new Armors to make my own creation.

Maybe HT will produce a Movie accurate TUBE of Armor like what we saw in the movie for like 10 seconds.

Ah this hobby is nuts :gah:

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I think people are mad personally, you spend between €200-400 on these Iron Men figures only to be stood up straight and behind stat sheets.

such sweet set ups!!! If i buy the gantry set that comes with iron man, is that the IM2 one that comes with the ray bans and donuts :) ?

I think people are mad personally, you spend between €200-400 on these Iron Men figures only to be stood up straight and behind stat sheets.

I think so too, but on the other hand if you have the money and you personally don't mind it, then I say why not? Heck if you have enough to spend, you can even buy double IM suits, one for separate posing/dynamic-looking dioramas and the other for the HOA display.

I kind of agree with you. Before I purchased the HOA I only had a Picture of the HOA as my background. I had all my Iron man Armors 1-7 standing in front of each picture.

The HOA really cleaned up my Diorama and made it look more real. Just in my personal opinion if you want a Clean movie look get the HOA and pose them inside, if you want a Dynamic look save yourself the money on the HOA.

BEFORE THE HOA:

HOA by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

AFTER THE HOA:

HOA display by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

I think so too, but on the other hand if you have the money and you personally don't mind it, then I say why not? Heck if you have enough to spend, you can even buy double IM suits, one for separate posing/dynamic-looking dioramas and the other for the HOA display.

That's exactly what I did. Two (and three for many) of every armor. Have the others as standbys for Whiplash, Iron Monger and War Machine on other shelves.

If a person has not seen this setup live and in color, they would be skeptical of how fantastic it really is. But for my money it is by FAR the coolest looking display I have. My friends jaws drop when they see my workshop.

DSC_0050_zps6c4a2ec1.jpg

DSC_0051_zps46b87f33.jpg

Last edited:

such sweet set ups!!! If i buy the gantry set that comes with iron man, is that the IM2 one that comes with the ray bans and donuts :) ?

The Gantry set was my first purchase from Sideshow. You get the Mark IV figure but no ray bans or donuts. Those extras are usually on eBay though. Still a great figure and the gantry is awesome.

That's exactly what I did. Two (and three for many) of every armor. Have the others as standbys for Whiplash, Iron Monger and War Machine on other shelves.

If a person has not seen this setup live and in color, they would be skeptical of how fantastic it really is. But for my money it is by FAR the coolest looking display I have. My friends jaws drop when they see my workshop.

Yup exactly. I mean I didn't think much of them when HT first put out photos of the HOA, but seeing them all lined up like in those photos actually looks pretty damn amazing.

Any chance you can share how you have your wires running in the back for the side mod you did? I know you said you would post one but not sure if you did or not. I'm thinking of doing the side mod wall myself and would like to see how you have it running and connected to an adapter. Trying to have a checklist down before I go hunting for all the supplies needed.

Any chance you can share how you have your wires running in the back for the side mod you did? I know you said you would post one but not sure if you did or not. I'm thinking of doing the side mod wall myself and would like to see how you have it running and connected to an adapter. Trying to have a checklist down before I go hunting for all the supplies needed.

I'll try and snap some pics this weekend. I have it fixed to flooring so it will be hard to see anything but the lead wires going in to each wall. But I'll post something to show and list the supplies.

I hate to ask but if possible could one of you awesome gents take a photo of War Machine inside one of the HOA cubbies?

Should I sell my gantry and get the hall of armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes a little bit. Are you wanting to know if he fits fully armed and shoulder gun in the up position?

Yes but looking at your photo it looks like he'll be fine with the gun pointing out. I am considering jumping into the deep end and get two of the seven sets to also house all of the other armors I have on PO.

the set looks great. Makes for a great display if you have the room. BUT. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for the set of 7. They are ridiculously overpriced it's not even funny.

Yes but looking at your photo it looks like he'll be fine with the gun pointing out. I am considering jumping into the deep end and get two of the seven sets to also house all of the other armors I have on PO.

That's cool, so would you put these in:

Midas, WM 2.0, Mark 42, Heartbreaker, Iron Patriot , Silver Cent, Star boost (Stupid name).

Those would be another 7. Definitely be a good color contrasting look with heartbreaker the only red and gold armor.

Igor and Red Disaster wouldn't fit into the halls obviously. Marks 1-7 fits with plenty of room though.

That's cool, so would you put these in:

Midas, WM 2.0, Mark 42, Heartbreaker, Iron Patriot , Silver Cent, Star boost (Stupid name).

Those would be another 7. Definitely be a good color contrasting look with heartbreaker the only red and gold armor.

Igor and Red Disaster wouldn't fit into the halls obviously. Marks 1-7 fits with plenty of room though.

If the HOA ever goes on a sale somewhere, I may buy another. My plan would be to put in Mark XLII, Heartbreaker, Silver centurion, Starboost, WM, WM 2.0, IP and assemble the 2 full HOA one on top of the other.

Back