Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

i want to do it like this too. wow. nice idea, dude.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

i want to do it like this too. wow. nice idea, dude.

I wasn't my idea, I just found a way to do it with a single power supply.

If you were asking me for additional pics let me know what you are looking for in particular.

When I first got into this I didn’t think I had the rom to display the 1/6 scale HOA bays so I built a custom 1/12 scale HOA for the Revoltech Figures.

However, I bought a 4 pack of the Hot Toys HOA bays to do some experimenting and just to get them out of the way I set them on top of the entertainment center I built when we did the Den reno.

Well my wife said she liked them up there and said it would look better if they were all the way across the top.

OK

We are perfectly happy with the 1/12 scale HOA for the original 7 Marks but now we have decided a place to display our Mark 42 and the House Party Armors. I plan on getting 4 of the House Party Armors this year and I’m sure others will come out.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to put 9-13 bays on top of the entertainment center.

I already have plans to build soffits or a trey ceiling to make the 4 corners look better but now I think I’m going to extend the entertainment center up to the soffit to make it look built in.

The only problem I have is depth. The deepest I can go with out modifying the HOA bays is 9 units.

I would like 11-13 but to make them fit I will have to find a way to display them in a straight line. This could be accomplished 2 different ways.

I could make wedge shape wall adapters and use them to fill the gaps you would have by setting bays in a straight line and I could fit 11 bays in the area I have to work with.

OR

I could cut the bays straight and then I could fit 13.

Either way this is going to be a fun project Smile

can someone with the set of 4 please measure the width in inches for me please? Trying to see if it would fit on top of two detolfs placed next to each other Thanks in advance!

can someone with the set of 4 please measure the width in inches for me please? Trying to see if it would fit on top of two detolfs placed next to each other Thanks in advance!

Since it makes that slight arc when they are connected the longest distance is rear corner to rear corner. I got 35½" on the nose

I'm really interested in owning a few of these but I only have 3 suits( mark vii, wm mk ii, mark 42 on p/o).. I would love to see some pics of just one or two in place, I just think you'd need the whole set of 7 for it to look good.. Idk

I guess it depends on your display and set up but I think a mini dio with even 1 could look good. I'm adding one more to my mix this week but I have 4 in my current set up. You don't need all 7 for it to look good :wink1:

I guess it depends on your display and set up but I think a mini dio with even 1 could look good. I'm adding one more to my mix this week but I have 4 in my current set up. You don't need all 7 for it to look good :wink1:

You are absoultey right.. With a proper setup even one could look nice. Just bought one and this looks amazing with my mk VII inside. Will buy 3 more to make a workshop dio

I was on the fence for a while because of the discussion of price etc really turned a lot of people off from buying. You have to see this on hand to understand why these plastic boxes cost over 140. To me it's a must have if you have 4 or more armors

If you have the space and funds I'd seriously consider it. It's a really good look

Haha yea I'm actually planning on getting a set, been putting a lil away each month for like half a year for this >_<

I got mine at Forbidden Planet in NYC- they were selling for $120 each ( I know not cheap, but I bought them over two months).
I was only going to get four, but ended up getting eight. Since I live in a Manhattan apt with limited space, I ended up using two sets of four on shelves on the wall
for some of IM's I have. image.jpg

Finally got around to adding one more to my set up last night. 5 actually fit perfectly in the space that I'm using; loving these!

Yes, I know. I forgot to change the fists to hands on III & VII and to turn on Stark's arc :slap

You are absoultey right.. With a proper setup even one could look nice. Just bought one and this looks amazing with my mk VII inside. Will buy 3 more to make a workshop dio

Nice, I'm glad you went for it :duff

I got mine at Forbidden Planet in NYC- they were selling for $120 each ( I know not cheap, but I bought them over two months).
I was only going to get four, but ended up getting eight. Since I live in a Manhattan apt with limited space, I ended up using two sets of four on shelves on the wall
for some of IM's I have. View attachment 104705

Nice set up and good way to utilize that scarce Manhattan real estate. Do you have space to sit in that room now that the HOA is in there? :lol :wink1:

I need to get one more hall so I can start building the "Party" level to my workshop dio. Well, one more bay and HT to release more damn suits. :lol

Really need to get around to doing your light up mod. Are you using a standard 4.5v adapter to light up all 7 base lights?

Back