HOT TOYS DAVY JONES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought the HT Davy Jones on eBay. Height-wise, it is short compared to the usual HT figures. But when displayed with the Medicom RAH Jack Sparrow, it ironically looks good!

HT should recognize that Depp wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if he didn't have a stellar cast around him.

I think the biggest problem with Davy was that most of the merchandise was more based on the concept art rather than the final design. I think a Davy 2.0 would blow away anything that HT has done recently.

I'm searching one myself but even though it's a little sad that it's so hard to find it now I think it's better this way than as if there was a 2.0 or something like that.

Think so because Hot Toys will surely destroy their own market one day if they re-release each and every figure again and again and it's not to bad for their image and our feeling about the figures if there are at least some figures that stay legendary.

Otherwise there will be a mass of every type of figure one day and probably nearly none of them will keep it's worth (as seen with the Tumbler and the Mark I...), which will also mean that Hot Toys wouldn't be able to charge such high prices as they do now.

I think it's fair for the most popular characters to re-release them when they didn't do that well the first time, the stuff with Batman is a bit overboard though. Like Joker 2.0 is awesome but not necessary

They could do this one so much better now though I'd really like them to redo it.

I think it's fair for the most popular characters to re-release them when they didn't do that well the first time, the stuff with Batman is a bit overboard though. Like Joker 2.0 is awesome but not necessary

They could do this one so much better now though I'd really like them to redo it.

I found it necessary because I missed him the first time! lol
now I'm REALLY hoping they will do a Davy Jones 2.0. he is HARD to find.

Well, he is dead...and POTC 5 will have a new villian...if not Angelica as a villian too...so you may want to try looking in the board marketplace...people do offer them for sale...from time to time...

I've already posted in the Want forum but thought it might help to mention here too - I am looking for Davy's pipe - any leads appreciated.

He really deserves a re-release. I own this figure and enjoy how much has this guy fetch, but I really hope HT release him again with the current standard they have!

I wouldn't hesitate to buy him again..

But again who am I that HT would listen to me. There's too much Iron, Pred and Bats in HT's mind lol.

i want this figure but its not easy to get this year :(

i have found one but 90% complete, missed the sword and holder

i want a complete one hmz

I think this is the line that needs revisiting on all major characters. Imagine how cool davy would be if remade? I agree we need barbossa.

Back