HOT TOYS DAVY JONES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed the crab leg on mine is severely bent at the tip. I guess having him stand on it these past 7 years is causing it to buckle under pressure. Anyone else having this problem?

Jones.jpg

I haven't had mine nearly as long but I checked anyway. Mine has a slight curve, def not straight as an arrow, whereas the angle of yours is much sharper.

I don't know if it matters, but the crab leg on mine is displayed pointing inward, at say 4'oclock whereas yours is outward approx 10 o'clock.

Maybe the crab leg on yours is rotated incorrectly and causing this? Or maybe mine is wrong? I have no idea, just something I noticed. :lol

Here's a product photo maybe you can compare to:

1POTC3_DavyJones.jpg

do you guys not use stands? Should've that help??

Either way, I'm jelly of both of yall for having one :lol I've always wanted this figure :(

:lol Mine is on a stand, but that's a good question! I think if mine were bending like his I'd prop the crotch grabber up a bit and try and alleviate the weight on it. :huh

do you guys not use stands? Should've that help??(

I refuse to use stands, those black discs break up the "illusion of reality". Either way, I don't think the strength of the stand would be able to hold the figure up high enough to relieve the pressure on that point of the crab leg. The stand is designed to stop a figure from tipping over, friction holds the wire part up, but the weight of the figure would just push the stand back down, so I don't think it would work.

In any case, I just dunked it in hot water and it slowly straightened itself out. . . so all's well.

Im having a problem coming to terms with this being 7 years Old!!!!! :horror:horror:horror

I went back to the first post to see when the thread was started. . . twas a surprise.

Kinda funny though, I pulled him out the cabinet to inspect, and no damage or anything like that, this thing is fully "rubber" or rather soft PVC. So, I remain convinced that all this "rubber rot" stuff that's going around is just poor handling or adverse weather conditions.

I refuse to use stands, those black discs break up the "illusion of reality". Either way, I don't think the strength of the stand would be able to hold the figure up high enough to relieve the pressure on that point of the crab leg. The stand is designed to stop a figure from tipping over, friction holds the wire part up, but the weight of the figure would just push the stand back down, so I don't think it would work.

In any case, I just dunked it in hot water and it slowly straightened itself out. . . so all's well.

Glad to hear you got it straightened out (no pun intended). I get why you don't like stands, many collectors don't for that very reason. I like them. I like having a base to display them on. But anywhoo, I will say that I think you're a tad wrong about stands and it falling back if elevated from weight. I have many superman figures and 3 out of the 5 are in flight poses with the "crotch grabber" extended well above standard height. None have fallen back down in the weeks they've been in these flight poses. Even with how heavy Zod is, the "crotch grabber" can still elevate him. Food for thought :wink1:

Hello , what is the good price for this one in Inspection Only condition ( figure stay in the box 7 years ) and full pack with perfect shape of the box ?
Anyone interested ?

If I still had Sparrow I would be. This was the companion piece I wanted with him years ago. GL with the sale.

I think the same. Just in pair with Sparrow they are looks great.

Thanks!

Finally got the real deal Davy MIB for a decent price and love it! Easily one of my top three figures of all time.

ATVLvy3.png

And here he is with the rest of my Pirates collection.

tbHpX76.png

Back