1/6 Hot Toys - Contest of Champions Venompool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a waste of time because NECA could produce something as good as this. A hunk of molded plastic isn’t something I, nor many collectors, want Hot Toys to spend time on. I’d like to believe most buy Hot Toys because of the head sculpts, cloth goods, and the level of accuracy/detail is something few companies could match. This doesn’t fall into any of the above categories. This a very niche item and somewhat stupid when a regular Venom would sell better.

Mmkay. Well it's up for order, so this is a moot point. Your opinion about how HT spends its production time is irrelevant.

Honestly, if HTs direction as a company was dictated by what a bunch of nerds on a forum "wanted" we'd already have Vulture, Crossbones, Yellowjacket, etc.

HT is a privately owned company. They can make whatever they want to make, and they don't need to answer to or explain it to anyone. *shrug*

ANYWAY... Listing says 20 points of articulation and newly developed body, so I guess not quite so stiff after all. May pick one up, just for fun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Out of all the possible characters, I'm still surprised they went with this honestly. Even more shocked it's going into production.

View attachment 461959

ngl theres a lot characters in there I'd want. All the X-men, Juggernaut, Red Hulk, X-23, Carnage, Omega Red, Bishop, Green Goblin, Sentinel.

I don't know why they picked Venompool, but I hope they keep going and get to the bigger names.

I have no clue about the comic this is from (or not from) but I'm so in! Deadpool is my favorite marvel character and this looks super unique.

This thing is ****ing awesome! It blows my mind how some of you actually cry over getting something as unique as this. Good on Hot Toys for thinking outside the box and developing an entirely new body for such an obscure character. I hope this trend continues and we get a Cosmic Ghost Rider someday.

I still love and play this game till this day. Even I being the fan that I am cannot co-sign this figure. Especially for that price point ��

This thing is ****ing awesome! It blows my mind how some of you actually cry over getting something as unique as this. Good on Hot Toys for thinking outside the box and developing an entirely new body for such an obscure character. I hope this trend continues and we get a Cosmic Ghost Rider someday.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool and unique piece, but has zero place in my display. It's not like HT is going to start a Contest of Champions line. This is for people who absolutely love Deadpool and/or Venom and for people with space and money to burn.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool and unique piece, but has zero place in my display. It's not like HT is going to start a Contest of Champions line. This is for people who absolutely love Deadpool and/or Venom and for people with space and money to burn.
They're not? This is their second figure from that line in the last couple of months.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wow...you know me so well.

Looks like it does have lower body articulation to me
Yeah, but not much that we can see from the con and the promo pics do not indicate much.
Also I went back to compare the articulation details with Thanos and found that they are both newly sculpted body possibly with similar articulation.

Thanos:
Newly sculpted purple-skinned muscular body featuring detailed skin texture with over 20 points of articulations, built-in joints in neck and arms with seamless elbow joints

Venompool:
Newly developed specialized body with over 20 points of articulation

It's a necca toy. 100.00 tops.

NECA wishes their toy's were that quality. :lol

I want to order this, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I really can't think of a place for him in my collection that would justify the space he would take up... Good thing I have a lot of time to decide.

This thing looks pretty good.. but it's bulk and origin (not going to fit in most collections) makes me feel like this won't sell well.

I apologize for possibly off-topic, but I need to spread this. From my instagram post:
Hello collectors friends and my favorite company hot toys! Sorry for my english, all text is translated. I would like to talk about the problem of using a license for the game Marvel future fight and Contest of champions. Many of you know that ht announced 2 figures for these games - wm punisher and venompool. Some have even purchased or want to do so. But many of the fans were baffled by the venompool figure's announcement. Few people asked for it and generally wanted it. This image is not the most popular and I sincerely do not understand why ht decided to make it, and not other more interesting characters from this game. Perhaps this is due to license issues, but if not, then why didn't you make a regular venom? He is a very popular character and still does not have a good 1/6 figure (The fact that ht released in honor of the 80th anniversary can hardly be called a premium figure)
It seems like ht don't understand what collectors want. This was understandable when they released scarlet spider as a limited edition, not knowing it would sell very well. Therefore, as a huge fan of ht and marvel, I would like to show what ht can release after venompool under a future fight or contest of champions license. I want to say in advance that all these characters have already become cult and they will definitely sell well as scarlet spider in due time
1.venom - there is little to say, its popularity is off the charts and it would be instantly sold out
2.-spiderman in a black suit-most likely ht is waiting and wants to make it according to marvels spiderman 2 on ps5, but I think that this needs to be done now since the 1st-second part of the spider will not be released soon and before it a year or even two , besides, it will take the same amount of time until you produce the figure, 2-in-game black suit will most likely differ from the comic one, so you could make it in two versions: 1 future fight untethered for comics and 2 for ps5
3.carnage-
4.green goblin
5.dock ock
6.black cat
7.Rhino - We could get this guy instead of venompool ...
8.superior spiderman - the sequel to spiderman on ps5 may not be
9.wolwerine - instant pre-order for all fans
10.daredevil
11.doctor doom
12.red hulk
And many others. Here I have collected only what, in my opinion, everyone wants, but there are still many opportunities for using the license. This game contains many characters that people want. Just give us what we want. You don't release comic-book figures and that upsets many, but you can get around it with future fight and contest of champions. Please ht listen to us, you will get a lot of money and we are great figures (just look at punisher wm and imagine a daredevil of this level of quality) my post https://www.instagram.com/p/CCyvD5nATPB/
Suggest your ideas on using the future fight and contest of champions license and if you agree with me, please spread this opinion in your facebook groups and instagram accounts and maybe they will hear us.
AF1QipOvQ8x1dopdBS4GM313zafEH5FEcZKTkS0RRgDG
AF1QipOEvsBYE7yFvCAXUApraYccWBA6Vs_Ui7owPxF4

I apologize for possibly off-topic, but I need to spread this. From my instagram post:
Hello collectors friends and my favorite company hot toys! Sorry for my english, all text is translated. I would like to talk about the problem of using a license for the game Marvel future fight and Contest of champions. Many of you know that ht announced 2 figures for these games - wm punisher and venompool. Some have even purchased or want to do so. But many of the fans were baffled by the venompool figure's announcement. Few people asked for it and generally wanted it. This image is not the most popular and I sincerely do not understand why ht decided to make it, and not other more interesting characters from this game. Perhaps this is due to license issues, but if not, then why didn't you make a regular venom? He is a very popular character and still does not have a good 1/6 figure (The fact that ht released in honor of the 80th anniversary can hardly be called a premium figure)
It seems like ht don't understand what collectors want. This was understandable when they released scarlet spider as a limited edition, not knowing it would sell very well. Therefore, as a huge fan of ht and marvel, I would like to show what ht can release after venompool under a future fight or contest of champions license. I want to say in advance that all these characters have already become cult and they will definitely sell well as scarlet spider in due time
1.venom - there is little to say, its popularity is off the charts and it would be instantly sold out
2.-spiderman in a black suit-most likely ht is waiting and wants to make it according to marvels spiderman 2 on ps5, but I think that this needs to be done now since the 1st-second part of the spider will not be released soon and before it a year or even two , besides, it will take the same amount of time until you produce the figure, 2-in-game black suit will most likely differ from the comic one, so you could make it in two versions: 1 future fight untethered for comics and 2 for ps5
3.carnage-
4.green goblin
5.dock ock
6.black cat
7.Rhino - We could get this guy instead of venompool ...
8.superior spiderman - the sequel to spiderman on ps5 may not be
9.wolwerine - instant pre-order for all fans
10.daredevil
11.doctor doom
12.red hulk
And many others. Here I have collected only what, in my opinion, everyone wants, but there are still many opportunities for using the license. This game contains many characters that people want. Just give us what we want. You don't release comic-book figures and that upsets many, but you can get around it with future fight and contest of champions. Please ht listen to us, you will get a lot of money and we are great figures (just look at punisher wm and imagine a daredevil of this level of quality) my post https://www.instagram.com/p/CCyvD5nATPB/
Suggest your ideas on using the future fight and contest of champions license and if you agree with me, please spread this opinion in your facebook groups and instagram accounts and maybe they will hear us.
AF1QipOvQ8x1dopdBS4GM313zafEH5FEcZKTkS0RRgDG
AF1QipOEvsBYE7yFvCAXUApraYccWBA6Vs_Ui7owPxF4

Just so you know HT doesn't read these forums or instagram. Your best bet for them to see your comment at all would be to comment on their own FB/IG posts and that's about as best as you can get.

Back