1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel: Yon-Rogg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG I'm so excited for this figure! I was really hoping it would come out. So happy to have a tease picture.

I'm sure it will have an unmasked sculpt (I read in the Captain Marvel artbook that at the begining Yon-Rogg was supposed to have his helmet on more often, but they decided to show more his face in the end, that's why most of the concepts art show him with the helmet on in the early process of the movie making).

I mean, I need a Jude Law headsculpt with these yellow kree eyes

I'm so happy !!! I can't wait for this figure to be annouced by Hot Toys. I really wanted a Yon-Rogg figure! I really hope they will make an unmasked headsculpt of Jude Law.

It's rough, but I would definitely recommend not getting too excited just yet. There have unfortunately been many examples of Hot Toys previewing a figure or showing a prototype only for it not to be released. They do not have a good track record with Marvel villains either.

And if it does get released, I feel like they might skip a portrait altogether. I wonder if Jude Law was against having his likeness used as it feels like pretty much all Yon-Rogg merchandise (which is already limited) is helmeted.

No Jude Law sculpt would kill sales.

I have to admit that I agree that sales would probably be better for this figure with a Jude Law headsculpt, however I think many people including myself (for sure) would still be very interested in this figure. After all plenty of people (myself included) purchased Black Panther (Civil War) even though it didn’t come with a headsculpt option. Even if that Black Panther had come with an unmasked head sculpt I doubt if I would have used it.
Granted the situation is a little different with BP than Yon-Rogg since without a Jude Law headsculpt this could just be some random Kree Starforce fighter. That said, based on this one picture I think a lot of people would be interested in this figure regardless.

I have to admit that I agree that sales would probably be better for this figure with a Jude Law headsculpt, however I think many people including myself (for sure) would still be very interested in this figure. After all plenty of people (myself included) purchased Black Panther (Civil War) even though it didn’t come with a headsculpt option. Even if that Black Panther had come with an unmasked head sculpt I doubt if I would have used it.
Granted the situation is a little different with BP than Yon-Rogg since without a Jude Law headsculpt this could just be some random Kree Starforce fighter. That said, based on this one picture I think a lot of people would be interested in this figure regardless.

Well said. These are my thoughts exactly. I would buy this figure if it went up. I have said it before and will say it again, I think the original BP figure is amazing and better than the flashier 2.0 version. I rarely display my figures with the alternative headsculpt if the character wears a mask... it just increases the price of figures if we are given 2 sculpts...

So when will Hot Toys announce it?! I keep waiting for their Yon-Rogg Instagram post...

I of course do hope for it as well!!! Also, the Vers Starforce suit!!!!!!

At this stage never. A shame too, that Jude Law sculpt is amazing.

Yeah it seems this won't be solicited, unfortunately.. I think maybe HT thinks it won't sell as well, given how some of the previous villains were still readily available for some time. Yeah the JL sculpt is fantastic, I've also seen other 1/6 war figures with his likeness so presumably there isn't any licensing issues lol

Those figures are unlicensed by DID. He probably doesn't know about them. He did see Yon Rogg in person and approved it, but it's doubtful it will be produced.

Those figures are unlicensed by DID. He probably doesn't know about them. He did see Yon Rogg in person and approved it, but it's doubtful it will be produced.

Ah good catch, was unaware they're unlicensed lol Yeah it was cool seeing him hold the figure, it may have seemed like a good indicator, but alas..

Well CM is not selling well, so it's a no brainer that Yon-Rogg won't go up for preorder. It's a shame too cause I would have bought him despite not liking the film.

Well CM is not selling well, so it's a no brainer that Yon-Rogg won't go up for preorder. It's a shame too cause I would have bought him despite not liking the film.

Are you sure? I think it's an unqualified success based solely on sales to Zurdo. :lol

Seriously though, I think it still has a shot, albeit a slim one. Unlike villains like Crossbones and Yellowjacket, Yon-Rogg didn't die, so there's potential for him to show up again in a future MCU release (like CM2 if it happens).

Where is the evidence of captain marvel not selling well?

Are you sure? I think it's an unqualified success based solely on sales to Zurdo. :lol

Seriously though, I think it still has a shot, albeit a slim one. Unlike villains like Crossbones and Yellowjacket, Yon-Rogg didn't die, so there's potential for him to show up again in a future MCU release (like CM2 if it happens).

:lol True, no? :monkey3

Where is the evidence of captain marvel not selling well?

The last time I chatted with a certain vendor that I purchase from frequently, he informed me that CM was not selling well for him. By comparison he told me Nebula was selling like hot cakes!

While it's by no means scientific and granted this was several months ago, but I'm going with it!

Back