1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel: Yon-Rogg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I wish they would stop this practice only show us stuff you have approval for not still pending . What's the point you wasted your time making him and putting them on display and putting him in catalogs and then nothing.

Yellow jacket , JLcyborg, lone ranger, Loki version 1, 1/4 scale T1 terminator , Robocop 2 Cain, Prometheus, aliens loader, justice league batmobile, amazing spiderman rhino,tie fighter, falcon copit, amazing spiderman Peter parker civilian, rouge one blaze , rouge one Capt Andor, Charles Xavier xmen first class, c3p0 red arm, Poe dameron flight suit and I cant remember what else.

I dont want to see stuff unless you can take it in to production

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This post is incredibly naive of the myriad of complexities involved in bringing a figure to market, and the array of reasons that a particular figure might not reach solicitation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well the flip side is if they want collectors to invest in a line I don't think its unreasonable for collectors to want to know how many pieces we're looking at. This comes to mind with stuff like Justice League or Rogue One. Films that usually revolve around a team where you might want to get all of them, but fear being left out to dry with only a couple pieces.

This post is incredibly naive of the myriad of complexities involved in bringing a figure to market, and the array of reasons that a particular figure might not reach solicitation.

Don't get me wrong. I'm aware there are a lot of reasons these figures don't make it to the official sales level. I've been screamed at multiple times in the DC threads for saying it makes sense that Hot Toys ain't exactly rushing to put out a Cyborg figures after the way Justice League flopped, or why in the wake of that, Hot Toys understandably severely underestimated the demand for Aquaman products going into the spin-off movie.

But on a gut level, it still sucks to see prototypes of these cool figures like Vulture, Yellowjacket, Valkyrie, ect. and then never actually being able to buy them.

Yup, I wish they would stop this practice only show us stuff you have approval for not still pending . What's the point you wasted your time making him and putting them on display and putting him in catalogs and then nothing.

Yellow jacket , JLcyborg, lone ranger, Loki version 1, 1/4 scale T1 terminator , Robocop 2 Cain, Prometheus, aliens loader, justice league batmobile, amazing spiderman rhino,tie fighter, falcon copit, amazing spiderman Peter parker civilian, rouge one blaze , rouge one Capt Andor, Charles Xavier xmen first class, c3p0 red arm, Poe dameron flight suit and I cant remember what else.

I dont want to see stuff unless you can take it in to production

I'm still sore over the Xavier First Class figure.

Naive, it's poor planning thats what it is and at most a disappointment as I am sure most of us would love to get these figures as they looked great.

I wanted the 1/4 T1 Terminator. It seems they only announced it to rain on Enterbay's parade because they were doing some Terminators at the time and once Enterbay called it quits Hot Toys decided not to bother actually going ahead with it. Very crappy of them to do that.

Yeah I doubt this Yon Rogg figure will see release.

That sclipt was second to none as I now have to get the third party figure coming out but with weaker sclupt.

You remeber when they said they would be bringing a bunch of x men figures as they were having trouble getting thr likeness approved by they actors never happened I guess.

They would have sold a ton of Tonto figures had they made the lone ranger . But yeah u can keep that bench warmer .

I wanted the 1/4 T1 Terminator. It seems they only announced it to rain on Enterbay's parade because they were doing some Terminators at the time and once Enterbay called it quits Hot Toys decided not to bother actually going ahead with it. Very crappy of them to do that.

Yeah I get the same feeling too . The whole 1/4 line was in response to competition what was the name of that company that showing off all the 1/4 iron man figures none made it in to production although they had 1/6 diecast ironman suit I think that's why hot toys decided to upgrade to diecast.

The Platoon line was another missed opportunity - it really only needed 3 figures for a sense of completion - they made 2 of the 3. I then sold off the other two because what was the bloody point.

Nobody's arguing that most of us want figures that have been shown and never released. Most of us want figures that haven't even been shown, it doesn't stop us from wishing they'd get made.

But boiling down the reason for a figure not reaching solicitation to "poor planning" is also a gross oversimplification of the process.

Figures shown at trade shows/special events are not a sales pitch or a promise of product, they're a hype mechanism. Either to hype up a toy line, to get press for the Hot Toys brand, to guage interest or to promote a film (in instances like the the Endgame press junket).

HT has to start production on most prototypes months before you ever see a figure in any form. Sometimes they may prototype a figure only to figure out that its not cost effective to product, or that the materials won't hold up, or that a film ends up not doing well enough to warrant it, etc. But they've invested company time and money into producing the prototype, so it's well within their right to display it at a show in order to drum up hype for the HT brand. It's not just about whether or not you can buy the doll you want.

In the end it's no different than seeing an incredible one-off custom by a talented artist. You can't own it, but there's still value in being able to admire it via pictures.

I'd rather see a prototype of something I'd like only for it to never get released than to never see anything at all. I love collecting this stuff and I love seeing how HT approaches each character and seeing all the details recreated in 1/6. Sure its disappointing, I'd love for them to release the Ultron Sentry but that will never happen, but at least I got to see it.

Nobody's arguing that most of us want figures that have been shown and never released. Most of us want figures that haven't even been shown, it doesn't stop us from wishing they'd get made.

But boiling down the reason for a figure not reaching solicitation to "poor planning" is also a gross oversimplification of the process.

Figures shown at trade shows/special events are not a sales pitch or a promise of product, they're a hype mechanism. Either to hype up a toy line, to get press for the Hot Toys brand, to guage interest or to promote a film (in instances like the the Endgame press junket).

HT has to start production on most prototypes months before you ever see a figure in any form. Sometimes they may prototype a figure only to figure out that its not cost effective to product, or that the materials won't hold up, or that a film ends up not doing well enough to warrant it, etc. But they've invested company time and money into producing the prototype, so it's well within their right to display it at a show in order to drum up hype for the HT brand. It's not just about whether or not you can buy the doll you want.

In the end it's no different than seeing an incredible one-off custom by a talented artist. You can't own it, but there's still value in being able to admire it via pictures.
I can see your perspective they make these figures in advance and use it to gauge interest but I don think they need to go to that length to generate interest especially if it's a risky property or properties which they have not secured the rights to fully. All that time spent on risky properties takes away from legitimate potential properties.

Unless they have loads of time and money they can spend on these sorts of things.

It's just really disappointing when u see a figure like cyborg and them it basicly disappears like could every other one and show them all off and trade shows and then the last figure to complete the group is missing its disappointing

Oh wow, that's dope! I never even knew HT made a proto of that! I totally see why they decided not to put that into production, but that's a pretty solid looking proto!

It's crappy for Enterbay to go full NBA.

Enjoyed CM very much. :yess:
I'd be down for this but only with an unmasked sculpt.
I love outfit though. My shelf could use a little more green.

I absolutely do not understand how a movie can hold such a burden over your life. I mean there's disliking a film and then literally letting it consume you. It's one of the most self demeaning things I've seen. I just cannot imagine getting up and just spewing how much I hate a film every single day, let alone allowing something like that to have such bearing over my person.

Agreed. Some people have nothing else to do apparently.

Stick to discussing the figure.

Thread cleaned.

Agreed. In fact I've just remembered they were once going to make an Endoskeleton but ended up not doing it for some reason.
hot toys was directly competing with them so they backed off, probably.

Last edited:
I'm so happy !!! I can't wait for this figure to be annouced by Hot Toys. I really wanted a Yon-Rogg figure! I really hope they will make an unmasked headsculpt of Jude Law.

Back