1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you still have to pay the NRD even with the coupon. It wouldn't hurt to wait, however. If MOS is any indication, this should stick around for a good while and will be subject to a discount/sale.

I think this will sell a lot better than MoS did. The movie is bigger and people will want Supes to go,with their Batman. I don't think we'll see the deep discounts on this one.

It really comes down to how soon you want a figure. If it's a must have, I'll pay full price right outta the gate.

If you're in no hurry, wait for a discount, I think the MOS went for like $130 shipped from Sideshow.

The Exclusive is still available for PO. Unless BvS is a huge, mega hit, it'll probably still be available for a few more months. And barring HT severely cutting production, I wouldn't be surprised if the non-Exclusive is around a year from now.

It's worth noting that the two-pack EX is already sold out and Wait Listed though, so it's certainly possible the Superman EX is gonna sell out soon as well.

I'm glad I preordered the two-pack Exclusive when it was announced lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, when did the EX go to waitlist? I was gonna use this month's code on it :lol

I'll guess the decision will come down to whether that tech cowl is really worth it to jump on the WL, otherwise I'll just use 2 coupons on each figure individually.

EX's usually have value. Easily can make up 50-100 bucks a lot of the time. Marty's guitar went for like 80 bucks on ebay. Superman's kryptonite has sold for nutty $170+. Just a couple off the top of my head.

It'd be so cool if they had an alternate head with his heat vision eyes. Man that would be an instant pre order, although maybe they'll milk this for what it's worth and actually make a second alternative with him. I guess that's doubtful though, but a guy can dream

I think this will sell a lot better than MoS did. The movie is bigger and people will want Supes to go,with their Batman. I don't think we'll see the deep discounts on this one.

If it does, I don't think it will be my much. Personally, I think it'll probably sell at about the same rate as the MoS figure.

To begin with, the only people that are generally going to be buying Superman figures are fans of Supes. Next, take that crowd and essentially divide it in half because MoS pretty much divided Superman fans in half; you either liked the film, or you detested it. For those that did like the film, I imagine a handful of those are the ones that did buy the MoS figure. Now from what I've seen, it seems like the majority of people are saying that if they already possess the MoS figure then they're going to pass on this version, which I don't blame them because the MoS figure is plenty good if you only want one representation of Cavill's Supes in your collection. I haven't seen too many people say they're going to be selling their MoS Supes to get this version or getting this version while keeping their MoS Supes. I'm personally in the latter group.

Even then, with this one coming out, I don't believe that there will be much of a market for MoS Supes at the moment because those that didn't get MoS Supes and now want a Cavill Supes will probably be getting this BvS version.

It will sell out, eventually. The EX version will probably sell out first, but even then, I don't believe it will be anytime soon.

I'm happy I ordered this combo then. I went on Sideshow they don't even show the combo available anymore, just the two figures as an EX separately but without the cowl of course.

If the movie is as good as people say, I'm sure those exclusives will sell out. The BvS Superman figure looks to be a lot more screen accurate than the first Man of Steel figure which required to be customized (cape/chest emblem, non-metallic costume color) out of the box if you wanted it to be screen accurate.

I ordered the Exclusive Combo set and I've got the Man of Steel figure fully customized. I'll need the extra Superman figure to go along with the extra Batman (Armored version) figure to be displayed on a different shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back