1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I'm just seeing things but look at how badly that suit material is already appearing to bunch up at the shoulder, and his arm isn't even raised all that high.....
I wouldn't worry, I think the reason for that is the dumb torso insert used for Batman. It screws up the shoulder connection, and how the fabric fits on that figure.
Superman will be fine.

The thing is that most people think that two heroes will automatically become best friends upon meeting for the first time. Avengers fought first time they met. A hero will most likely fight another hero if considered a threat. So this is what is happening this year. Everybody is meeting lol.

The thing is that most people think that two heroes will automatically become best friends upon meeting for the first time. Avengers fought first time they met. A hero will most likely fight another hero if considered a threat. So this is what is happening this year. Everybody is meeting lol.

Or in Civil War's case, if they hang out with one another for too long and eventually realize where each one stands as far as their personal views, and then deem them a threat. :lol

Am I the only one that thinks the suit is completely the wrong color? In the movie, it seems to be a lighter shade of blue, super glossy and has a lot of details airbrushed on. The fig doesn't seem to have any of that, based on what I've seen. The material just doesn't seem right at all, to me.

Suits looks accurate to the onscreen images we ve seen so far.
You could still customize it to your liking.

Am I the only one that thinks the suit is completely the wrong color? In the movie, it seems to be a lighter shade of blue, super glossy and has a lot of details airbrushed on. The fig doesn't seem to have any of that, based on what I've seen. The material just doesn't seem right at all, to me.

I completely agree with that. I'm still waiting for it in hand as pictures are deceiving, but it looks too dark IMHO!

I wish the cape and boots were darker... not by much but yeah.

12778844_1074879309199591_6263231726355260338_o.jpg

d300dbcb-s.jpg

Material seems fine to me. It looks like it's the same material as the MoS suit, both figure and in film. The shade of blue looks sufficient to me as well. If anything, I think the red could stand to be slightly darker (same quibble with the cape on the MoS figure).

I think the gold in the "S" glyph and on the waist/belt area could perhaps also stand to be SLIGHTLY more of a gold color as opposed to yellow.

However, I think both of these details are just nitpicking. Figure looks great to me.

Maybe they'll release this after T-800 Guardain...i remember they released AoU Warmachine 3 weeks after announcing the figure for preorder...

Mentioned this in the Batman thread after seeing the pics from a show that showed this with the MOS head sculpt. But I still think they did a better job with the MOS head sculpt. The hairline on this sculpt feels like it's receding, and the frown is a bit too overdone. It almost invokes a Red Son Superman vibe.

Mentioned this in the Batman thread after seeing the pics from a show that showed this with the MOS head sculpt. But I still think they did a better job with the MOS head sculpt. The hairline on this sculpt feels like it's receding, and the frown is a bit too overdone. It almost invokes a Red Son Superman vibe.

Have ya seen Cavill's hairline? I'm not saying the guy is bald. Far from it, but he definitely does have a bit of a receding hairline. So the sculpt would be accurate in that sense.

That's because that's how his hairstyle is in BvS. Henry's hairline is fine in my opinion. It's the slicked back hairstyle they gave him that really accentuates it and gives that impression. In my opinion, sans the large "S" glyph, they almost seem like they were going for a real life embodiment of an Alex Ross type style of Superman look in this film.

He's supposed to be more matured in this film than he was in MoS and the Alex Ross Supes is supposed to reflect a more mature Supes, so perhaps that was precisely the intent.

Ross_Mythology_Superman_web.jpg

I get he had a similar hairstyle, but it doesn't look as pronounced on promotional pictures as on this figure.

I suppose it could be the eyes, but something about the sculpt just feels a bit off to me.

Back