1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So im planning on beefing the body up using 3mm eva foam, but has anyone had any difficulties with the zipper on the back when you are putting the suit back on the body, is it still able to close comepletely as the body would now be larger?

I use the 20mm foot pegs taken off from the mos superman and armory batman for now.
You can try others, but I recommend the ones with the cushion/foam material around them.

Whoa! Easy tiger! lol

I am only here to share the mod info which is simple and reversible if you guys need it, not here to argue if you should modify your figures.

As for your bat suit issue, I use armorall, some of my friends use silicone oil.
I wish I have done that sooner to my other figures with pleather or rubber clothing on them.
The same principle of doing mods, you can sit there whining or go ahead and do something when you are not happy with it. I am obviously the latter. lol

May I ask how you applied the armorall thing? Because I've got a ton of old Medicom figures that need to be protected [emoji23]

And while we're on the subject, anyone know how to create a leather look for the cloth items? Like my Medicom Kenshiro had pleather that peeled off, and now it just looks like he's wearing cloth pants.

Does painting the cloth help?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

So im planning on beefing the body up using 3mm eva foam, but has anyone had any difficulties with the zipper on the back when you are putting the suit back on the body, is it still able to close comepletely as the body would now be larger?

The bat suit is stretchy. I have seen a few cases that people had added too much putty or padding and damaged the backzip.

May I ask how you applied the armorall thing? Because I've got a ton of old Medicom figures that need to be protected [emoji23]

And while we're on the subject, anyone know how to create a leather look for the cloth items? Like my Medicom Kenshiro had pleather that peeled off, and now it just looks like he's wearing cloth pants.

Does painting the cloth help?

I just spray armorall on the clothing without excessive wiping.
It is too late if the material has started to peel off. I just recently replaced the whole suit of my catwoman.

I have heard a repaint job would help these eco-friendly clothing to last longer. Have no idea if that is true.
Two of my bvs superman and one mos superman were sent to be repainted, so far so good, not sure about the long term tho.

Ordered the new Unreal customs cape for him,last thing I need,ever since I put the ankle extenders on him I've been enjoying him even more
5bccc486e0d6637bfdc96f772663495b.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Will the Normal extenders from eBay eBay do?
Cool pic above.
Thanks.
I'm not sure I tried some longer ankle pegs I had hanging around the house but they wouldn't fit,I was told the Batman Armory pegs fit(they are long ankle pegs) so I took them off my Armory Bats and they fit perfectly,also the MOS ankle pegs do the job also,would be curious to hear if any other long ankle pegs fit that haven't been mentioned yet,as maybe some collectors don't have those figures

Thanks.
I'm not sure I tried some longer ankle pegs I had hanging around the house but they wouldn't fit,I was told the Batman Armory pegs fit(they are long ankle pegs) so I took them off my Armory Bats and they fit perfectly,also the MOS ankle pegs do the job also,would be curious to hear if any other long ankle pegs fit that haven't been mentioned yet,as maybe some collectors don't have those figures

Were the pegs too big or too small for the sockets? Your figure looks awesome!

Just got the notification that my Batsie has arrived and waiting for me at home. Can't this day get any faster?!

Were the pegs too big or too small for the sockets? Your figure looks awesome!

Just got the notification that my Batsie has arrived and waiting for me at home. Can't this day get any faster?!

The Armory pegs fit perfect,and I've heard the MOS pegs fit perfectly too. I think the ones I tried that didn't fit were some Captain America ones.
Great day for you! You are gunna love it,enjoy and post some pics [emoji4][emoji4]

Ho. Lee. Schitt.

Sorry for the reflection off of my laptop there lol

Everything is actually very very good. Just a tad scuff mark on the head and a spot of the suit at the right knee where it touches the clamshell is peeled.

I dont really care though. I'll probably fix it a bit like all the other figures I have.

Damaged, but loved the most.
ae3963dba78e646553dd08ba15337fbb.jpg
5e7e1b2a3e2c70ab22d3ad1598f6d6ba.jpg
3561e2bcebb3dae3dfbece7b2cdfadf0.jpg

Whoa! Easy tiger! lol

I am only here to share the mod info which is simple and reversible if you guys need it, not here to argue if you should modify your figures.

As for your bat suit issue, I use armorall, some of my friends use silicone oil.
I wish I have done that sooner to my other figures with pleather or rubber clothing on them.
The same principle of doing mods, you can sit there whining or go ahead and do something when you are not happy with it. I am obviously the latter. lol

I'm not arguing haha, I'm just saying for those that want to mod, make sure to have a play around with it first to see what the figure can do as then you can decide if it looks good enough or needs to be modded for your taste, because it seems some people just go straight to modding thinking that how it comes from the box is all it's capable of. Meant nothing by it mate, it's good you're giving tips out; all good, sorry if it seemed another way :)

In regards to applying oil I'm a bit paranoid with it as I don't know how chemically it will react years down the line and would hate for it to be damaged due to something I've applied to it. To be honest it's just the armpit at the moment but I noticed under the cowl, on the thigh from the packaging and for some reason a bit on the arm which doesn't even come into contact with anything else so not too sure how putting oil will stop anything further.

Added some cotton balls for his triceps, traps, chest, and crotch.

God I love this figure so much.
5469d8043f8d2130065c018350eb8763.jpg

Ho. Lee. Schitt.

Sorry for the reflection off of my laptop there lol

Everything is actually very very good. Just a tad scuff mark on the head and a spot of the suit at the right knee where it touches the clamshell is peeled.

I dont really care though. I'll probably fix it a bit like all the other figures I have.

Damaged, but loved the most.
ae3963dba78e646553dd08ba15337fbb.jpg
5e7e1b2a3e2c70ab22d3ad1598f6d6ba.jpg
3561e2bcebb3dae3dfbece7b2cdfadf0.jpg

Congrats!

I've always really liked one of the Batman statues that have him fixing his gauntlets. I forgot which statue it is though. Maybe Kotobukiya or something.
68f6c3873ffb783c944cb435d7595c51.jpg

I'm not arguing haha, I'm just saying for those that want to mod, make sure to have a play around with it first to see what the figure can do as then you can decide if it looks good enough or needs to be modded for your taste, because it seems some people just go straight to modding thinking that how it comes from the box is all it's capable of. Meant nothing by it mate, it's good you're giving tips out; all good, sorry if it seemed another way :)

In regards to applying oil I'm a bit paranoid with it as I don't know how chemically it will react years down the line and would hate for it to be damaged due to something I've applied to it. To be honest it's just the armpit at the moment but I noticed under the cowl, on the thigh from the packaging and for some reason a bit on the arm which doesn't even come into contact with anything else so not too sure how putting oil will stop anything further.

I am totally cool, no hard feeling.

Also use armorall on my lexus and porsche, so I have good faith in it. lol

Added some cotton balls for his triceps, traps, chest, and crotch.

God I love this figure so much.

Cotton balls... very creative!

It seems to me that you have already fixed the cowl's covering the bat symbol issue.

Back