1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going post a diy for the muscle mod?
I know the muscle mod for HT batman is quite common in Asia, but not here tho. lol
I have also read a few feedback from your buyers in China saying the muscle mods make the cape flow and drape much better.

I used 3mm Eva pad for the muscle mod which is more movie&promo accurate

a4a74b93a4d5baefdf678a29a7ec33d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

北京国安;9415059 said:
I used 3mm Eva pad for the muscle mod which is more movie&promo accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that info. :):)

I have been thinking sending my bvs batman to Cola in China for this mod because I don't feel like adding putty to the figure by myself.
Your method looks much easier and can be easily undone if anything goes wrong.

Here's some behind-the-scenes pictures of the Batsuit being made for BvS. It's on the mannequin, but they did make a mold(cast?) of Affleck's body to create the suit to fit him properly. Not sure if those are mannequins with his body proportions, but I'm just posting it to show a clear look at the suit and the padded muscle shapes. When he wears it it's expanded and filled out, so it's not as slim in the waist as it appears here.

I'm into these Batsuits. Such a great design. And the figure looks awesome, regardless of how accurate it is to the actual suit in the movie. Anyway, for anyone's reference:

e47824a31d8b0e5a38c4a29748605736.jpg

810e9299d56ca0921be7d31a5a9f0573.jpg

2fd89c3a2318954057a50b7f2c571b8e.jpg

Jesus, those batsuits are the best suits on any Batman film in my opinion, they look stunning. I really want Hot Toys to make a 1/4 to get that colour and the folds in the suit right, a 1/4 of this with the right cape material would be stunning! :gah:

I agree this is my favorite Batsuit. Iron Head Studios made them and they did a fantastic job on everything. If only they could've come back for Justice League, then maybe the cowl's mobility would be like it was in BvS. As it is, the footage seems to show a bit more restriction. We'll see in the movie though.

It's an absolute shame Ironhead isn't doing the costumes for JL, but I'm glad they're ditching it after what WB pulled. They were responsible for allowing Batman to actually turn his head in the cowl, something that no one had been able to achieve before, and they weren't even mentioned in the credits for BvS. They talk about it here:

Now Batman is back to not being able to turn his head in JL because WB got a different studio to make the costumes. :lol

Notice Affleck shifting his whole upper body in the Leavesden suit to simulate turning his head, like Keaton.

ypf7gNH.gif

As opposed to the BvS cowl.

giphy.gif

Thanks, WB.

44b9ebc3bb8c8fe94e3307f307022ece.gif

It's an absolute shame Ironhead isn't doing the costumes for JL, but I'm glad they're ditching it after what WB pulled. They were responsible for allowing Batman to actually turn his head in the cowl, something that no one had been able to achieve before, and they weren't even mentioned in the credits for BvS. They talk about it here:

Now Batman is back to not being able to turn his head in JL because WB got a different studio to make the costumes. :lol

Notice Affleck shifting his whole upper body in the Leavesden suit to simulate turning his head, like Keaton.

ypf7gNH.gif

As opposed to the BvS cowl.

giphy.gif

Thanks, WB.

44b9ebc3bb8c8fe94e3307f307022ece.gif

I'd wait to see the movie first instead of judging off a 1 sec clip

It's an absolute shame Ironhead isn't doing the costumes for JL, but I'm glad they're ditching it after what WB pulled. They were responsible for allowing Batman to actually turn his head in the cowl, something that no one had been able to achieve before, and they weren't even mentioned in the credits for BvS.

Yeah, thats pretty sad and definite downgrade from the BvS cowl. I wasn't a big fan of the cat/owl cowl for JL. This definitely puts more nails in that coffin.

I want the same movement we saw in BvS as anyone, but from what we've seen so far, it definitely indicates that the JL cowl has lost mobility compared to the BvS cowl made by Ironhead. That would be due to different materials, and it's not surprising considering it was made by a different studio. Ironhead used foam latex, which Leavesden apparently didn't use. An RPF member reports that the SS and a couple JL cowls were made with foam, and I believe those were okay in movement.

I want the same movement we saw in BvS as anyone, but from what we've seen so far, it definitely indicates that the JL cowl has lost mobility compared to the BvS cowl made by Ironhead. That would be due to different materials, and it's not surprising considering it was made by a different studio. Ironhead used foam latex, which Leavesden apparently didn't use. An RPF member reports that the SS and a couple JL cowls were made with foam, and I believe those were okay in movement.

The SS cowl was just the one from BvS, so they have the same mobility.

batman-cornering-deadshot-in-suicide-squad-was-a-fun-if-expected-cameo-appearance.gif

Although they switch to the JL cowl right after that shot (when Batman has a speaking role), so that could mean the reshoots took place after Ironhead got screwed over by WB.

I'd wait to see the movie first instead of judging off a 1 sec clip

That isn't the only time Batfleck's head moves rigidly in JL. It looks pretty solid during the rooftop scene with Commissioner Gordon and Aquaman.

e5aa60d42cf314741b07abf944d26bd4.gif

It could look better in the scenes that haven't been released yet, but from what's been shown it looks like Batman will have a hard time backing out of the driveway from now on.

Yeah I meant to say the shot where he's talking to Deadshot. Gave us a nice preview of the new cowl. And that one was reportedly made from foam.

11790a832c69e432eb0681c75948d9ad.png

Hopefully they were able to make some cowls that are more flexible than the ones seen in the trailers.

Hi guys,

just wanna share my recent custom cape. Finally got to finish the real movie accurate cape for BvS Batman. The differences between real movie accurate and promo accurate (that is mistakenly identified as movie accurate) are the scallops and the length of the cape. The real movie accurate has curvy scallops, not almost flat scallops. And the cape touches the ground with the pointy tips of the cape dragging on the floor.

Also the cape has a seam line on the back of the cape. The top of the cape is the same as the promo cape.

The pictures from the movie shows the scallops are curvy, not almost flat like in the promos. This should clear the misunderstanding between REAL MOVIE accurate and PROMO accurate.

Thanks for looking.

NOTE: I kinda over did the weathering. It will be reduced in my next attempt lol...

BATMAN BVS (2111) ed1c SSR.jpg

BATMAN BVS (2091) ed1a SSR.jpg

BATMAN BVS (2118) ed1a SSR.jpg

BATMAN BVS (2108) ed1a SSR.jpg

BATMAN SUIT 1242 A.jpg

BATMAN BVS CAPE (1346).jpg

BATMAN BVS CAPE ertf3.jpg

BATMAN BVS CAPE (1348).jpg

Hi guys,

just wanna share my recent custom cape. Finally got to finish the real movie accurate cape for BvS Batman. The differences between real movie accurate and promo accurate (that is mistakenly identified as movie accurate) are the scallops and the length of the cape. The real movie accurate has curvy scallops, not almost flat scallops. And the cape touches the ground with the pointy tips of the cape dragging on the floor.

Also the cape has a seam line on the back of the cape. The top of the cape is the same as the promo cape.

The pictures from the movie shows the scallops are curvy, not almost flat like in the promos. This should clear the misunderstanding between REAL MOVIE accurate and PROMO accurate.

Thanks for looking.

NOTE: I kinda over did the weathering. It will be reduced in my next attempt lol...

View attachment 361992

View attachment 361993

View attachment 361994

View attachment 361995

View attachment 361996

View attachment 361997

View attachment 361998

View attachment 361999

Im down for one! How do I order?

A little embellished on the amount of weathering on the bottom as you mentioned, but great catches in the details that you enumerated. Nice work.

Nice work again unrealtoys. :clap
Will you be selling versions of the cloak you made for Wonder Woman at any point?

Hey guys, I just got this figure BIB for about $210 :yess::yess::yess::yess:
Is there a thread to the quintessential mods required for the figure?
It looks beast on Owen1313's IG page.

Untitled.jpg

I can't really pinpoint what has been done though. Would like to prepare the materials required before it arrives at my doorstep :D

Hey guys, I just got this figure BIB for about $210 :yess::yess::yess::yess:
Is there a thread to the quintessential mods required for the figure?
It looks beast on Owen1313's IG page.

View attachment 362132

I can't really pinpoint what has been done though. Would like to prepare the materials required before it arrives at my doorstep :D

There's different mods that people do, this one looks like it has a foam padding added underneath and a new cape (not sure which one this one would be, one of the nicer ones I have seen, though) possibly it's been repainted also, might just be the lighting.

I personally wouldn't mod it like this, though. The V of his torso is too inclined, his waist is supposed to be bulky, if you go back a couple of pages the mod Jaxon posted seems like it'd be good. It's best to wait until you get it in hand. To be honest the main reason why most people feel like they should mod theirs is because they haven't twisted and futzed theirs into a good pose, when he's static out of the box he looks awful, but adjust the shoulders, the abdomen crunch etc. makes him look pretty good imo.

Back