1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manufacturing yields and statistics. I'll look that up - thanks for the tip...

Yeah so I looked it up - doesn't say anything about the company stiffing the consumer who got the fail after it got through quality control and made it to shipping.

No process is perfect. Agreed.

But if 5 out of 5000 is a good fail rate for the process - and based on your comment it seems you would agree - then why doesn't hot toys offer some replacement stock or money back for the defect? The manufacturer is still accountable for the output of the process - pass or fail.

But I was also responding to the comments where HT doesn't design or manufacture products for the long run.

If some people here can afford to treat these as perishable goods then more power to them - personally I'm not spending this kind of money expecting these things to breakdown over time. And if that's true then HT should put some type of warning statements or warranty out. If they have them I'm not aware and stand corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm only familiar with Sideshow having a 30 day return/exchange policy for damaged figures. Exchange is only possible if they still have it in stock.

This is one of those instances where if you're a "misb" collector and whatever figures you have boxed up is damaged straight out of the factory, you're the collector who hides his head in the sand hoping your mint in sealed box figure didn't drop down in value. [emoji23] lol

Just checked my figure and the suit fused together in very very small areas. I used some heat to seperate the fusing but the damage was already done. I live in the Bay Area, California (weather is great all year around) and I never posed the figure. He has been in a museum pose since I received it.

the company stiffing the consumer who got the fail after it got through quality control and made it to shipping.

Be careful guys!! Hot Toys is certainly out to get you!! They're out there to stifle you on purpose!

So much stupidity its pathetic...

Must be a scary world for someone so ignorant.

Be careful guys!! Hot Toys is certainly out to get you!! They're out there to stifle you on purpose!

So much stupidity its pathetic...

Must be a scary world for someone so ignorant.

Reported for blatant disrespect. We are all adults, and there is no need to be talking down to another member like that.

Here is my BvS Batman with the Jaxon cape:

image.jpg

I did have some peeling in the underarm area. It has been in this pose since I received it and I live in cool California weather. This figure is in such high demand that if for some reason I wanted to sell it, I know I could make back the money I spent plus a little more, even with the small amount of peeling.

For now, I coated the underarms with talcum powder to hopefully prevent any further damage.

Here is my BvS Batman with the Jaxon cape:

I did have some peeling in the underarm area. It has been in this pose since I received it and I live in cool California weather. This figure is in such high demand that if for some reason I wanted to sell it, I know I could make back the money I spent plus a little more, even with the small amount of peeling.

For now, I coated the underarms with talcum powder to hopefully prevent any further damage.

I live in Los Angeles and no problems with any of my BvS figures. I got them one week of HK release

When did you receive your Batman figure? It's possible your Batman figure had the peeling issue right out of the Hot Toys factory or while it was on a boat traveling from HK to California. If you just noticed now, there's no for sure way to know if it was a qc problem right out of the factory.

Also, weren't you the one that suggested putting an aerospace sealant on your figures? Are you sure the sealant you put on the batman figure didn't cause the peeling issue?

In terms of the talcum powder, unless Batmans sweating in his pits, I'm not sure how helpful it would be.

It's issues like this that make me check all my figures on arrival for qc problems like this so that I can have them exchanged.

I received my BvS figure when SS began shipping the Ex version. I am sure that this developed over time because I did move the arms around a bit when I first opened it to make sure there was no broken joints. I removed him from the case to put on the Jaxon cape, and I carefully raised the arms to see if there was any fusing. I noticed the fusing right away, so I hit it with a hairdryer hoping to minimize the damage. There are very small areas in the underarm area where the texture of the suit peeled off.

Furthermore, I do not believe this is an isolated problem. If you take into account that all of the suits were produced with the same type of rubber overlay, then all of our suit's rubber have the same molecular build. This is the result of the molecular structure of the rubber breaking down and returning to its original goey sticky form. What I am trying to say is that if it hasnt already happened, then eventually it will happen. I highly suggest coating the areas that come into contact with talcum powder to prolong the rubbers integrity

Thankfully no peeling here. On a lighter note this is a test fitting of my Bruce Wayne head I am doing. Just wanted to share it. I LOVE this figure.

View attachment 329378
Now that is awesome.

I'd be so interested in that, but I was the one who started this peeling issue, and I'm kind of out of love with the figure at this moment.

It was genuinely my prized possession, it was the best HT I've bought and the one I've liked most in my ten years collecting. I'm really sad to have discovered the peeling issue. I love this hobby more than you can imagine.

Let me break down where mine is peeling and my thoughts on it.

- under the arm pit on his right side. This is the worst. I believe this is due to me having the arms pushed right in to the body. All the material Is bunched up under the armpit when you do this. So I think the rubber has kind of fused together. OR. It could be due to posing and friction, as others have mentioned. Or it could have been like this from the factory and I didn't notice until someone else mentioned their suit was peeling and I went to check. Who knows. I don't really want to dwell on how it's happened or why. It's also strange that is has only badly affected one armpit.

- on the underside of his bicep on the left arm. Again, might be due to the arms being close to the body or friction. Just a little peeling here in one area.

- under the lip of the cowl. I believe the suit has peeled here due to the lip of the cowl rubbing on the suit underneath. If I were to do the chest expanding mod to lower the symbol from the lip of the cowl which many people have done, the peeled area of the suit will be exposed.

- under the gauntlet on his right arm. This may be due to the suit sticking to the gauntlet? But under all the other gauntlets and boot covers, the suit is fine. Again, I don't know what's caused this.

- on the back of his right shoulder. I rub this area with my finger and the suit peels off in my hands.

Then there are multiple little secluded areas of the suit which have the textured part of the suit missing and the black rubber underneath exposed. There is a pretty big one on the abs, on mine. A few of these areas were like this straight out of the box. I thought it was normal. But after discovering the peeling issue I now believe they've been done in the factory on the assembly line. Because on promo pics and other collectors' pics. These areas aren't visible at all.

My take on it is, basically the suit just isn't very well made and it weaker in some areas than others. Keeping the arms close to the body for a long length of time will break down the suit under the armpit. Being rough on the suit where it is weak will mean it can disintegrate in my hands. The main body of the suit is fine, and can take handling without issue.

My current situation is, I have put a layer of clear glue on the area under the armpit which is worst affected to hopefully stop any more peeling. If it gets worse here, it's on to his chest and then I have serious problems.

Going forward, the figure won't be the same for me in terms of how I handle and pose it. The badass arms down by his side pose I did have him in will probably have to go, and I will bring his arms out from his body so the arm pits aren't as bunched up. I will have to have him in a bit of an awkward pose with his head not tilted down for the foreseeable :lol

Either that or I'm going to sell him.

So there you go. I believe I have a right to moan about this :lol

Last edited:
Good luck Platty - Hopefully the situation stabilizes and you can enjoy the figure again.

Mcas - Thanks for grounding the discussion and gracefully getting it back on topic.

Enzolt - peace

I agree. I treat all my expensive collectables (especially the ones with cloth) as acbA. And if it's art then I am always wearing rubber gloves when handling the figures cuz i dont want transfer ANY oil, grease or grimm that my be lengering on my figures and hands over to my figures of ART. I learned that way back when I was into collecting movie posters and expensive collectable comic books. Look how the collectors of that type of ART handle their expensive treasured articles. This goes for the figures with rubber bodies too....got to use gloves.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back