1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8f52b50c636d446d4f9ba9cba9a565c7.jpg

d284ed09b6ce95747e34e760fe783cd4.jpg

2c131ec64d24984ee04707c3da068dee.jpg

This has been my Batflecks museum pose since day 1 of receiving him 1 week of HK release. And this is how he's going to stay.

I appreciate the heads up from fellow collectors about the risk of the suit peeling but I consider myself fortunate enough not to have those problems after inspecting all my BvS figures.

It's true that we have to be mindful of over posing as well as transferring oils/dirt from our fingers handling these figures.

Same argument could be said about the Hot Toys Leonidas figure which i also own that people complained about the rubber deteriorating, which I Never had that problem either.

These figures aren't meant to last forever but just by being careful about posing and handling these figures will make a huge difference in the long run. Also keeping in mind the weather/humidity/sunlight conditions in the room you use to display these figures.

I also think you can blame the QC standards that Hot Toys may have failed to pay attention to when some of these Batfleck figures were stuffed in the box. A lot of people that noticed the issue can't 100% say that the peeling wasn't already there when they first received the figure because they failed to check the under arms of the suit. Sure the arms weren't sticky at first but you can't really say for sure that the peeling wasn't already existent unless you really looked.

Something we can all learn from when we first receive a brand new figure is to check for any type of damages right out of the box so that we can get the figure exchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. Also awesome images should have gotten tony's cape. But in all seriousness regardless about the pealing does anyone still think the figure is no longer good to them for that reason. I mean if the whole leg area of the suit Pealed off then yes it's damaged . But minor pealing I still think he is good. Just handle him with care now that you know.

I don't think anyone that really likes this figure is bothered by this "issue", specially if it hasn't happened to them. It does suck for those that are experiencing it, but really, what do you do? It's been more that 30 days since this came out, and it's long sold out. What is SSC really going to do? Give you 5 bucks? Let's be realistic.

Many comparisons to top tech companies are fine, but those companies offer some sort of warranty when you buy their products. A PS4 costs as much as diecast Iron Mehn (hell, less actually) BUT they do offer you the chance to buy their own protection plan in case anything happens, much like Apple, Samsung, etc etc. When I buy any of those things I have peace of mind, because even of I don't buy that protection plan, at least they usually cover it for a year.

HT is a "premium" toy manufacturer, their toys are NOT cheap. Yes, nothing is meant to last forever, but at $300 a pop a little piece of mind that lasts more than 30 days would be appreciated. They should at least offer some sort of protection program.

Imagine your Hulkbuster's electronics failing after 7 months, or anything of that nature. Buying expensive things is always a gamble, nothing is guaranteed to last. But at least offer the customer some peace of mind that lasts longer than 30 days.

Protection program past 30 days is not free. Usually cost an extra $30-50.
If ht offered a program, I guarantee overwhelming majority wouldn't buy it anyway.
The figure is expensive enough and most people would take their chance.
Hell I wouldn't buy extended warranty.

The real suit is deteriorating right now as well if it makes anyone feel better.

Im hoping maybe the rubber didnt set right on the peeling ones so we wont see widespread issues as I have 5 of these Batman rubber suited figures.

Im hoping maybe the rubber didnt set right on the peeling ones so we wont see widespread issues as I have 5 of these Batman rubber suited figures.

It's a possibility that whatever material Hot Toys used to coat or finish/paint that final layer on the suit didn't set right or wasn't given enough time to properly set right before packing the figures in the box with their arms tucked in to the body.

It's also possible that the sideshow batch was stuck on a boat somewhere for a month in transit under the hot sun.

Even though they've been sealed and mib, they can still have damage on them depending on where and how they were stored before you purchased and received the figure.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Could someone compare the pattern to theirs to see if my suit is missing more texture than theirs? Obviously, there was some peeling directly underneath the arms, but I would like to know if everything else looks good compared to other figures.

View attachment 329496View attachment 329498

Could someone compare the pattern to theirs to see if my suit is missing more texture than theirs? Obviously, there was some peeling directly underneath the arms, but I would like to know if everything else looks good compared to other figures.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, just in case it comes across that way - and I'm not sure if it's the camera, the angle, lighting, or all of it, but it really looks like a lot of your suit is discoloured and grimy. Either that is grime and oils, you've repainted it, put a sealant or something like that on it? ... it just seems like there's more going on with it then it just peeling? From the photos it doesn't look like outright peeling is the only issue, as I've never seen photos of this figure with that dirty yellow discolouration which looks like it's spread quite a lot... but again, I'm not sure if that's just the camera and lighting with optical illusions turning the suit a different colour. Is it like that in person or have you applied anything to it?

EDIT: Just thought the discolouration matches where the suit has peeled, might just be transfer of the peelings or something of that ilk

My bvs batman has the slight yellow discoloration effect too - I believe that is part of the paint app - it's subtle but Is enhanced when indirect direct white light.

I could be wrong - but mine was there out of the box

My bvs batman has the slight yellow discoloration effect too - I believe that is part of the paint app - it's subtle but Is enhanced when indirect direct white light.

I could be wrong - but mine was there out of the box

Hmmm, mine definitely does not have it, even in direct sunlight... I'm think if the other with the peeling issue has this either these are problem pieces right from factory, or have caught the worst of it in shipping, it looks to be a bad reaction with something.

Hmmm, mine definitely does not have it, even in direct sunlight... I'm think if the other with the peeling issue has this either these are problem pieces right from factory, or have caught the worst of it in shipping, it looks to be a bad reaction with something.

Here is mine. No peeling. Just the discoloration. Straight out of box. I've used gloves for supes and bats since day 1 - for reference I got the two pack with the tech cowl/rifle batman. Anyone else have this coloring with that version?

cd13141f52b409749d5f96b6a8261fb6.jpg

be208b9f1b84bc3ed387d9acc513956b.jpg

Here is mine. No peeling. Just the discoloration. Straight out of box. I've used gloves for supes and bats since day 1 - for reference I got the two pack with the tech cowl/rifle batman. Anyone else have this coloring with that version?

Hmm, I'll have to double check mine when I've finished moving, but this seems more visible due to the sunlight. In the pictures above this it looks like the photos were taken away from sunlight and with a normal room bulb and the dicolouration is a lot more prominant and darker than yours.

He looks great still out of the box best Batman ever

Back