1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an extra suit from TA for this very reason. Now I can worry about two suits falling apart.

Someone wants to string up Howard and say this:
debf2c0cfe9bf5d4f6f54f80526886f0.jpg

b39625a3af3c87f267626546b4cf5d1b.jpg

I spent some time with my bats today. Really wanted to sell the whole line I'm so disgusted with this peeling issue. But after a few minutes of futzing around I'm smitten again. No peeling though thank goodness. He peels and he is out of here I swear to god almighty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent some time with my bats today. Really wanted to sell the whole line I'm so disgusted with this peeling issue. But after a few minutes of futzing around I'm smitten again. No peeling though thank goodness. He peels and he is out of here I swear to god almighty.

I'm thinking about listing my Knightmare though and one of my armoreds to make some room. Happy with a bats a supes and one armored.

No peeling issue with mine. Though I did just get it.

I've had Knightmare Bats for a while and has been through some dynamic posing, even a coat change, still no peeling.

It doesn't sound like it's a universal problem.

If it is, we would hear a lot more about it, especially folks from Asia who have had this figure for longer than everywhere else.

It's similar to Deadpool where the issue was really apparent.

This one, not so much. It's unfortunate to hear from folks who have had this happen to them but we all get unlucky some days.

Whining about it in a forum and forming a big circlejerk isn't going to help. Perhaps talk to Sideshow Collectibles and see if they can offer you a solution.

I'm not jerking anyone. I feel terribly for those who have the issue with little recourse. Like Ben's drama about dropping the character all together (pure rumor?) and this peeling issue even for five people - this 2016 figure of the year has had its share of scandal. I don't have the issue and I'm thankful. But no one should have to deal with a peeling rubber suit on a 250 figure. And when I hear that HOt toys doesn't do enough to think about longevity of quality and that all these 200 dollar dolls are just going to fall apart some day I want to go postal.

I don't have the issue but we are a community. So if one of us does we should all be supportive.

Ok, I guess I am jerking someone.

You guys do know that almost every single product has a failure rate? And depending on that failure rate is also the success of the product.
When PS4 first sold a million, the failure rate was 1% which was considered a success.
That's 10,000 broken ps4. So if you're one of the 1%, that sucks.
But when you look at the big picture, only 1% of 1 million ps4 failed, that's amazing!
The xbox 360 I think had a 50% failure rate.

This Batman figure has been out for awhile now and we've seen tons and tons and tons of of pics from happy customers.
We get 5 confirmed issues. One admitted it might be due to excessive posing.
I think the failure rate is successful is you ask me.

Yeah I tend to agree... I mean unless this is a wide issue like Deadpool's wrist that happens even before it's opened, I don't think there's any real way for Hot Toys to disseminate whether these damages are natural or from excessive use of poor handling (not judging anyone in specific). In terms of how many were produced to how many reported incidents, I don't think it's much of an issue that everyone should be worried about. There's no real way to gauge how much further someone has handled theirs compared to the next person.

At the moment there's been very few people with this issue - I don't doubt that it can or will happen, I mean the fading red from all the Iron Man's is a real issue that they need to sort out that definitely is not due to end user mishandling. However, figures with these costumes that have been out a while, if these were natural self destruction type damages a lot more would be announced.

I still think people should exact extreme caution with each figure. These are scaled down materials with minute detail being posed in realistic ways. It's extremely hard to replicate costumes and materials and have them retain those materials durability and properties. Think of the thickness the real Batman suit would have been, there's no way the 1/6 version can endure similar posing when the materials, although aesthetically similar, are not equatable property-wise. More than that, I think these things should be handled with gloves, especially rubber parts, oils from skin can stay and cause chemical reactions, not just exposure to light does it. In the end these are thin tiny materials, with delicate paint apps, you only need to go to an art museum to see the extreme monitoring and care to preserve fading master artworks to realise how these things work - regardless if you think they're similar pieces or just dolls, it's irregardless, paint fades and reacts chemically to many things, combine that with posing, temperature and everything else it's not unreasonable to see how some people will get the damages.

Right. I think setting the expectation, regardless of high price, to be perfect seriously needs to learn about statistics and manufacturing yield.

Simply saying "it's $250, it better work", is simply ignorant and borderline juvenile.

Even the Galaxy Note 7 exploded for crying out loud. BMWs has had defects and recalls. Even Tesla Model S has had recalls as I had to bring mine in.

Point being there will always be a certain percentage that will have some sort of defect. Expecting 100% perfection is completely ignorant. Nothing in the world is perfect.

To get your pitchforks out and overreact over 5 for-sure defective figures? Give me a fu-king break.

It's cool to reach out to the community to see if anyone has had problems...But to ask for "support"? What does that even mean? Are you going to buy the dude another replacement figure?

As I mentioned, best course of action is to talk to the retailer/Sideshow Collectibles.

The community can't do much for you. You can whine and circlejerk off each other but it's not going to get you another figure.

Right. I think setting the expectation, regardless of high price, to be perfect seriously needs to learn about statistics and manufacturing yield.

Simply saying "it's $250, it better work", is simply ignorant and borderline juvenile.

Even the Galaxy Note 7 exploded for crying out loud. BMWs has had defects and recalls. Even Tesla Model S has had recalls as I had to bring mine in.

Point being there will always be a certain percentage that will have some sort of defect. Expecting 100% perfection is completely ignorant. Nothing in the world is perfect.

To get your pitchforks out and overreact over 5 for-sure defective figures? Give me a fu-king break.

If there are 5 defective on a couple of forums, that cover a fraction of the figure ownership, there is likely many more out there.

We understand failure rates whatever the cost of an item but those examples of the Note 7 and BMW aren't very helpful. Anybody who bought those defective models would have had the issues put right, replaced or refunded. Do Hot Toys even do customer service?

I'm relieved my Batman has no issues thus far but some of you are seriously cold here. :lol
Those raising awareness of this peeling shouldn't be berated for pointing out problems that shouldn't be present. A little more understanding would be nice. I don't see any pitchforks, just discussion which is apparently a bad thing now.

The Spiderman figures suffered the same problems by all accounts. My MOS had some peeling after being left on the C clamp, my fault I know but why do they only give Superman flight stands when they must know this is an issue. My BvS Supes has a slight issue under his left arm, thankfully well hidden but if you think this is limited to just five BvS Batman figures I'd call that delusional.

Hot Toys need to work out these issues with rubber type suits with many more figures wearing these outfits due for release in the coming years.

WELL put! Get real folks- mass produced (yes these are) have minor defects occasionally...it depends on your level of anxiety about very minor things I guess

It's cool to reach out to the community to see if anyone has had problems...But to ask for "support"? What does that even mean? Are you going to buy the dude another replacement figure?

As I mentioned, best course of action is to talk to the retailer/Sideshow Collectibles.

The community can't do much for you. You can whine and circlejerk off each other but it's not going to get you another figure.

:rotfl:clap

No peeling issue with mine. Though I did just get it.

I've had Knightmare Bats for a while and has been through some dynamic posing, even a coat change, still no peeling.

It doesn't sound like it's a universal problem.

If it is, we would hear a lot more about it, especially folks from Asia who have had this figure for longer than everywhere else.

It's similar to Deadpool where the issue was really apparent.

This one, not so much. It's unfortunate to hear from folks who have had this happen to them but we all get unlucky some days.

Whining about it in a forum and forming a big circlejerk isn't going to help. Perhaps talk to Sideshow Collectibles and see if they can offer you a solution.

My sentiments as well. My sympathies to the few whose suits have peeled, but at this point, it seems to be isolated incidents rather than something pervasive to where you can conclude it's a defect with the suit itself.

If there are 5 defective on a couple of forums, that cover a fraction of the figure ownership, there is likely many more out there.

We understand failure rates whatever the cost of an item but those examples of the Note 7 and BMW aren't very helpful. Anybody who bought those defective models would have had the issues put right, replaced or refunded. Do Hot Toys even do customer service?

I'm relieved my Batman has no issues thus far but some of you are seriously cold here. [emoji38]
Those raising awareness of this peeling shouldn't be berated for pointing out problems that shouldn't be present. A little more understanding would be nice. I don't see any pitchforks, just discussion which is apparently a bad thing now.

The Spiderman figures suffered the same problems by all accounts. My MOS had some peeling after being left on the C clamp, my fault I know but why do they only give Superman flight stands when they must know this is an issue. My BvS Supes has a slight issue under his left arm, thankfully well hidden but if you think this is limited to just five BvS Batman figures I'd call that delusional.

Hot Toys need to work out these issues with rubber type suits with many more figures wearing these outfits due for release in the coming years.
I understand. In the end, maybe Hot Toys should look into hiring a materials science major for making a new material for the suits LOL.

Back