1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
北京国安;9058444 said:
a901e88b471869b0fe2771d05b62a7c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. But I was thinking the if cape should be thicker to be more screen accurate or am I wrong?

That's always the case. Again, you need to look around more often. The new figure is always the cats meow...until another figure is released. And in some cases, it doesn't even have to be the same figure. Guys will dump it to fund other figures.

Similar things were said about the MMS 117...then the DX 10 came out...then the DX 13...:huh

It's just the nature of the beast. NOT saying this figure is the flavor of the month but right now it's peaked or peaking = not a good time to buy. Wait until some new shiny fig is released and that's the time to start hunting this down.

I'm not saying guys will dump this en masse...I'm not saying sure you guys that have it now will hate it later. I'm just saying there are those who will move on. You can attempt to quantify that number as a "tiny minority" but that's still an opportunity for those of us who missed it to get it...and at a reasonable price point.

Agree with this. Right now isn't the right time to buy. At least the price will drop a little in the future, though I'm not sure if it will be go back to the original retail price. If ht did revisit this figure with a better version, I'm sure some of the collectors will ditch this version to get the new one. my wishful thinking is HT will give us a lighter tone with ss version of the suit, a Bruce Wayne headsculpt, & a pair of eyes looking to the right. I think I'm good with that:yess:

Finally got some time to enjoy my Christmas present.
He's really badass, even right if the box.
But I started the mods right away.

First I had to fix the cowl as the hard plastic part that connects the neck was not inserted completely creating a non symmetric neck. I could have leave it like that but hey my ocd would not let me be lol
It was a ***** to remove as it was glued hard but with an xacto knife I managed to cut gently around it and then remove it with pliers.

1-The arms, biceps were too flat for my taste so using Tamiya miliput I added muscles.
2-Added some padding on the front chest and the sides (padding was from the first order trooper fatsuit, already had the chest form and it flattens a bit when you put the batsuit on).
3-A bigger groin area with miliput, had to redo it several times as it was either not enough or too big lol.
4-The calves, since I added longer feet pegs (mandatory I think with Batman and superman Bvs as it give them good proportions) I made them bigger with some padding and ductape.
5-Belt pouches 2 & 3 replaced higher on the belt for screen accuracy.
6-added some double sided tape on the extremities of the cowl to make sure the cape stays flat and in place.

View attachment 314242
View attachment 314243

What did you do to get the gap in between the cowl and bat symbol? Was it the extra padding?

Agree with this. Right now isn't the right time to buy. At least the price will drop a little in the future, though I'm not sure if it will be go back to the original retail price. If ht did revisit this figure with a better version, I'm sure some of the collectors will ditch this version to get the new one. my wishful thinking is HT will give us a lighter tone with ss version of the suit, a Bruce Wayne headsculpt, & a pair of eyes looking to the right. I think I'm good with that:yess:

Remember that HT announced the Suicide Squad version with the breather device. If that ever comes up, it should lower the price on this version

That's always the case. Again, you need to look around more often. The new figure is always the cats meow...until another figure is released. And in some cases, it doesn't even have to be the same figure. Guys will dump it to fund other figures.

Similar things were said about the MMS 117...then the DX 10 came out...then the DX 13...:huh

It's just the nature of the beast. NOT saying this figure is the flavor of the month but right now it's peaked or peaking = not a good time to buy. Wait until some new shiny fig is released and that's the time to start hunting this down.

I'm not saying guys will dump this en masse...I'm not saying sure you guys that have it now will hate it later. I'm just saying there are those who will move on. You can attempt to quantify that number as a "tiny minority" but that's still an opportunity for those of us who missed it to get it...and at a reasonable price point.

I know what you're trying to say. I was just pointing out that it's not always the case, and definitely not with your example of Ant-Man.

This Batman figure could peak for years though. Look at what happened with the Joker 2.0, the prices for this guy are insane. Or a better example would be The Godfather figure, people are selling it for over $1000 on ebay.

But I'm pretty sure that this particular suit will make a come-back with Ben Affleck's upcoming "The Batman", or even in Justice League. And yeah the rebreather Batman from Suicide Squad was announced, don't see why they would miss the opportunity to release that one since they did release the Imposter version.
So yeah there's a high chance the price will drop on that particular figure at some point.

Also I'm a bit surprised they don't re-release it, it sold out very fast, they have the molds and everything else, why don't they just make a new batch? Easy money.

If they don't release any other upgraded or similar version though, it will peak for years and I could see that figure hitting the price point of Joker 2.0 within 2 years. It's arguably the best Hot Toys figure of 2016, most collectors want it and there isn't a better figure of that suit on the market yet.

That being said, I did end up buying the Mezco One:12 version. I didn't want to buy it but I saw so many positive comments, I told myself I was narrow-minded on that one and decided to give it a go. I got it for the right price and I got to say I'm impressed. It comes with more accessories than the regular Hot Toys release (if you don't count the tech cowl+sniper version), the suit has a brighter tone, and it's extremely posable. I ended up loving it, it's actually miles better in person than in pictures and videos I've seen.
For those who passed on the Hot Toys release and that want a figure of this representation of Batman for a fair price, I would suggest you to go for the Mezco One:12 figure. Sure it's 1/12 scale, but it's very impressive, I changed my mind.
I wouldn't say it equals the Hot Toys version, but you can definitely pose it more and enjoy it as much.

I didn't even touch my Hot Toys Batman figures since I posed them, they are sitting in my window displays, and I'm very cautious about changing the pose. But I toyed with the Mezco figure a lot more, like I've changed the pose at least 5 times haha.

I missed the Hot Toys Batman - hoping for a 2nd version! I did get the Mezco - its awesome & makes me realize how much I NEED a H.T. Batman!

I know what you're trying to say. I was just pointing out that it's not always the case, and definitely not with your example of Ant-Man.

Ok...we'll have to agree to disagree because it happens with ALL the figures...all of em. Yes. Even Ant-Man. There definitely were guys dumping the original to secure the new one. Maybe it wasn't as prevalent as other re-releases/re-dos, but it happened.

And I'm not "trying" to say it, I said it...:peace:monkey1

This Batman figure could peak for years though. Look at what happened with the Joker 2.0, the prices for this guy are insane. Or a better example would be The Godfather figure, people are selling it for over $1000 on ebay.

Godfather doesn't really fit the bill...he was released once and that was it. Of course his stock will continue to rise, right?

When you say Joker 2.0, are you talking about the Bank Robber 2.0 fig. Cause that definitely affected the aftermarket price of the original.

Last edited:
Someone here was saying SSC told him they were getting more...I guess not mine got cancelled too.

Easy to see why people are voting figure of the year for this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Godfather doesn't really fit the bill...he was released once and that was it. Of course his stock will continue to rise, right?

When you say Joker 2.0, are you talking about the Bank Robber 2.0 fig. Cause that definitely affected the aftermarket price of the original.

No I'm talking about Joker 2.0 (with purple suit), that's the most valuable Joker yet. I was taking this example because so far he was not re-released and no Joker 3.0 announced. So if this Batman was to not have any re-release, he would easily reach the same price.

Back