1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Batman figure could peak for years though. Look at what happened with the Joker 2.0, the prices for this guy are insane. Or a better example would be The Godfather figure, people are selling it for over $1000 on ebay.

But I'm pretty sure that this particular suit will make a come-back with Ben Affleck's upcoming "The Batman", or even in Justice League. And yeah the rebreather Batman from Suicide Squad was announced, don't see why they would miss the opportunity to release that one since they did release the Imposter version.
So yeah there's a high chance the price will drop on that particular figure at some point.

Also I'm a bit surprised they don't re-release it, it sold out very fast, they have the molds and everything else, why don't they just make a new batch? Easy money.

The Godfather figure is in a different league then BVS Batman. Don Vito Corleone has had two action figures I can think of (Hot Toys and the Mcfarlane one which is basically a statue). The Hot Toys figure is likely the highest quality and most detailed version of that character there will ever be. Even then it now usually only sells for $800-$850.

Ledger Joker is probably the most popular/iconic character in the entire comic book movie genre. The 2.0 came out at the peak of TDK films popularity. It has a ton of display options and a lot of collectors bought multiples of him. It sat at retail for a long time as it did come with a hefty price tag ($280 at a time when most figures were around $180 or less). While he still sells for a lot ($750-$800) it has dropped quite a bit in the last year. People are moving on to the new DC movies. I'm not sure how well a 3.0 would do now.

Once another regular version of Batman hits (and it will) this one will drop like a rock.It happened every time with the Bale Batman figures. I do think this one has a broader appeal then the other move Batman figures because it is the most comic accurate Batman. Even if you hated the movie, if you like comics you are probably into this Batman. I think that proves how successful a realistic comic book line could be for Hot Toys.

I really like that Prime One Studios 1/2 scale Batman statue but resigned to the fact I'll never own one of those freaking things unless I win one or one falls magically out of the sky into my man cave. :D So the best I can do is try to replicate the pose and dream on. <sigh> :lol
bat5.jpg
bat6.jpg
bat7.JPG

The Godfather figure is in a different league then BVS Batman. Don Vito Corleone has had two action figures I can think of (Hot Toys and the Mcfarlane one which is basically a statue). The Hot Toys figure is likely the highest quality and most detailed version of that character there will ever be. Even then it now usually only sells for $800-$850.

Ledger Joker is probably the most popular/iconic character in the entire comic book movie genre. The 2.0 came out at the peak of TDK films popularity. It has a ton of display options and a lot of collectors bought multiples of him. It sat at retail for a long time as it did come with a hefty price tag ($280 at a time when most figures were around $180 or less). While he still sells for a lot ($750-$800) it has dropped quite a bit in the last year. People are moving on to the new DC movies. I'm not sure how well a 3.0 would do now.

Once another regular version of Batman hits (and it will) this one will drop like a rock.It happened every time with the Bale Batman figures. I do think this one has a broader appeal then the other move Batman figures because it is the most comic accurate Batman. Even if you hated the movie, if you like comics you are probably into this Batman. I think that proves how successful a realistic comic book line could be for Hot Toys.

Fact is, if Don Corleone or Joker were to be re-issued, the previous versions would drop in price (doubt it will ever happen for Don Corleone but you never know.. and I'm sure at some point, there'll be a new Ledger Joker, and there will still be demand for it). As will Batman if there's a new batch or a newer version.
I took DC and Joker as examples because these are characters people love. And this latest Batman as you stated, almost everyone loved at least the costume, even if they hated the movie. It's extremely iconic.

Judging from the Justice League pictures, apparently Batman will wear an armored costume, so the Hot Toys version of that Batman won't make the regular Batman drop in price. Doubt we'll see the regular suit in Justice League. But I hope this costume makes a return in Affleck's solo movie. In that case, Hot Toys could make a newer version (maybe with brighter color) and it would indeed make the price drop easily.

I would love a line of realistic comic book figures in 1/6 scale : ) I didn't like what Sideshow did with their pseudo-comic book Batman 1/6 figure, but I'm sure Hot Toys could do wonders if they did the Dark Knight Returns look. Heck I would buy the whole line of TDKR figures if they did the Joker, Superman, Armored Batman... Doubt it will ever happen. Hopefully Mezco may... finish what they started (no Kylo Ren impression please) with that line. It does work great in 1/12 scale.

Excellent pictures. I think this figure looks even better than the Prime Studio one - but their Ledger Joker is a masterpiece.
Thanks!
Yeah, I didn't really want to come out & say it (cause people freak usually)...but the HT figure IMHO does have better overall body proportions...especially in the upper body/ shoulders/ chest area. P1 just isn't quite bulky enough. Still an epic piece of art though. L. Joker and Superman look to be showstoppers.

loving your pics karnis!
I saw the P1 batman, supes & WW at toys fair and strangely I wasn't impressed. I saw more of ben affleck in hot toys' than P1. I thought I was alone in this:)
I love their arkham knight line & transformers though

I don't think we'll see this suit in any other films. With all of the merchandising that goes with a Batman film, they always have a new suit (if not 2 new suits) so that more merchandise can be sold. Mostly for the sake of children's merchandise, mind you. I think this one is the closest-to-comicbook suit that we will see on film.

I don't think we'll see this suit in any other films. With all of the merchandising that goes with a Batman film, they always have a new suit (if not 2 new suits) so that more merchandise can be sold. Mostly for the sake of children's merchandise, mind you. I think this one is the closest-to-comicbook suit that we will see on film.

that's why I am glad I got it, but I think the suicide squad one will come out. maybe as a exclusive

Remember, the Knightmare Batman didn't even come with the eye pieces to swap out. So who knows what they will include with the SS Batman figure if it ever gets released. I could see them not even including the normal faceplates at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think the toy companies need any help pulling extra figures outta their asses for merchandising. I think I saw Spidey and Flash on motorcycles at Target a while back.

It'll be interesting to see Batman's appearance in the solo movie. It probably won't be the BvS suit, but I at least want the comic gray and black.

I don't think the toy companies need any help pulling extra figures outta their asses for merchandising. I think I saw Spidey and Flash on motorcycles at Target a while back.

It'll be interesting to see Batman's appearance in the solo movie. It probably won't be the BvS suit, but I at least want the comic gray and black.

Maybe the sole film will have the grey and blue color scheme.

Back